The Longest Yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Longest Yard

I just saw it with a couple of friends. It was a real good football movie with a bunch of laughs. Adam Sandler isn't anywher near where he was in waterboy (thank god) The big climax, which is the big game, was well shot. I recomend seeing it. Chris Rock was very funny. Adam Sandler did a good job acting. Burt Renolds was.... ok I guess, I really didn't think that he needed to be in there but yeah. Romo, looked buff (I wonder why?) Micheal Erving acutally did a pretty good job acting. Thers more, but yea.

Overall grade: B
    Last edited by Battlex; 05-27-2005, 10:26 PM.

I'm looking forward to seeing it

Comment

I can't wait to see it.

Comment

Should be a good movies, Reynolds was in it as a nod to him, since he starred in the original, which is still a pretty good movie.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
          Should be a good movies, Reynolds was in it as a nod to him, since he starred in the original, which is still a pretty good movie.
          Yeah but the new one sounds alot better. Any it sure is nice to have a original actor in the remake.

Comment

Decent movie, some good laughs. But a lot of cheesy acting, Reynolds was really guilty of it. Brian friggin Bosworth is in it, he's a guard that is usually hanging around Romo.

The funniest part would have to be when they switched a guard's bottle of anabolic steroids with estrogen.

Comment

Yeah, it was okay...I liked it...

However, I didn't think Romo had to act too much since he's already an S.O.B.
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I just saw it, and I loved it.

Great movie
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I saw it pretty good movie....awesome hits and is funny but real bad acting with the huge muscley guys and how they kept talking about Goldbergs johson? pretty weird. I recommend seeing it tho.
                  Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
                    The funniest part would have to be when they switched a guard's bottle of anabolic steroids with estrogen.
                    It took me a while to realize, but it was Kevin Nash. Wolfpac/NWO for life! LOL.

Yeah, I wonder how Romo liked working with a bunch of black guys, since he's a racist and all.

Comment

I thought it was a bit risky to have Chris Rock say that thing about OJ and Stone Cold saying stuff to Nelly. It was suppose to a pg-13 movie right?
                      Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

The Longest Yard

Did any of you guys go see the new The Longest Yard? I just got back from it, and damn, it was great. It has a great all-star cast with Romo, Irvin, Nelly, Chris Rock and a bunch of wrestlers. Man, I just think that the movie was great. It is getting me ready for some football now. What did you guys think of The Longest Yard?
                        sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen it yet, but I merged another Longest Yard thread (Just so ya know. )

Comment

I really liked it. I thought it was real funny and I think people like it more than the original because it is more modern. Like, the dress styles, and words they use and some terms.

but overall, i thoought it was a great movie.
                            Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

Originally posted by Bellthebest
                              I really liked it. I thought it was real funny and I think people like it more than the original because it is more modern. Like, the dress styles, and words they use and some terms.

but overall, i thoought it was a great movie.
                              That is one of the reason's I like it better. Also, I know most of the characters in the new one, unlike the old one.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X