Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

--- worn out movie cliches ---

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • --- worn out movie cliches ---

    --- have you noticed how many things are repetitive in so many movies?
    • --- they always eject the magazine from thier handgun and slam the clip back in ---
    • --- if there is a swordfight --- candles and drapes will be sliced ---
    • --- car chase scenes --- they always drive on the sidewalk and crash through fruit stands
    • --- the trail of clothes leading to the bed room ---
    • --- " you can go now, but don't leave town" ---
    • --- " stay right here" ---(they never do) ---
    • --- have you ever noticed the bottoms of actor's feet in bedroom scenes? --- thier feet are filthy from walking around the set in between takes ---
    --- there are so many --- can you think of any more? --- az

    May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

  • #2
    credits.


    I don't give a damn who did what. I'm already walking out. Seriously, do you care who the gaffer or best boy were?

    If, for some reason there is a specific song that I REALLY want to know about from the movie, I hate that they put that at the END of the credits.

    Let's see, what else?

    This will sound odd, but as much as I like women, most of the nudity seems gratuitous. I have no objections to nudity, I hate when it is just in there and it serves no purpose in advancing the plot. Unless it's a rape scene, or the movie "Breast Men", its usually just there to get guys to rent the video or see the movie. As a matter of fact, the only time I can think of that nudity was actually needed in a movie, other that the disturbing rape scenes in "the Accused", and "A Clockwork Orange", was in the 80's cult classic "Just One Of The Guys" where a girl aspiring to be a journalist fails to win a writing competition. She is quite certain it is beacuse her teacher is a sexist. So, as a way to be taken more seriously as a writer, she switches schools and attends as a boy. She is planningon writing something about how boys and girls are STILL treated differently. Anyway, all of these odd and funny moments happen, typical fish out of water stuff. She doesn't know how to act like a guy, yadda yadda yadda, almost gets busted a few times, yadda yaddda yadda, and at one point, near the end of the movie, she is trying to tell the guy she likes, who happens to be her best friend, that she's a girl, because he is weirded out and thinks that she/he is gay. So she busts out her breasts:
    (awkward pause)
    Rick: Are those what I think they are?
    Terry: I'm sorry...
    Rick: (PAUSE) Where do you get off having ****?


    If she doesn't whip em out, Rick thinks "Terry" is gay, not a girl in disguise, and the movie isn't resolved as cleanly as it should be.

    Funny stuff.

    But most movies don't use nudity in this fashion. Possibly the "nadia" scene in the first American Pie movie. That's about it, as far as I know.

    So nudity is cliche.

    Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

    The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh Jared, sometimes you miss stuff walking out when the credits start.

      Did you see Shrek 2? You missed the scene AFTER the credits where they were all at a party.

      Doesnt happen very often, but sometimes they make you pay for leaving when the credits start to roll. When you start taking your daughter to animated movies, stick around for the credits.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JWinn
        Oh Jared, sometimes you miss stuff walking out when the credits start.

        Did you see Shrek 2? You missed the scene AFTER the credits where they were all at a party.

        Doesnt happen very often, but sometimes they make you pay for leaving when the credits start to roll. When you start taking your daughter to animated movies, stick around for the credits.

        Didn't see Shrek 2, but the reviews had said to wait.

        And again, if we don't KNOW it's there, we'd be blissfully ignorant anyway.

        Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

        The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

        Comment


        • #5
          When the slasher is chasing someone, they hop into a car and it never starts right away.
          I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Big Bad John
            When the slasher is chasing someone, they hop into a car and it never starts right away.

            That happens so often. And it's not just scary movies. It's any time they need a vehicle. It's rediculous. First of all in real life, if it's just some random car, it'd be locked anyway...and unless you know how to hotwire (most people don't) you're screwed.

            However, if it's your car and you have the keys, you'd think you'd keep your car tuned up and if you don't, maybe it's an underlying message from auto mechanics to keep your car tuned. If you don't you deserve what's comin' hahaha.

            I hate how they over use bullet-time now. I mean, every time they use it the person is doing an exact move from the Matrix. They can't come up with another way to use it? Grrr...

            I don't like how a lot of people still smoke in movies.

            I'm not going to like the explosion of copy cat Sin City movies that we're going to have to sit through.

            Why can people never aim or hit anything when they're shooting? The good guys are really bad and the bad guys act like they've never shot a gun in their life. If you're using a machine gun at the range of most shooting scenes in movies, you're bound to hit somebody!!!

            And why do they always fire more rounds than the gun can carry without reloading?

            I guess those aren't cliche's, but more retarded things that no one has seemed to fix. When I can think of some cliches I'll report back.
            sigpic

            DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RealBronco

              Why can people never aim or hit anything when they're shooting? The good guys are really bad and the bad guys act like they've never shot a gun in their life. If you're using a machine gun at the range of most shooting scenes in movies, you're bound to hit somebody!!!

              And why do they always fire more rounds than the gun can carry without reloading?
              This is the thing that always gets me in movies.

              Two guys shooting at each other, bad guy has a machine gun, lets off a hundred or more rounds, all from a 20 shot clip. Good guy has a revolver, six shots, but manages to somehow let off 20 or 30 rounds before he's empty. Both are five to ten feet apart, neither can hit each other.

              I just learned to shoot this past summer. I have only shot about 100 total rounds from a variety of guns. With an SSK (Chinese rifle) I can hit a dinner plate at 200 yards. (Scoped) With a 45, (pistol)I can hit a 1-2 inch round target at 30 feet.

              I can shoot better than all these guys in movies?

              What also get me in movies, is how nobody ever seems to have to use the restroom. I mean, after hours of shooting at each other, you'd think someone has to go!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JWinn

                What also get me in movies, is how nobody ever seems to have to use the restroom. I mean, after hours of shooting at each other, you'd think someone has to go!

                hahahaha...that's true. they don't want their precious hollywoodesque being lost if we see them going to the bathroom.
                sigpic

                DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The good guys always win
                  My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

                  Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

                  America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

                  Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncosB2B
                    The good guys always win
                    i hate that...

                    I want a movie where the bad guy wins (Swordfish was close).

                    Coach Carter and Friday Night Lights were interesting. I didn't know the stories so I had no idea the teams lost their state championship games...

                    That's real life...why don't movies reflect that more?
                    sigpic

                    DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i'm not sure this rises to the level of a cliche, but a lot of times when people find out big dramatic information, or they're sad about something or whatever, they will lean their backs against a wall and slowly slide down until sitting on the floor. WHO DOES THAT?! i tried the other day, and let me tell you, it is quite an awkward motion.
                      sigpic
                      go broncos
                      share the sidewalk
                      liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mattos
                        i'm not sure this rises to the level of a cliche, but a lot of times when people find out big dramatic information, or they're sad about something or whatever, they will lean their backs against a wall and slowly slide down until sitting on the floor. WHO DOES THAT?! i tried the other day, and let me tell you, it is quite an awkward motion.
                        Call this my own crazy theory, but I think the reason they do that is because typically when people hear really bad news, they get weak in the knees...and will maybe fall to their knees as a result, but this could hurt your knees if on a hard surface...so in Hollywood's pathetic attempt to capture the drama of someone falling without hurting those precious little actors, they use the whole 'sliding down the wall' thing. I agree with you mattos, who in the heck actually does that...it is rather awkward.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Big Buck 1981
                          Call this my own crazy theory, but I think the reason they do that is because typically when people hear really bad news, they get weak in the knees...and will maybe fall to their knees as a result, but this could hurt your knees if on a hard surface...so in Hollywood's pathetic attempt to capture the drama of someone falling without hurting those precious little actors, they use the whole 'sliding down the wall' thing. I agree with you mattos, who in the heck actually does that...it is rather awkward.
                          probably right. they'd have to use a stuntman if the script called for the person to just fall down.
                          sigpic
                          go broncos
                          share the sidewalk
                          liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            How theres ALWAYS that one lame guy who cant pull his own weight and always ends up dead despite the valiant efforts of his buddies to keep his dumbass alive.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Cliches?

                              Joaquin Pheonix.

                              Other than that, you know that scene where the bad guy throws a cig into a stream of gasoline or something and it blows a car or something of the sort up?


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X