Best Country: Garth Brooks
      Best Metal Band: Ozzy
      Best Alternative/New Wave Band: Jet

Most Overrated Band/Group: Outkast
      Most Underrated Band/Group: The Outfield

Best Singer: Leann Rymes
      Best Guitar Player: Eric Clapton
      Best Drummer: Ricky Rocket (Poison)
      Best Bass Player: That guy in Van Halen (LOL Can't remember his name)

Best Concert: Best show I ever saw was Queen
      Best Album: Lots to choose from here.
      Alan Parsons Project - I Robot
      Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
      Steve Miller Band - Book Of Dreams
      Just to name a few of my favs.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John
        Best Bass Player: Jason Newsted (Metallica)

Good choices, but Metallica's first bassist, Cliff Burton was far better than Newsted. Cliff was on all the Cds from "Kill em all" up to "And Justice For all"
        ---IZAAK

Comment

All Time Favorite Band: I used to jump and say KISS, but honestly, I listen to just as much AC/DC as KISS. It's a tie.
          Best Rock Band: See above
          Best Rap Group: RUN-DMC....please. No contest.
          Best Country:Hello, my name is Johnny Cash. Anyone who can write the lyrics "I shot a man in Reno just so I could watch him die" automatically wins the baddest badass of them all in my book. Plus, he influnced punk bands. He is THE man.
          Best Metal Band: Hmm....there is such a schism between what was once metal and what is metal now. Old school, I'd have to go Queensryche, new school, TOOL
          Best Alternative/New Wave Band: The Cars. (While their singles were catchy, their album tracks were sleek and dark, and kind of sinister, as New Wave should be!)

Most Overrated Band/Group: Hmmmmm.......probably Nirvana. I think they were in the right place at the right time, but the Pixies and Pearl Jam have been more influential. Time will tell...........
          Most Underrated Band/Group: King's X (check my sig. Essentially metal/rock, but basically undefinable. Imagine Jimi Hendrix singing over Metallica's riffs, with the Beatles adding harmonies. It sounds strange, but it works.)

Best Singer: In terms of pure technical skills, I'm going with Freddie Mercury. In terms of just being able to convey a wide range of gut level rock n roll emotions, I'm going to have to go with Robert Plant. Sucha versatile guy, when you think abotu how Zep progressed.
          Best Guitar Player: Wow. So many could be here. My personal fave is Ace Frehley from KISS, who had a very cool approach to solos. Otherwise, there's too many who fit this bill.
          Best Drummer: Neil Peart...I mean, come on guys. He took the manaical approach of Keith Moon, and refined it to a very controlled edge. Perhaps the single most influential rock drummer ever.
          Best Bass Player: Hmmmmmmm.......Cliff Burton was pretty inventive, but I'm gonna go with Bootsy Collins, from P-funk. He was the bass player with James Brown first, and without him, we don't even have the word or genre 'funk'. Those crazy fast bass melodies and that poppin funk sound were his inventions. Flea just stole them.

Best Concert: My personal best was Metallica with Queensryche opening in 1989. Both bands were just on. No technical issues, great acoustics, and they both had fantastic nights playing as units. I literally got chills at certain portions of the show
          Best Album: If you want to show someone what the true essence of music is, play anything from Bach. In my own case though, I like rock music. The best rock album I have ever heard, that just distills what rock and roll should be, with no frills, is AC/DC's Highway to Hell. I know everyone worships Back In Black, but this one is just as brilliant, and is more rebellious, which is what rock is. You parents my know "You Shook Me All Night Long" but if you want to piss them off, try the mysogynistic "Walk All Over You", or the ode to sex drugs and rock n roll on the title track. Or, saving the best for last, "Night Prowler" about a sexual predator. Pretty dangerous stuff compared to Back in Black (although I do love that album too.) "If You Want Blood" and "Beating Around the Bush" also kick major ass. And "Touch Too Much" is sex in musical form.

Get this CD!

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

All time favorite band - Beatles, Boston, The Cars
            Best Rock Band AC/DC
            Best Rap Group- No comment
            Best Country Group- Alabama
            Best Metal Band- Not sure
            Best New Wave Band - The Cars and Blondie

Most overrated group - Anybody who is currently in the top 40
            Today's music ain't got the same soul. I like that old time rock n roll
            Most underrated group - not sure

Best Singer - Lead singer of Boston, Ben Orr of the Cars and Jim Morrison
            Best guitar player - Guitar player of Boston, and Eddie Van Halen
            Best Drummer- Drummer for Boston
            Best Bass Player - Ben Orr of the Cars
            Best Concert- KISS, Poison, Areosmith, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Chicago, Lynard Skinnard, 38 Special
            Best Album- Abbey Road- Beatles, Boston First Album, Cars 1st and 2nd album, Hysteria Def Leppard

Favorite songs -More than a feeling, Let's Go, Hey Jude
            Last edited by DBFan4Ever; 04-14-2005, 09:40 PM.

Comment

All Time Favorite Band: L.A. Guns
              Best Rock Band: L.A. Guns
              Best Rap Group: PE
              Best Country: Hank Williams
              Best Metal Band: Motorhead
              Best Alternative/New Wave Band: Sonic Youth

Most Overrated Band/Group: Linkin Park
              Most Underrated Band/Group: Motorhead (underappreciated anyway)

Best Singer: Jizzy Pearl
              Best Guitar Player: Tracii Guns
              Best Drummer: Tommy Lee
              Best Bass Player: Lemmy

Best Concert: Right now Motley Crue
              Best Album: Appetite for Destruction - GNR
              "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Best Country:Hello, my name is Johnny Cash. Anyone who can write the lyrics "I shot a man in Reno just so I could watch him die" automatically wins the baddest badass of them all in my book. Plus, he influnced punk bands. He is THE man.
                Interesting...I have a few friends who were in the "punk scene" back in the day and they have told me they consider Johnny Cash a punk rocker. Lemmy as well.
                "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by Diggler
                  All Time Favorite Band: Pearl Jam
                  Best Rock Band: Led Zeppelin
                  Best Rap Group: Public Enemy
                  Best Country: N/A
                  Best Metal Band: Metallica
                  Best Alternative/New Wave Band: Radiohead

Most Overrated Band/Group: Nirvana/Aerosmith
                  Most Underrated Band/Group: Wilco

Best Singer: Freddie Mercury
                  Best Guitar Player: Stevie Ray Vaughan
                  Best Drummer: Neil Peart
                  Best Bass Player: John Entwistle

Best Concert: Rush Live in Rio
                  Best Album: Bob Dylan 'Blood on the Tracks'
                  Nirvana and Aerosmith are not overrated their just simply the best.

Comment

--- although not a personal favorite, i have to admit from a technical standpoint, no group is better produced than Aerosmith --- 9"Nails do Johnny Cash --- az

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkBronco
                      Interesting...I have a few friends who were in the "punk scene" back in the day and they have told me they consider Johnny Cash a punk rocker. Lemmy as well.
                      The guy who leads punk rockers Social Distortion is a HUGE Johnny Cash fan. They have do a great cover of "Ring Of Fire".

Regardless of your feelings toward country, Johnny Cash is simply a must for anyone who claims to be a fan of American music. He transcended country. He is up there with Frank Sinatra, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Woody Guthrie, & Chuck Berry as guys who influenced ALL of American music after them, regardless of genre.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                      X