• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serenity/Firefly

FYI another screening on May 26th.

http://www.cantstopthesignal.com/

Get them before they sell out again.

*** **** it!!

I was trying to get tickets for Minneapolis and my computer froze.

By the time I rebooted, the tickets were sold out!!!!

I heard the screenings for the May 5th showing sold out in 4 hours.

Looks like this one is headed that way as well.

Comment

Man, why can't I hear about this stuff sooner? I'd buy some tickets in a heartbeat but they've been sold out both times before I heard about it.

I'm feeling sorry for myself now... Oh, and I'm sorry for you guys, too.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Well, I tried to get tickets for three different cities and they all sold out seconds before I could purchase them.

I tried Minneapolis, computer froze, after reboot, tickets were sold out.

Then I tried Kansas City, said tickets were still available, by the time I completed my registration, the tickets were sold out.

I looked at Chicago, but when I refreshed the page, the tickets were sold out.

They just need to release the damn movie already.

Clearly there is an interest.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
          Well, I tried to get tickets for three different cities and they all sold out seconds before I could purchase them.

I tried Minneapolis, computer froze, after reboot, tickets were sold out.

Then I tried Kansas City, said tickets were still available, by the time I completed my registration, the tickets were sold out.

I looked at Chicago, but when I refreshed the page, the tickets were sold out.

They just need to release the damn movie already.

Clearly there is an interest.
          That sucks, Benny. At least I didn't get my hopes up too much since they all said they were sold out before I could even try to get some. Sorry, bud.

It does suck that they've pushed it back to September. I know they didn't want to release too close to Star Wars or during the summer blockbuster season but I think they'd have enough interest to succeed just about any time they wanted to release it. And Septemember is just so freaking far away!!
          ------

Comment

^^^^ Also, there is a chance that the people that are going to see it in September are the only ones that are going to see it anyway so therefore, they might as well show it sooner.

Hopefully that's not the case though and by the time September rolls around there'll be alot more new browncoats!

Comment

I tried to convince my wife to fly to Sacramento to catch the movie but she said no.

Come on, it'd only be about $600 plus the movie tickets. Why won't she do it?
              ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                I tried to convince my wife to fly to Sacramento to catch the movie but she said no.

Come on, it'd only be about $600 plus the movie tickets. Why won't she do it?

Ha Ha

Well, I was just going to drive to Minneapolis, Kansas City or Chicago

It's anywhere between 3-6 hours to drive to those places from Des Moines.

Since the movie was at 10 and would get out after midnight, I was going to book a room in one of those cities as well.
                So travel food and lodging would have cost me a little bit of cash. All just to see a movie!!!

I've never been this excitied to see a movie before. Not since Return of the Jedi.

Comment

What is the big deal? No idea what this is. Just another movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                    What is the big deal? No idea what this is. Just another movie?
                    It's a movie based on the canceled tv show Firefly.

I'm not going to explain it all again so I'll just copy and paste from Amazon.

After you've seen all 14 episodes of Firefly contained in this smartly packaged DVD set, you'll be begging for more. The sad irony is, series creator Joss Whedon's ambitious science-fiction Western (Whedon's third series after Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel) was canceled after only eleven of these 14 produced episodes had aired on FOX, and its demise was woefully premature. Whedon's generic hybrid suffered an inaugural setback when network executives preferred an action-packed one-hour premiere ("The Train Job") over the intended two-hour pilot "Serenity" (oddly enough, the final episode aired), which provides a better introduction to the show's concept and splendid ensemble cast. Obsessive fans may debate the quirky, semi-fallible logic of combining spaceships with direct parallels to frontier America (it's 500 years in the future, and embattled humankind has expanded into the galaxy, where undeveloped "outer rim" planets struggle with the equivalent of Old West accommodations), but Whedon and his gifted co-writers and directors make it work, at least well enough to fashion a credible context from the incongruous culture-clashing of past, present, and future technologies, along with a polyglot language (the result of two dominant superpowers) that combines English with an abundance of Chinese slang.
                    What makes it work is Whedon's delightfully well-chosen cast and their nine subtly-developed characters (a typically Whedon-esque extended family), each providing a unique perspective on their adventures aboard Serenity, the junky but beloved "Firefly-class" starship they call home. As a veteran of the disadvantaged Independent faction's war against the all-powerful planetary Alliance (think of it as Underdogs vs. Overlords), Serenity captain Malcolm Reynolds (Nathan Fillion) leads his compact crew on a quest for survival. They're renegades with an amoral agenda, taking any job that pays well, but Firefly's complex tapestry of right and wrong (and peace vs. violence) is richer and deeper than it first appears. By the time we've gathered tantalizing clues about Blue Sun (an insidious mega-corporation with an as-yet mysterious agenda), its ties to the Alliance, and the traumatizing use of Serenity's resident stowaway as a guinea pig in the development of advanced warfare, it's painfully clear that Firefly was heading for exciting revelations that never came to pass. Fortunately, Whedon was developing a Firefly movie as this DVD set was being released in January 2004, so the ultimate fate of Serenity's crew remains to be seen. In the meantime, these 14 episodes (and enjoyable bonus features) offer everything you'd expect from the creator of Buffy: action, drama, humor, hints of romance, suspense, fine acting, film-quality direction, dazzling special effects, and ample proof that Fox made a glaring mistake in canceling the series. --Jeff Shannon
                    Anyway, DVD sales have been so impressive that a movie was greenlit for release this year. I'ts a damn good show and very well may be the highest rated product on Amazon.com

It was very sad when it was canceled so after news of the movie, everyone has gotten extremely excited.

Comment

It's a movie based on the canceled tv show Firefly.

I'm not going to explain it all again so I'll just copy and paste from Amazon.

Anyway, DVD sales have been so impressive that a movie was greenlit for release this year. I'ts a damn good show and very well may be the highest rated product on Amazon.com

It was very sad when it was canceled so after news of the movie, everyone has gotten extremely excited.

Hmmm, would Best Buy have this DVD package? If so, what price range? Sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                        Hmmm, would Best Buy have this DVD package? If so, what price range? Sounds interesting.

Yeah, probably.

Best Buy would probably have it at 38-40 dollars.

If your going to get it then I would suggest the Amazon route. It's only 34.99 there and plus you can opt for free shipping.

Check out some of the reviews on Amazon. It has quite a broadbase appeal.

Comment

Firefly fans?

So I'm relatively new here, but at first glance there appears to be quite a few of y'all on the board.

I regret to say I just recently hopped on the bandwagon, my girlfriend introduced me to the series and I was quite hooked.

Anyone know why it was cancelled, I know there's a movie coming out in September, but has there been talk of bringing the series back?

Comment

Hey, how's it going?

I'm a big time fan and yeah we have couple more here.

It was canceled because FOX said it didn't get enough viewers. But FOX totally doomed the show from the start. They didn't show the original pilot and opted for "The Train Job" instead. The pilot was essential in introduce the complex world and 9 central characters. The showed other episodes out of order, prempted some for sporting events and didn't advertise it all.

FOX holds the rights to the tv series and they're being ****s about not releasing them. They can hold the rights for the next 10 years. It is highly unlikely that they'll bring the series back now that The movie is being done by Universal. The best case scenairio at this point is that if the movie does well, then the actors are already signed up to do a trilogy. So spread the word and get people in those seats!!

Comment

Hey, how's it going?

I'm a big time fan and yeah we have couple more here.

It was canceled because FOX said it didn't get enough viewers. But FOX totally doomed the show from the start. They didn't show the original pilot and opted for "The Train Job" instead. The pilot was essential in introduce the complex world and 9 central characters. The showed other episodes out of order, prempted some for sporting events and didn't advertise it all.

FOX holds the rights to the tv series and they're being ****s about not releasing them. They can hold the rights for the next 10 years. It is highly unlikely that they'll bring the series back now that The movie is being done by Universal. The best case scenairio at this point is that if the movie does well, then the actors are already signed up to do a trilogy. So spread the word and get people in those seats!!

Yea the trailer looks pretty farqin' cool.
                              I'm in the process of working my way through the DVD set right now.

I guess one can always wish tho. Fox did bring back Family Guy. Maybe if the Movie is successful, and I think the DVD's have been making more bank than expected, there will be a revival attempt.

Comment

Working...
                              X