Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MasterShake
    replied
    My favorite of the new books are "Shatterpoint" and "Dark Force Rising". Another interesting EU series is Star Wars Infinities that give alternate realities of the Star Wars universe. They are graphic novels, not books, but still cool. What if Leah had joined the Dark Side?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Infinities

Leave a comment:

• sneakers
    replied
    "The courtship of Princess Leia" is by far my favorite. You should read this one after you read the Thrawn trilogy.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Den21-Bal19
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon

There is a 20 book series called The New Jedi Order of which I've only read about 10 so far. They seem really good overall.
    If you read the entire NJO , it actually links back to a novel called Rogue Planet by Greg Bear, an Anakin & Obi-wan story set between The Phantom Menace & Attack of the Clones
    Personally, I like pretty well all of the Expanded Universe novels, they've given extra depth to the original 'stars', filled out some of the seconday charecters such as Admiral Ackbar & Wedge Antilles and introduced some great new charecters such as Talon Karrde, Mara Jade & Grand Admiral Thrawn. Not too mention much more depth to races such as the Bothans & Mon Calamari. They've even managed to get away with killing an original cast member.

Continuity between the books is pretty good as well, especially considering novels are now being released in two timelines, during the prequel trilogy and I think they're now around 25 years after the original trilogy.

Hopefully George Lucas will use some of this as a basis for his 100-episode TV show.

Leave a comment:

• Bellthebest
    replied
    thanks for the info....this is pretty interesting

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by Bellthebest
    What happens after Retur Of the Jedi? accordin to the books?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...340315-5907859

Everything about all the books, including the movie adaptations.

Read and decide if you want to buy one.

Hope this helps.

(OK, oops. Not everything. But a good start!)

Leave a comment:

• Bellthebest
    replied
    What happens after Retur Of the Jedi? accordin to the books?

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by Bellthebest
    what are these books about?? do they have any major signifigance with the movies?

Not really.

They are known as the Extended Universe, among SW fans.

They fill in the gaps between the two movie trilogies, as well as going beyond "Return Of The Jedi". All approved by Lucas, just not written by him.

Leave a comment:

• Bellthebest
    replied
    what are these books about?? do they have any major signifigance with the movies?

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    The ones I've read:

Han Solo at Stars' End
    Han Solo's Revenge
    Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye
    Shadows of the Empire
    The Truce at Bakura
    The Courtship of Princess Leia
    Heir to the Empire
    Dark Force Rising
    The Last Command
    Specter of the Past
    Vision of the Future
    Jedi Search
    Dark Apprentice
    Champions of the Force
    Darksaber
    The Crystal Star
    Ambush at Corellia
    Assault at Selonia
    Showdown at Centerpoint
    Specter of the Past
    Vision of the Future

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaolin
    I've read on this board that there are some star wars books, i'havent saw it here, you who know , can u give me some imnfo please?
    Here's a list of all the Star Wars books and their chronological order:

http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/st.../timeline.html

I also recommend the Heir to the Empire trilogy by Timothy Zahn and The Truce at Bakura, as somebody else mentioned. They are tops on my list.

There is a 20 book series called The New Jedi Order of which I've only read about 10 so far. They seem really good overall.

Leave a comment:

• CGYBroncosFan
    replied
    you can probably buy them in any book store or online at www.amazon.com

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin
    replied
    Thank you all for the info.

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    I'm reading "The Last Command" right now. I got these from the Sci Fi book club years a go, but just now got to them. Pretty good, but I think they are only a year or two after "Jedi". Leia is still pregnant with her twins.

Also, Zahn did write at least one more. I saw a guy at my kids Karate class reading one of them.

There are tons of Star Wars books. I even still see them in the small book section at the grocery store. Like Star Trek books, there are hundreds of them. Any book store should have a large section, especially now.

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    The trilogy Jedi Academi is done by Kevin J. anderson, that is my second favorite set of Star Wars books after Zahns trilogy. Anderson also wrote Dark Saber which is a good read.

Shadows of the Empire by Steve Perry isn't that bad either.

Can't remember but I believe there was another series by Zahn, two books about that followed up after the Heir to the Empire trilogy. I think one was called the Hand of Thrawn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X