Family guy!!!

Leave a comment:

• Den21-Bal19
    replied
    Just about every version of Star Trek, DS9 was the best
    M*A*S*H
    Babylon 5
    Cheers
    Battlestar Galactica (Both old and new - the old one wasn't as bad as I feared when I got it on DVD & the new one is fantastically darker)
    The X-Files
    Doctor Who (my favourite doctor was Tom Baker in the 70's, Peter Davidson wasn't bad, Colin Baker & Sylvester McCoy stank but the new one is pretty good)
    Blakes 7 - Late 70's, early 80's BBC series
    Red Dwarf - BBC Sci-Fi Comedy
    V - The original miniseries & 'The Final Battle' were pretty good, but the 3rd series lost it's way (quite) a bit.
    Space Above And Beyond - Only lasted a single season, but I thought it was quite good
    Hill Street Blues
    Taxi
    Black Adder - Another BBC comedy, starring Rowan 'Mr Bean' Atkinson. 4 series, each set over a different time periods, very funny.
    Sledge Hammer! - 80's wacky copy show, taking pot shots at everything from Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry (the title role) to movies such as Witness, To Sir with Love, Robocop.
    Miami Vice - I loved this back in the eighties, seemed to bring a real 'movie' quality to TV, fantastic soundtrack.
    Hustle - Another BBC series, I don't know if it's made it to the US yet. Basically it's a very slick thriller about a team of conartists, including Robert 'Napoleon Solo' Vaughn.

Monday (and Sunday after the World Series) Night Football.

Finally, i don't now if this counts as I only saw it on DVD - Firefly
    As you can see, I spend a lot of time watching re-runs, IMO the majority of TV is absolute tat.

Leave a comment:

• In-com-plete
    replied
    The Sopranos
    Seinfeld
    Coach
    Chappelle's Show

Leave a comment:

• Chronic_Toker
    replied
    Simpsons
    Family Guy
    King of Queens
    Sportscenter

I'm a big fan of comedies, but I need my fair share of Sportscenter too.

I don't know what it is but I can watch an entire Broncos game, then watch the highlights every time they come on SC and never get tired of seeing them (that is of course if we won).

Leave a comment:

• NJBRONCOSFAN
    replied
    I thought we were coo-day-la?

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Firefly
    Deep Space Nine
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Angel
    The New Battlestar Galactica (About 1000 times better than the old one)
    Seinfeld
    Survivor
    Friends
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Freaks and Geeks
    Curb your Enthusiasm
    South Park
    The Simpsons
    Smallville
    Transformers: Generation One
    Babylon 5
    Mr. Show
    Mystery Science Theater 3000

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Law Man
    replied
    Originally posted by JWinn
    Thanks BBJ, I forgot!!! What a shmuck, huh? lol

CNN Headline News with Linda Stouffer! Actually, any reporter, lol. At least threee times a day!

Mmmm...Linda Stouffer....rrrrooooowww...I saw her the other day and thought of you Mr. Winn..

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is clearly the best TV show on, period.

For my cartoon, I would have to say "King of the Hill".

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Thanks BBJ, I forgot!!! What a shmuck, huh? lol

CNN Headline News with Linda Stouffer! Actually, any reporter, lol. At least threee times a day!

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Law Man
    replied
    My life has been reduced to ESPN News and CNN...

Leave a comment:

• spikerman
    replied
    Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
    The Simpsons
    Seinfeld
    Curb Your Enthusiasm (Crazy Eyes Killa might just be the best episode of any t.v. show i've ever seen)
    Food Network
    Discovery and National Geographic channels
    Sportscenter

I was going to give you a CP for "Curb Your Enthusiasm", but I have to spread them around.

Leave a comment:

• Rod80Smith
    replied
    Broncos TV is mine and I waould have to say when ever i can watch The Simpsons or Family Guy I watch them.

Leave a comment:

• NJBRONCOSFAN
    replied
    The Simpsons
    Seinfeld
    Curb Your Enthusiasm (Crazy Eyes Killa might just be the best episode of any t.v. show i've ever seen)
    Food Network
    Discovery and National Geographic channels
    Sportscenter

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    As someone who actually understands media commercial buying and creation, I would say that it is not the networks job to decide that certain clients don't get air time (unless it doesn't meet broadcast or FCC standards of course, or you are a privatley owned station with a specific mission and the product in question goes against that mission statement). At a corporately owned station, if a client has a legit product and is willing to spend the money to advertise on your station, they literally own that 60 seconds of air time. It would be unfair to say "well, we don;t want to take your money, only money from OTHER groups who want to try and convince kids to have their parenst buy stuff."

As far as products go, there are worse things out there to buy.

And quite frankly, the parenst still gets the decision as to where the money get spent.

I see it is as no different than advertising for toys that you may have an issue with.

A TV or radio station's primary goal it to remain profitable. Yes, its great to have a kid safe network, and the CEO can truly have that at his personal ideal. But he can't bring that fruition unless he makes money. Cold hard truth.
    Yeah, I understand that it's a business decision and that I as the parent decide where to spend the money.

But I notice that I never see those commercials anywhere else but childrens programming. They know there are lots of people who will give in to their kids demands with the figuring of its only another 20 bucks. But I didnt, and we had a long talk about it.

All that aside, if I am the GM of a network, and they come to me and want to buy airtime, I sell it to them. That's my job! I know the the network has nothing to do with the commercials, I just wish the advertisers in question would try it somewhere else than during shows my kid is watching!

Leave a comment:

• mattos
    replied
    no way i can pick a favorite. have you seen "deadliest catch" on the discovery channel? its a great documentary style show about the most dangerous job - crab fishermen in alaska (average of 1 dies per week). its on now actually (currently 8:37 est) and the new episode comes on at 9:00 est.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X