Music that you dislike & why...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music that you dislike & why...

I'm sure that there is a band or artist who's music you absolutely cannot bring yourself to like. Who is that group/artist. Why do you dislike their music?
    This is not about a genre, it's about any group/artist. Hence, "I hate all rap it's stupid" will not cut it.
    Here's my example:
    I cannot understand why anyone likes Nickleback. I could have wrote those lyrics on a bad night of drinking. For some reason Chad Kroger feels compelled to scream out of tune in nearly every radio song that they have out. They are just plain awful.

or

Audioslave drives me crazy. Since when did the boys from Rage become lounge lizards? Chris Cornell's voice drives me bonkers. There is no escape from them on the airwaves either.

Feel free to argue with me if you like these bands too. That's where the fun is...
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Country...i suppose there's relaly no good reason..I just can't get into it.
    Madonna (except that one day i dreamt of a bagel song, it ain't so bad.)

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Nickelback also has a penchant for mysoginistic lyrics.

I can't stand Pink Floyd. I understand that many people think they are great, but their music makes me sleepy. Too laid back and spacey.

Britney Spears: Well, let see... thin voice, limited range, picks unmelodic songs, not an artist, but a performer.

Celine Dion: Wasted her admittedly great voice on bad tunes. Also, the least soulful singer I have ever heard. Ugly.

Jennifer Lopez: See Spears, Britney

Mariah Carey: over sings. Could use a lesson in subtlety from Roberta Flack. Hasn't picked a good song since about 1996 or so.

P.Diddy or whatever the hell he calls himself now. If he could rap half as well as he produces talent, he'd be awesome. But alas........
      Last edited by Jared; 04-22-2005, 11:07 PM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

The Doors. And I'm a classic-rock type guy, but for some reason I just can't listen to them.

Comment

William Hung - need I explain

Jessica Simpson - not so much her singing, but her head bob/roll thing and her arm waving motions when she is singing drives me crazy.
          Winter is Coming!

Comment

drives me crazy too mount-n-groan.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Any music from "American Idol" Those songs in a word "suck"

Coldplay bothers me, all their whining and droning. They ought to change the name of their band to "My ****** Hurts"

I don't dislike it as much as I don't understand the allure of Rap music. Never got into it. I know millions of people love it and that is fine. It just isn't for me.

Comment

No talent a** clown

Kid Rock

He is completely awful. Nearly every song he writes is about himself.

Here I will write the next Kid Rock song:

My name is Kid Rock. I've got lots of money cause I'm Kid Rock. My lyrics suck but it does'nt matter cause I'm Kid Rock. Ya I'm Kid Rock and you're not.

Comment

Any rap music .......ugh!!!!!!!!!
                  Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
                    Any rap music .......ugh!!!!!!!!!
                    Got to list specific artists, not genres.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                      i just about made the same mistake.

i'll go with jack johnson - he's just like dave matthews, john mayer, howie day . . . . only not good.
                      sigpic
                      go broncos
                      share the sidewalk
                      liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Cher

She actually makes my stomach turn.

Comment

THE BEATLES

I feel like all the popular songs pretty much sound the same... They are not that talented... There is only so many sounds you can write about love... They are overrated...
                          ---IZAAK

Comment

Originally posted by Jared

All rap artists.......
                            Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by IZAAK
                              THE BEATLES

I feel like all the popular songs pretty much sound the same... They are not that talented... There is only so many sounds you can write about love... They are overrated...

I will not say that you are wrong, but perhaps you would get a better appreciation for their music in relation to their contemporary artists of the era. If you actually see sheet music, and compare it to say.....the Roling Stones or The Animals, you'll see that the Beatles were FAR more complex than any of those bands.

Just try that and see if you chnage your mind.
                              Last edited by Jared; 04-22-2005, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X