Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good and bad sports Commentators

Who is the best and worst?

Madden is the best, and ironically, the worst is also Madden.

Comment

Al Michaels is the best

Dave Logan is the worst.
      sigpic

Comment

Al Michaels is the best.

Harry Kalas, who calls the Phillies is right there with him. That voice is a gift from God.

"Outta Here! Home Run for Schmidt!"

He is the 'new' voice of NFL films, after Facenda's death (Ironically, ALSO a Philadelphia icon). So if you ahve seen some of the more recent vintage (the last 20 years or so) NFL Films presentations on ESPN, then you have heard Harry Kalas.

I personally dislike Madden the most.

But the worst is Myron Cope, who calls Steelers games. His voice is terrible, and half of the time, he doesn't complete thoughts. He sounds brain damaged.
        Last edited by Jared; 06-12-2005, 03:21 PM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

I always liked **** Enberg on TV and Larry Zimmer for radio.
          Locally I like Bob Davis and Max Falkenstein for KU Jayhawk sports.

Worst....Pat Summerall
          "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Ugh! I hated Dennis Miller when he did Monday Night Football for that year..He would make the stupidest comments..I remember during a Cowboy game one time, there was like 3 guys with the last name Woody, and he was like Woody, Woody, and Woody, I wonder which one has the bigger woody..The other announcers just kind of sat there, and there was an akward silence for like 15 seconds, and you could tell it made him look like a total retard..LOL..I like Dennis Miller, just NOT has an announcer..Actually I only liked him in Joe Dirt..LOL..

But, personally, I dont really like any of the announcers..I wish Shannon Sharpe would become an announcer! That would be soooo funny to listen to him announcing a game..Ahhh..I could imagine it now...LOL..

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
              Madden is the best, and ironically, the worst is also Madden.
              I would almost have to agree on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23
                Ugh! I hated Dennis Miller when he did Monday Night Football for that year..He would make the stupidest comments..I remember during a Cowboy game one time, there was like 3 guys with the last name Woody, and he was like Woody, Woody, and Woody, I wonder which one has the bigger woody..The other announcers just kind of sat there, and there was an akward silence for like 15 seconds, and you could tell it made him look like a total retard..LOL..I like Dennis Miller, just NOT has an announcer..Actually I only liked him in Joe Dirt..LOL..

But, personally, I dont really like any of the announcers..I wish Shannon Sharpe would become an announcer! That would be soooo funny to listen to him announcing a game..Ahhh..I could imagine it now...LOL..
                I'm probably one of the very few that thought Dennis Miller was hilarious. Although I only understood about 25% of what came out of his mouth, I'd still rather listen to him than Madden.

Comment

I can't stand Madden.
                  I hate theismann and mcguire, but I love the two of them together just ragging on one another...the other guy that's with them on espn..can't remember his name, I think he's great.

I also like Phil Simms a lot...I think i learn the most about the game by listening to him.

As far as baseball is concerned, I hate Michael Kay (yankees t.v. announcer) and John Sterling and Susan Waltman (yankees radio)
                  Always liked bob costas a lot...i'll always remember him being the announcer for #2ND vs. #1 FSU when ND pulled off the upset in 93 I believe...
                  I hate Tim McCarver, but not as much as I hate Joe Buck...in fact, I hate fox baseball period...with that stupid scooter baseball crap.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Best ... hmmm I guess Madden
                    Worst ... Joe Theismann and also Dennis Miller
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Im a huge Toronto Blue Jays fan and their commentator is the worst. He is horrible...he's gone after the season though thank goodness.

Comment

Theisman is the worst my god that guy can talk about anything for ever.

Comment

The Good...

John Madden
                          Keith Jackson
                          Al Michaels
                          Bob Greise
                          John Saunders
                          Lynn Swann
                          Greg Gumbel
                          Jim Nantz
                          Chris 'Boomer' Berman
                          Dan Dierdorf
                          Howie Long
                          Jill Arrington (smokin' hot)

The Bad...

Terry Bowden
                          Dan Fouts
                          Brent Mussburger
                          **** Vitale
                          Joe Buck
                          **** Enberg
                          Bob Costas
                          Phil Simms

The Ugly... (not looks, but worse than bad)

Bill Walton ("Throw it down, big man!"...I'm like 'Somebody throw him down!')
                          Terry Bradshaw (funny, kinda like him, but bad announcer)
                          Joe Theismann
                          Chris Collinsworth

Comment

Al Michaels is my favorite.

all the others are retarded

Comment

What's up w/the Al Michaels love fest? I can't stand the guy. He tries to be cerebral, but he's not. Dude, it's a game, not an analysis of economic fluctuations. Show some emotion!

PS. How long are you going to live off of "Do you believe in miracles? YES!"?

CBS's lead football crew is the best, followed by ESPN's.

Comment

Working...
                              X