Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watching the UFO show w/ Peter Jennings on ABC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by Zmabe
    not yankin your chain man, i got the info off of a site that had the info from an ex nasa radio guy, its under www.theshadowlands.net and go to the ufo section. thier ghosts and hauntings section aint bad either. they got stuff on the jersey devil too.
    Pretty entertianing site. I'm not sure if a single thing there is true but it's very entertining.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by Uula Bear
    I deffenetly believe there's inteligent life on other planets, I became curious as to why UFO's have only been spotted since 1947 or something like that. I'd like to think that if an alien race visited us they'd attempt to communicate with us.

Not if they saw us as savages, or not if their research indicated that knowledge of them would affect their research.

I forget the name of the theory, but it states you cannot observe a phenomena. Once you attempt to observe it, you alter it, even without knowing it.

Its possible that 1947 was only the first time that civilians had equipment to capture images or radar or whatever.

It may also be that because of TV media, stuff like that finally had an outlet that reached more people in a shorter amount of time than ever before.

Leave a comment:

• Uula Bear
    replied
    I deffenetly believe there's inteligent life on other planets, I became curious as to why UFO's have only been spotted since 1947 or something like that. I'd like to think that if an alien race visited us they'd attempt to communicate with us.

Leave a comment:

• Zmabe
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon
    Well, I believe it's impossible that we're alone in the universe.

But where did you hear that about Armstrong? That's the first rumor I've ever heard to that effect. Not to be skeptical but...are you yanking our chain?
    not yankin your chain man, i got the info off of a site that had the info from an ex nasa radio guy, its under www.theshadowlands.net and go to the ufo section. thier ghosts and hauntings section aint bad either. they got stuff on the jersey devil too.

Leave a comment:

• urinal_cake
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewsyourdaddy9
    want to see an U.F.O???

go to oakland, there are plenty.

But it is very unlikely we are alone in the universe.
    Couldn't agree more... ™

Leave a comment:

• Drewsyourdaddy9
    replied
    want to see an U.F.O???

go to oakland, there are plenty.

But it is very unlikely we are alone in the universe.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    You can't trade because they do not have the capability of transporting themselves or materials the necessary distances, and they cannot use any of your technologies because it is too complex for them to understand.
    Bah, lay those advanced technologies on me. I love technological advances and think we are progressing way too slow thanks to corporate greed which makes them release technological advances in smaller increments and higher prices while they skim the market. A more advanced lifeform could give us some amazing, life-altering technologies that would render our corporate-minded civilizations obsolete thereby negating the need for corporate profit.

I think the most logical thing is to observe and see how the civilization is structured.
    Well, the odds are that vastly advanced extraterrestrial beings have immensely extended lifespans, naturally or via technological means, and therefor have comparatively (to humans) extreme patience. So, they'll probably be observing for far longer than any of us will be around and we'll miss out when their great revelation comes.

Say, anybody want some of this oddly flavored cherry kool-aid? I hear the aliens like humans that drink this stuff and will take us away from all our troubles and cares and teach us to explore and come to understand the greater universe all around us.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Come on, Jared. They need us humans to test their anal probes on. Are they supposed to test them on themselves?

No, they just need Cartman.

Seriously though. Lets say you are a superior civilization. And lets assume that they don't have or use slavery. You come across a civilization on your travels, that while complex, and made up of relatively intelligent beings, is very far behind your own. What benefit is there? You can't trade because they do not have the capability of transporting themselves or materials the necessary distances, and they cannot use any of your technologies because it is too complex for them to understand. You can't be allies, because again, they are of no help to you. Declaring war does you no good, because you see no strategic advantage to dominating an inferior civilization anyway. And it wouldn;t be war, it would be slaughter. In essence, its like coming across an anthill. I think the most logical thing is to observe and see how the civilization is structured.

Especially if we are the only other life THEY have encountered! Wouldn't that be wild if Alpha Centauri had an earth like planet with a more advanced civilization, and they stumbled on to us? They found us interesting, but crude, so they observe to see if they can learn about us or about themselves. Like us observing the complex social order of dolphins (we suspect they are intelligent, but we don;t really understand them).

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    If they got here, they have probably observed enough to know that revealing themselves to us has no benefit to them.
    Come on, Jared. They need us humans to test their anal probes on. Are they supposed to test them on themselves?

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by Uula Bear
    I didn't see anything special. I'm suprized so many people believe these UFO's are from other planets, don't they realize they are government crafts???

While I beleive that a majority of UFO sighting are more than likely experimental military aircraft, I do believe that some are unexplainable.

I think we are not alone in the universe, and it's entirely possible that there is a more advanced civilization out there somewhere. If they got here, they have probably observed enough to know that revealing themselves to us has no benefit to them.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by Zmabe
    did you know that during the first landing on the moon nasa got radio transmitions from armstrong saying "thier watching us, they are all around us, they dont want us here."
    Well, I believe it's impossible that we're alone in the universe.

But where did you hear that about Armstrong? That's the first rumor I've ever heard to that effect. Not to be skeptical but...are you yanking our chain?

Leave a comment:

• Zmabe
    replied
    Originally posted by urinal_cake
    well, anyone???™

ya, im a ferm believer in extra terestrial life. i wanted ta watch it and possibly learn more. did you know that during the first landing on the moon nasa got radio transmitions from armstrong saying "thier watching us, they are all around us, they dont want us here." and that there were numerous reports of shuttles being followed by crafts and that nasa told the austronaughts to switch to complete silence.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    well, anyone???™
    Wellll darnitol I missed it Maybe it will be on again?

Leave a comment:

• Uula Bear
    replied
    Aw man, I wish I'd known about it. Was there any new stuff or just what they show on the Sci-Fi channel from time to time?
    I didn't see anything special. I'm suprized so many people believe these UFO's are from other planets, don't they realize they are government crafts???

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    well, anyone???™
    Aw man, I wish I'd known about it. Was there any new stuff or just what they show on the Sci-Fi channel from time to time?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X