Good and bad sports Commentators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sevenis7
    What's up w/the Al Michaels love fest? I can't stand the guy. He tries to be cerebral, but he's not. Dude, it's a game, not an analysis of economic fluctuations. Show some emotion!

PS. How long are you going to live off of "Do you believe in miracles? YES!"?

CBS's lead football crew is the best, followed by ESPN's.

Al Michaels is currently the most respected American sports broadcaster living.

He has the awards and the accolades of his peers to back it up.

If you think he is bad now, asking him to deliver in a way counter to his personality would sound terrible.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
      If you think he is bad now, asking him to deliver in a way counter to his personality would sound terrible.
      I'm not asking him to change. I'm just stating that IMO he's 1) boring, 2) got his "accolades and the respect of his peers" from one single event (ie, 1980 Winter Olympics), and 3) tries to make himself seem more intelligent by often bringing in current events into his commentaries.

I think great play-by play announcers like Chick Hearn (LA Lakers) and Johnny Most (Celtics) are remembered for showing emotion in their broadcasts, something that Michaels lacks IMO. Try watching a soccer game in English and then switch to the same game shown on one of the Spanish channels. It's a world of difference! Why? Because the Spanish announcers really get into the game and show lots of emotion. I want a play-by-play man to act more like a fan and less like a newscaster.

Comment

Best:

Madden
        Michaels
        Chris Berman
        Jim Nantz/Phil Simms
        Dave Logan

Worst:

Any FOX team
        ESPN Sunday Night Football Crew
        My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

I would really like to see Berman and Tom Jackson do a live on location version of NFL Primetime leading into them calling the ESPN Sunday night game.
          I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

Working...
          X