Batman Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rcsodak
    Where'd you get the critique from dk? Is there more on it, or was that the entire jest?
    What?
    Are you implying that I didn't write that?

It took me a long time but being a huge Batman fan, it wasn't difficult.

You do know that The Dark Knight = Batman right?

Whatever.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Speaking of Batman, I picked up this book the other day I thought I might share.

It's The Batman Handbook: The Ultimate Training Manual. This book will teach you everything you need know to be Batman. From jumping off tall buildings to excuting backflips to resisting a posion gas attack, all the fundmentals are here to being your very own Dark Knight. It's one of the funniest books I've ever read. The reason it's so funny is because it's written very seriously. I find it hard to keep a straight face when I'm reading about bullet proofing my very own Batmobile or extracting a confession from a "goon".
      Last edited by The Dark Knight; 07-16-2005, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
        Prince didn't actually write the soundtrack to the first Batman movie. Danny Elfman did. And given Tim Burtons trademark "goth with hints of camp" feel in all of his movies, I thought Elfman's score fit pretty well.

Prince did songs 'inspired by' the movie. He is such a weird dude. I thought only one tune mande the movie.

Maybe I am wrong, I haven't seen the darn thing in 16 years.

Prince did a whole album for the movie.

He had a contract with Warner Brothers and they basically forced him to do it. In retaliation, Prince changed his name into a symbol. It was to spite Warner Brothers somehow but I can't remember exactly why.

Comment

Originally posted by Uula Bear
          I just came from a midnight screening of the new Batman movie. It was deffenetly not cartoonish, more of a darker version of the dark knight. Not for the kids who scare easily. It was by far the best batman movie since the last one j/k it blows the others out of the water. If your a fan of great movies then you'll want to see this one.
          Yea, my friend saw it and he said it was kinda creepy how Batman talked. I played the game and his voice scares me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
            Prince did a whole album for the movie.

He had a contract with Warner Brothers and they basically forced him to do it. In retaliation, Prince changed his name into a symbol. It was to spite Warner Brothers somehow but I can't remember exactly why.

Oh, I do remember where he wrote 'slave' on his face.

I thought that it was dispute over ownership of masters, and hence, royalties. He changed his name because a lawyer advised him that if he did so, the old contract as written coul dnot be enforced. It was only enforced on albums relased by the artist known as Prince. So, if he wasn't known as Prince, he coudl do whatever he wanted. He did. As soon as the publishing deal expired, he returned to the Prince moniker.

On June 7th, 1993 (his 35th birthday), Prince announced that he would change his name to an unpronounceable symbol. The glyph incorporates the male and female signs along with the alchemy symbol for soapstone.

The usual ASCII representation of the symbol is:

O ( + >

That's a capital "o," open parenthesis, plus sign, and greater-than sign.

However, on May 16th, 2000 Prince announced that he would resume using his former name, because his final contract with Time Warner (i.e., his publishing contract with Warner-Chappel) had expired. It seems that he will continue to use the symbol as a logo, however.

So now I gues he can be called the artist formerly known as "the artist formerly known as Prince"?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
            X