Scary Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary Movies

Ok, you guys can use this thread to discuss all your favorite scary movies, i just have one thing i REALLY need to know

Ok, last night i was watching Stephen King's IT on USA and i fell asleep before the end of it. the last thing i remember was the big spider thing shining hte white light in the guys' faces and holdin up eddy. HOW DOES IT END?
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Never seen IT.

Although there isn't any movies that really scare me,
    my favorite "scary" movies are:

The Exorcist
    Pet Cemetary
    The Blair Witch Project
    Night of the Living Dead
    The Evil Dead Trilogy
    Re-Animator
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
    Friday the 13th part 6: Jason Lives
    Nightmare on Elmstreet
    Nightmare on Elmstreet 3: Dream Warriors

Comment

I'm rather fond of the original "Halloween" movie. If you watch it now you might think there are a lot of cliches but what you have to realize is that it created most of the cliches for modern horror movies.

I also like the remake of "The Thing" which oddly enough is also a John Carpenter movie.

"Alien" and "Aliens" are sort of Sci-Fi/Horror movies but definitely scary in there. "Aliens" is one of my all-time faves.

And, Dark Knight, I don't think the "Evil Dead" flicks were intended to be scary, although I could be wrong. They are pretty awesome, though.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
        I'm rather fond of the original "Halloween" movie. If you watch it now you might think there are a lot of cliches but what you have to realize is that it created most of the cliches for modern horror movies.

I also like the remake of "The Thing" which oddly enough is also a John Carpenter movie.

"Alien" and "Aliens" are sort of Sci-Fi/Horror movies but definitely scary in there. "Aliens" is one of my all-time faves.

And, Dark Knight, I don't think the "Evil Dead" flicks were intended to be scary, although I could be wrong. They are pretty awesome, though.

No they really weren't but they were to good for me not to include.

Comment

Guys! I saw CARRIE , the first Stephan King Movie, back in the day when it came out at the theatre. It introduced Cissy Spacek, Amy Irving, and William Katt. John Travolta was the mean chicks boyfriend who supplied the Hogs blood in exchange for a sexual favor. (That alone was a cinematic first at the time) So it was scary, it was wild, yada yada. Then right at the end, no one knew it was a dream sequence. Many people were filing out, with their backs turned to the screen. We all had relaxed and thought it was done. Then when Amy Irving leaned down at the site of the house that had sunk into the ground to hell, suddenly Carries hand shot up throught the ground and grabbed her arm! My highschool sweetheart, Debbie, screamed loud. I jumped a couple inches outta my seat. Every single dumb son of a gun who thought he was so smart filing out early, they all mssed it! As one, they spun around and you could hear 'em all say simutaneously, "What happened?"
          As we who saw it calmed down, and looked at the shmoes... we all started laughing at them. It was only natural. So not only did they miss out on the real deal, and a great story 30 years later, but they were the butt of the joke and the object of ridicule.

One day chicken, next day feathers.
          - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
            Ok, you guys can use this thread to discuss all your favorite scary movies

Well, the most recent one I have seen sucked..Not sure if it was really supposed to be a "scary" movie, but if it was supposed to be it wasnt..It was White Noise, and the whole movie pretty much sucked..
            WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
              Ok, you guys can use this thread to discuss all your favorite scary movies, i just have one thing i REALLY need to know

Ok, last night i was watching Stephen King's IT on USA and i fell asleep before the end of it. the last thing i remember was the big spider thing shining hte white light in the guys' faces and holdin up eddy. HOW DOES IT END?
              thats the reason im afraid of clowns now.. ..im dead serious.lol anyways, i forget how it ends sorry

Comment

i've never seen "IT" but i doubt they all live happily ever after.

i think the scariest movie i've ever seen the japanese version of the ring. oh and i'd put blair witch project up there too. but i think that only scared ppl who have backpacking experience.
                sigpic
                go broncos
                share the sidewalk
                liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

The original nightmare on elm street..........If it's on at night I still watch it w/ the lights on.
                  Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

The Exorcist is the scariest movie that I have ever seen. It's not only "jump out of your seat" scary, but it's also "defiled stuff that will stick to your mind for weeks" scary.

As for It, I read the book a while ago and watched the movie too. Sadly, both are mostly vague to me now. I believe the story ends with the kids (now adults) triumphing over Pennywise. Only one of them died and I think it was the dude who had asthma. I may be wrong, but that's how I remember it.
                    sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
                      The Exorcist is the scariest movie that I have ever seen. It's not only "jump out of your seat" scary, but it's also "defiled stuff that will stick to your mind for weeks" scary.
                      Did you see it orginally in the theaters or later on? I hear the original release of The Exorcist had single frames scattered through the film of horrific images that couldn't be seen by the naked eye but were subliminally picked up up by the viewer. After complaints were made, the images were removed and people didn't find the movie as scary (although some still did). Personally, I thought it was only slighty scary when I saw it years after the fact. I wish I could have seen the very first release so I could compare.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Did you see it orginally in the theaters or later on? I hear the original release of The Exorcist had single frames scattered through the film of horrific images that couldn't be seen by the naked eye but were subliminally picked up up by the viewer. After complaints were made, the images were removed and people didn't find the movie as scary (although some still did). Personally, I thought it was only slighty scary when I saw it years after the fact. I wish I could have seen the very first release so I could compare.
                        I saw the re-release a few years ago after seeing the original on VHS in HS in the 1989.

SO aside from looking and sounding AWESOME, there were some random 'faces' in certain parts that I had never noticed before. Scared the crap out of my wife.

I think that for 1973, that it would have been absolutely terrifying and groundbreaking for a major studio release. I wasn't alive then, so I dunno. But the truly scary stuff to me was not the projectile vomiting or the creepy priest eyes at the end, it was the weird recorded stuff that had all the messed up stuff when played backward. That creeped me out.

Scariest movie I ever saw was "Communion". ALthough an uneven alien abduction film, Christopher Walken's odd delivery really works for this film. You really are kind of freaked out because you aren;t sure if he is crazy or not.

Plus, it lead me to read the book, and that author swears EVERYTHING is true, which is just creepy to me. The book comes highly recommended from me, the movie not so much.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by margerafanisbac
                          thats the reason im afraid of clowns now.. ..im dead serious.lol anyways, i forget how it ends sorry

lmao, j/k. it was an alright movie, not all that scary, but pretty good. ive seen all of the horror movies at blockbuster, hollywood video, and class six video. none of em all that great, one of my favorites is the thing.
                          sigpic

Comment

Did you see it orginally in the theaters or later on?
                            Later on. I wasn't alive when it came out in theatres. I watched it later on VHS when I was about 11 or 12. That's probably half the reason why I found it so scary. That scene with the crucifix was just plain wrong.
                            sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Personally, I've never been scared by a movie, but I'd have to say The Excorcist is one of my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                              X