No announcement yet.

--- worn out movie cliches ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When someone is being chased and they get into there car..But the car NEVER starts..Or when someone is getting chased..They ALWAYS fall down..And then they NEVER get up for some reason, they just stay there and very slowly try to crawl away when there not even hurt..

Or, this may sound racist, but I swear to God I am not..But have you guys noticed..In almost every movie the black guy dies first..
    WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Cop movies when there is a veteran cop and a young rookie, many times they will chase the bad guy... only to have the young cop run impulsively ahead of the veteran cop and to his doom as the bad guy pops him and the old cop swears revenge.

It takes three shots to blow a car up from behind.

If a good guy is driving the car, no matter how many shots are fired from behind, onl the back window will shatter is a dramatic fashion.

In chase scenes there is always the one scene where a baby, old woman or someone is in front of the speeding vehicles, only to be pulled or moved away at the last second.
      The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

"I'll be right back."

"Let's split up."

"Where are we going?" "I don't know but we're getting there fast/making good time!"

Every single romantic comedy ever made.

Hugh Grant.

Movies themselves are just worn out cliches. Any big movie is pretty much a rip of another one, a parody of something else, a sequel, or an old movie that's being remade with Brad Pitt/George Clooney/Julia Roberts or all of them together. Anything movie that isn't directly associated with another one is just the same old story with the same old ending wrapped up in a different cover (seriously, Pearl Harbor and Titanic were the same exact movie, just different actors/tragedies) . Movie plots are just mad libs with the who, where, and when not filled in; they don't even matter anymore. It's just whoever is in it and how much money they can spend.

I'm not saying there's no good movies out there, but these days they sure are few and far between.

Anyways, sorry for that tangent there, there are a ton of more cliches that I can't remember right now, if I think of any good ones I'll come back.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Not sure if it counts as a cliche... but happy endings. I mean jees guys how about you don't be so predictable... guy gets the girl, guy saves the world, baddie killed followed by a 'hillarious' one-liner... gimmi a sad ending please (and not neccessarily in horror films because theyre basically not the greatest films made but in proper dramas) the only semi-sad ending i can think of is the Green Mile (awesome film!!) and i thought it was greatly improved by his death... anyhoo yea more sad endings

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilsDB
            Joaquin Pheonix.

Other than that, you know that scene where the bad guy throws a cig into a stream of gasoline or something and it blows a car or something of the sort up?

Joaquin Pheonix???? lol. There are plenty of actors out there that are in plenty more movies than he is. How is he cliche?

I think he rocks but that's funny.
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by twotone
              "I'll be right back."

"Let's split up."

"Where are we going?" "I don't know but we're getting there fast/making good time!"

Every single romantic comedy ever made.

Hugh Grant.

Movies themselves are just worn out cliches. Any big movie is pretty much a rip of another one, a parody of something else, a sequel, or an old movie that's being remade with Brad Pitt/George Clooney/Julia Roberts or all of them together. Anything movie that isn't directly associated with another one is just the same old story with the same old ending wrapped up in a different cover (seriously, Pearl Harbor and Titanic were the same exact movie, just different actors/tragedies) . Movie plots are just mad libs with the who, where, and when not filled in; they don't even matter anymore. It's just whoever is in it and how much money they can spend.

I'm not saying there's no good movies out there, but these days they sure are few and far between.

Anyways, sorry for that tangent there, there are a ton of more cliches that I can't remember right now, if I think of any good ones I'll come back.
              I agree. The actuality here is that Hollywood has run out of ideas. They are out of plots and characters and situations. They've done them all. There are only so many ways you can do a chase scene, or an action flick...and so many endings or ways to tell a love story. Hollywood is essentially and obviously recycling itself. It's sad, but we are getting some decent remakes and some pretty cool historical films (save the horrible, horrible catastrophe that was Alexander).
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

--- the bad guy gets the good guy cornered, and before he is about to kill the good guy, he always has to rant and ramble on about something, thus giving the good guy time to get the jump on him --- az

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

How about the wooden bridges over canyons, they always seem to lose one step thingy when the actors are walking across, making them panic.
                  Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                  Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                  Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by antd700
                    Not sure if it counts as a cliche... but happy endings. I mean jees guys how about you don't be so predictable... guy gets the girl, guy saves the world, baddie killed followed by a 'hillarious' one-liner... gimmi a sad ending please (and not neccessarily in horror films because theyre basically not the greatest films made but in proper dramas) the only semi-sad ending i can think of is the Green Mile (awesome film!!) and i thought it was greatly improved by his death... anyhoo yea more sad endings
                    Pretty good comments. Really sad sig though!

Comment

Haha what can I say, my best mate is Welsh... so... of course i know how all Welsh are (yes everysingle one of you are the same... slash not but when it comes to England ) Anyhoo did u see Jonathon Davis' Lions side... 8 Welshmen? sorry but no... They played well, but not that well and their style of rugby is completely different to the Irish and English and even the Scots... But their rugby is hardy any recognisable stlye....
                      Last edited by antd700; 04-10-2005, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by antd700
                        Haha what can I say, my best mate is Welsh... so... of course i know how all Welsh are (yes everysingle one of you are the same... slash not but when it comes to England ) Anyhoo did u see Jonathon Edwards' Lions side... 8 Welshmen? sorry but no... They played well, but not that well and their style of rugby is completely different to the Irish and English and even the Scots... But their rugby is hardy any recognisable stlye....
                        Who is Jonathan Edwards? Do you mean the Olympic winning triple jumper? What would he know about rugby? Perhaps you mean Jonathan Davies?
                        Anyway I don't see more than a handful of Welshmen making the first fifteen on the British Lions tour. We've got to remember that it's an English man choosing and he will go for the type of players who played the kind of old fashioned boring rugby played by England. He wouldn't know how to handle the type of exciting rugby players Wales have who excel at playing the type of rugby played by open some of the World's best playing rugby teams such as New Zealand and France (what is known as the modern game and therefore unrecognisable to the English)

Anyway I won't go on as I don't want to hijack AZ's excellent thread topic but seeing as you mentioned earlier that you would like more movies with sad endings how about this one:
                        "JONNY THE MOVIE" - Jonny Wilkinson England's kicker almost singlehandedly hands them the world cup. Jonny gets injured. England fail miserably in the 6 nations championship. No more championships. No more Grand Slams and they fail to defend the World Cup. Heartbreaking isn't it?
                        Looks like you'll have to get a new sig soon! Enjoy it while you can!

Comment

Working...
                        X