Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living without a television....(Must Read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living without a television....(Must Read)

I never have owned a television in my entire life.. This is a good thing. I listen to bronco games over the radio and thats it. I just had the chance to watch tv at my friends house and I must say, this thing is so FAR from reality. I think some of you people need to turn OFF your televisions. I challenge each of you to turn off your tv for 5 months until football. And Watch it again. It is ABNORMAL. Not part of our lives one bit. Everything we see on the news is redundant to our own individual lives. Does this make us selfish? NO? But why in the world do I want to hear about things that are far away from my own reality? We have been Wrestled down by media and it makes me laugh. This whole tv market isn't anything but one giant dollar bill. I don't even own a single television set, the only real reason I know things such as 9/11 and bombings over seas is because friends with TV tell me about it. Am I a different person after hearing this? NO. If it doesn't pertain to my life why should I even care? Many Of you will think this comment to be selfish, but, The media makes the story, they make the story BIG or the make the story SMALL, if your not even aware of it.. you are just normal! The way you were put on this earth to be. Why Should this garbage even be brought into my life? Why do I want to know that people are dying, people die every 2 seconds does each of them need a story? NO. I would challenge some of you to go one week without tv, and tell me how you feel. You may end up caring about your OWN life for a change.

TROLL.

Im gonna take your challenge. (Starting after the draft) I can go 1 week without TV. I dony even watch it much, I am usually online.
    sigpic

Comment

Fine and dandy, but I loves my TV.

Comment

Wait, does this deal include playing PS2? Cause if it does, than I am toast.
        sigpic

Comment

You make your own rules.. Its your life.. I just suggest trying it.

Comment

But I can understand where you are coming from. If it doesnt happen around you, or one of your family members, you dont really care what is happening in the world. And I think that is very logical thinking. Why worry about what is happening across the seas in Iraq, or worrying about the lady who put the finger in her chili at Wendy's? It doesnt effect you at all, than do not worry about it. I honestly think, that I will do that now, and only worry about what is happening around me, and try to make my life better.
            sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=forumtroll9]I never have owned a television in my entire life.. This is a good thing. I listen to bronco games over the radio and thats it.

Good for you, Troll!

I grew up with a tiny Black and White TV. Channel 2 was local, 4,7, and 9 were the network stations. I remember my whole family crowding around it, to watch Neil Armstrong walk on the Moon. TV was there, but not that important.

I remember coming inside after playing army, pretending to kill Nazi's ( we always made the Bethany kids be the Nazi's) and there would be Ed Bradley or Dan Rather with a report on Viet Nam. As my brother got closer in age to the draft, and after knowing guys from our congregation who had died in Viet Nam, I remember what a big deal it was watching those little balls drawn. Back then, it was a lottery you did not want to win.

There used to be no TV after the 10:00 News. Only Johnny Carson, and then the Star Spangled Banner. TV was not much of a deal.

We got our first Color TV about the time that Star Trek came out, it was on Monday Nights. That was fun. It was so different than anything before. Now it looks hokey. Back then it was awesome.

On Fridays and Saturdays, after the news, they would run Monster Movies. The show was called Creature Features. Life went on, TV was a side thing of little importance.

I used to sneak out my window, truck around with my buds, get into and out of scrapes here and there. TV was a non issue. I remember the last Friday night my Ma refused to let me go out to hang at the Bowling alley or the park or whatever I did. I watched The Partridge Family and Here Come The Brides. After that, I was never home on a Friday night again for ever.

My best memories are times I had no interaction with TV.

But... We all howled at our parties over Saturday Night Live! We used to watch Don Kirschners IN CONCERT and tuned into the Wolfman's MIDNIGHT SPECIAL. It was a treat at a party to tune in Bowie, or Rundgren, or Elton, or Lynerd Skynerd.

TV is not all bad or good. To confuse TV with the Media is a mistake.

A friend just gave me DVD's of the HBO show DEADWOOD. It is awesome!

That show is a far cry from FOX News or CNN.

Back when I have ever been single, I hardly ever watched TV.

When everybody raved about CHEERS or SEINFELD, I knew not what they talked of. I only ever saw that stuff in reruns.

But, Miami Vice! I saw every single one of those. Me and my Girlfriend, and then we'd go out, 'cause it was Friday night. It added to my evening. I admit it. Hell, I pushed the sleeves of my sportscoat up! Grew my stubble out! It was the 80's!

Now TV is so different. 100 plus channels. It is overwhelming. Kids do not grow up the same anymore. I am not the same. We all have a short attention span. If it is not immediatly interesting we hit the clicker. Problem is, life is not always immediatly interesting. We are spoiled.

Kill your TV!
              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I have heard good things about Deadwood. What is it about?
                sigpic

Comment

Deadwood is an historicaly accurate portrayal of the old west boomtown of Deadwood. It is drama, but it is based on how it really was, not on some 1950's cliche. It is cooler than cool.
                  - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
                    Deadwood is an historicaly accurate portrayal of the old west boomtown of Deadwood. It is drama, but it is based on how it really was, not on some 1950's cliche. It is cooler than cool.
                    --- watched every episode last season --- missed almost everyone this season --- Wild Bill's role was very factual --- but right when he got shot in the back --- my dog decide to park in front of the tele and i missed seeing wild Bill's poker hand as he slumped over --- Calamity Jane was a hoot too! --- if they just cut out half of the f+++s and c+++ s+++++s they would have a longer show ---az

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Thanks guys. I have been trying to catch an episode, but I guess I am never home when it is on.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X