Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was The Best Concert You Have Seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jared

To be honest though, Promised Land is my fave, not the two you mentioned.....(although it is my fave by a very slight margin).
    Promised Land is one of the few albums of theirs I don't own yet, Hear in the Now and Tribe I think are the only other I don't have.

My favorite along with Operation:Mindcrime is actually The Warning. Geoff Tate's vocals are amazing on that album.

Are you familiar with Fates Warning? I love that band (probably top 5 all time), but they suck live. Very similar to QR if you haven't heard of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ProgMatinee
      Promised Land is one of the few albums of theirs I don't own yet, Hear in the Now and Tribe I think are the only other I don't have.

My favorite along with Operation:Mindcrime is actually The Warning. Geoff Tate's vocals are amazing on that album.

Are you familiar with Fates Warning? I love that band (probably top 5 all time), but they suck live. Very similar to QR if you haven't heard of them.
      I have heard of them, and yeah, they are ok.

I wondered how they would be live My impression was that they were so geeky about studio technique that I wondered how they recreate the CD live. I think I had borrowed "Parallels" in college.

I vaguely remember hearing them as a more straight forward metal band on my local college station's metal show when I was a kid. It might have been someone else.

They are alright. Not as good as Dream Theater.

Queensryche is the only 'prog' band I have seen live, and they aren't prog in the true sense. They are prog in the sense that every album is competely different themeatically and songwriting wise. (the first one is like a Maiden rip off record, where as Tribe was like nu metal, or grunge influenced rock, with some classic metal roots to it). But they don't play suites like some of the other prog bands do.

Anyway, when I have seen QR, they have blown me away.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

hey

I saw YES at Redrocks last summer. The opening act was okay, nothing special.

I just saw the ticket stub in my drawer, about 20 minutes ago.

The opening act was Dream Theater.
        - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
          I saw YES at Redrocks last summer. The opening act was okay, nothing special.

I just saw the ticket stub in my drawer, about 20 minutes ago.

The opening act was Dream Theater.

Shrug.

Dream Theater is extraordinary, IMO. They carried the torch of progrock for several years, bringing it to modern rock and metal.

I've seen them more than any other band. I saw them on the Yes tour as well(except I went to the Bud Pavillion show instead of Red Rocks). Those shows they catered to the Yes fans a little bit by playing their softer stuff...which still has an edge compared to most of Yes.

Comment

Saw "yes" many years ago and now that I think of it I remember seeing "Kanas".........My very first concert was "The Dave Clark 5" (Bits and Pieces).........Then came "Grand Funk Railroad" a little later
            Last edited by cuuda; 06-15-2005, 06:20 AM.
            "Go away kid, you bother me"....W.C. Fields

Comment

Evanescence and Cold at the Colorado State Fair a few years ago...

I loved that concert.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Woops I forgot my most obvious best concert.....Nirvana at wiliam and mary hall......
                Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

for me i havent been to any big concerets i saw swollen members that concert was not great but i think the best was with nazareth and helix

Comment

Steven Curtis Chapman
                    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                    sigpic

Comment

Eric Clapton- several times
                      Bob Segar
                      Ted Nugent
                      Joe Cocker
                      Santana
                      Doobie Brothers
                      Sly and the family Stone
                      REO
                      Lynyrd Skynyrd
                      Johnny Winters
                      Coco Montoya
                      Stevie Ray Vaughan- the best show

Comment

Michael Jackson in 87 (great entertainer!)
                        Pearl Jam at Red Rocks in 95
                        Prince last year
                        Aerosmith and G'N'R in 88
                        Bon Jovi and Cinderella in 87
                        Damn there are too many to mention! Those are the ones that definitely stick out.

Comment

Kansas @ Wichita Kansas

Comment

So....

I am asking again folks....

What was your best concert?
                            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Barbara Streisand.

LOL J/K
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I haven't been to a concert in years.......saw The Who and about 3 weeks later saw The Stones...both at Arrowhead.....both good concerts....had a blast...thats when I use to party....that was in '89....

I guess if I had to pick...I liked the Stones better...probably cause I remember that one better....also had better seats....

of course...wasn't sitting too much in our seats....oh man the memories...wish I was younger again...sometimes...
                                Last edited by KCLadyFan; 11-25-2005, 05:43 PM.
                                Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Working...
                                X