Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Just watched Onward with the kids. Pretty solid Disney original idea movie.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    That Super Bowl teaser trailer for the Marvel shows coming looked pretty solid.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Obe One Kenobi series put on hold and crew sent home

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Togo with William Defoe was outstanding.
    We’re about 30 minutes into it and I'm very impressed so far.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Finished the Mandalorian tonight. So binged it all this weekend. Pretty good first season.

Hope the other Disney + originals are as high quality as they come out.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Exactly, that’s why i liked it. Im not a big Star Wars fan, but watch them because my two sons are.
    The music sort of reminded of something from Marvel
    Well it is from John Favreu so that might explain choosing a marvel style score.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by L.M. View Post
    The style of the show is "space western" and I think the music was adjusted to that. It reminds me a little of a theme that was used in a western show or movie, I've been trying to remember which one...
    Exactly, that’s why i liked it. Im not a big Star Wars fan, but watch them because my two sons are.
    The music sort of reminded of something from Marvel

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Binge watched the first 5 episodes of Mandalorian tonight with the wife. Definitely impressed.

But why did Favreu go with a musical score that doesn’t sound like Star Wars?
    The style of the show is "space western" and I think the music was adjusted to that. It reminds me a little of a theme that was used in a western show or movie, I've been trying to remember which one...

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Binge watched the first 5 episodes of Mandalorian tonight with the wife. Definitely impressed.

But why did Favreu go with a musical score that doesn’t sound like Star Wars?

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Togo with William Defoe was outstanding.
    Holy Husky that was good, wow! What a great story to be told as well...I too thought that Balto was the "heroic" lead dog of the 1925 diphtheria serum run. I had no idea that another dog played the role that Togo actually did in making that almost impossible journey.

Great movie.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    They moved WandaVision up from 2021 to 2020.

The fall of 2020 is going to be packed with exciting new shows. Unlike The Mandalorian, they better have their toys ready for Christmas. I'm really excited about WandaVision because it appears to be a 50s style sitcom.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    What are the release dates on some of these Marvel shows like Loki?
    I don’t know exactly but sometime in 2020 I believe.

I think they were smart to not have all these rumored shows available at launch. They have to give people reasons to stay subscribed like with Netflix. Can’t have everyone binge in the first month and cancel until season 2.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Not really any different than Netflix with their shows.

I’m signed up for 4 years so I won’t be missing any of it. My kids watch the app daily. Plus the marvel shows will drop before the 1 free year ends. And I thought there were other Star Wars shows coming? At least animated anyway.
    What are the release dates on some of these Marvel shows like Loki?

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Finished up the Mandalorian yesterday and loved how they set up the next season. What sucks is that they’ll probably wait for all these free year long subscriptions to run out before they release it.
    Not really any different than Netflix with their shows.

I’m signed up for 4 years so I won’t be missing any of it. My kids watch the app daily. Plus the marvel shows will drop before the 1 free year ends. And I thought there were other Star Wars shows coming? At least animated anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X