Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was The Best Concert You Have Seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Was The Best Concert You Have Seen?

This subject came up again for me on Saturday, at my house, as we celebrated Trevor graduating from High School.

As we talked of concert experiences, I was floored when I found out that my oldest sister was at the concert I always have called the best one I have ever seen. Too much! It took 30 years to discover that tidbit!

1975, Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon.

Tickets cost $5.50

I could go way overboard here telling the story of that night and show.
    I choose not to.

What was your best concert you ever saw?
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Jurassic Five

Comment

Rob Zombie concert in Tampa @ The Ice Palace in 1998.
      Metallica concert in St. Pete(neer Tampa)1/1/00.

Comment

- Depeche Mode (Tour for the masses, World violation tour & Devotional tour) at Lille

- frankie Goes To Hollywood (1987) at Lille

- The Silencers (does anyone know who they are here ?) at the Sebastopol theater...

- Lou Reed in 1992 but I was a little disapointed.. The musicians were good but the concert was boring.
        Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

1985, Knebworth Park, England - Support Acts: Big Country, Simple Minds & Status Quo. Headline Act: The incomparable Queen, in what was sadly their last gig. Absolutely fantastic.

Other notables: Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms Tour (85); Bruce Springsteen, Born in The USA tour; Extreme, Stop The World Tour; Bryan Adams, Don't Wake The Neighbours (91); Roxette, Joyride; Jean Michel Jarre, The Docklands (88) & Meatloaf (95)
          The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
          BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
          You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

The Greatful Dead

At "The Downs" (a horse racing track) in Sante Fe, New Mexico. Back in 1980, I think.

Comment

Pat Benetar

Comment

PINK FLOYD at the Oakland Coliseum on Apr 21,1994
                Rolling Stones at the Oakland Coliseum, Oct. 31, 1994 Halloween night......talk about a concert
                "Go away kid, you bother me"....W.C. Fields

Comment

Neil Young and Crazy Horse at the Starlight in KC.

Comment

Van Halen - 5150 1986 at the Cow Palace in San Francisco
                    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

TOOL 1996 Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie NY...

The Melvins opened up..they sucked...

It was a General admission show, so the strong survived...They opened with "3rd eye" and as soon as I saw heads and bodies movin', I turned into a very bad man.. ...at one point, I had a 10 foot radius around me while moshing...150 lb kids fly really well.."3rd eye" is 15 minutes long, by the second song, I fought my way up to 2 rows of bodies from the band...guess what...the 2 guys in front of me got into a fist-fight...the bouncers cleaned them out and there I was...about 8 feet from Maynard James Keenan, Justin Chancellor, Adam Jones and Danny Carey...
                      Maynard was painted light blue with hot pink dots painted on him, he had on a pair of boxers...
                      Adam Jones was painted Brown, from head to toe...he had on jeans...
                      Justin Chancellor was painted Orange, from head to toe..he also wore jeans...
                      Danny carey was painted Yellow and wore shorts...
                      They played 12 songs...3rd eye, Aenima, Prison sex, Stinkfist...all the great ones...

I got backstage and met Maynard...he is a little tiny guy...(maybe 5'5")...I stole a sign off the dressing room door when the publicist came out and told us to go home because the rest of the band wasn't coming out...
                      I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

5 years ago.....

red hot chili peppers w/ the foo fighters

one hell of a rocking show.
                        Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

As I Lay Dying in Minneapolis.

Comment

Rob Zombie/KORN in '99 or AC/DC in '01...i'd say they both rank as my fav.

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                              1985, Knebworth Park, England - Support Acts: Big Country, Simple Minds & Status Quo. Headline Act: The incomparable Queen, in what was sadly their last gig. Absolutely fantastic.

Other notables: Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms Tour (85); Bruce Springsteen, Born in The USA tour; Extreme, Stop The World Tour; Bryan Adams, Don't Wake The Neighbours (91); Roxette, Joyride; Jean Michel Jarre, The Docklands (88) & Meatloaf (95)
                              Den, where did you see JM Jarre ?
                              Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Working...
                              X