Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Cruise is a nut job

Cruise Clashes With Lauer on 'Today' Show

NEW YORK (June 24) - Tom Cruise criticized NBC "Today" show host Matt Lauer on Friday when Lauer mentioned Cruise's earlier criticism of Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants. Cruise told Lauer he didn't know what he was talking about. "You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do," Cruise said.

The interview became more heated when Lauer, who said he knew people who had been helped by the attention-deficit disorder drug Ritalin, asked Cruise about the effects of the drug.

"Matt, Matt, you don't even - you're glib," Cruise responded. "You don't even know what Ritalin is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Matt, OK. That's what I've done."

So now he knows more than doctors about clinical depression? An actor who barely passed high school?

Hmm...bad actor, cult member, and now confrontational?

Just come out of the closet Tom. Really. Its ok. They don't shun gays in Hollwyood anymore. You'd be hip, man. Then you'd be at peace.
    Last edited by Jared; 06-25-2005, 12:51 AM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Tom Cruise is a Deuschebag, and so i start my rant

Tom Cruise, former hollywood star (yes thats right, he is not even a shadow of his old self anymore, not that his old self deserves merit either), has a blatant disregard for what comes out of his mouth. He linches on to the beautiful (but still god forsaken actress) , katie holmes, to prove his heterosexuality, when he is so far in the closet that he has setup a tent there, and made nice with the linen jackets.

Secondly, his acts, from jumping around all over Oprah, to this incident with Lauer, proves that he is a pimple on the face of american society, catching up with Michael Moore, and MTV. His comments on brooke shields habits of coping with depression, stating that converting to scientology would be a better option that resorting to antidepressents, make it even more obvious. What next Tom, you want people to treat schizophrenia with mineral water?

Another point to his deuschebaginess, his huge ego. When did Tommy Boy become a psyciatrist, as well as a bad actor, and a cultish freak? Oh, and apparently low SAT scores have nothing to do with the fact that the government doesn't contribute enough to education; it's just all the bad psychiatrists' fault. is this guy serious? blaming low SAT scores on psychiatry? i suppose gangs and teenage sex and STDs are psychiatry's fault as well. he's worse than madonna with her kabbalah.

For now, before i start to digress, i leave you with this statement, Tom Cruise is a Deuschebag, a hypocretical, nonsense, Hubbard loving, homosexuality denying...deuschebag.
    Last edited by OrangePeel; 06-25-2005, 03:50 AM.
    Blet

Comment

I hope that war of the worlds sucks.
      visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Comment

most likely will, im not holding my breath, but a part of me wants it to be good because of my love for the book, as well as many wells classics.
        Last edited by OrangePeel; 06-25-2005, 08:50 AM.
        Blet

Comment

I happen to like Tom Cruise... so what if he is crazy, I'm a little crazy and most people like me...

SIDENOTE:
          Tom grow up about 45 minutes from my house... I didnt think anyone could actually "make it" come from this craphole...
          ---IZAAK

Comment

I agree with the "nut job" opinion. His off screen antics have over shadowed his talent.
            Pat Tillman
            Nov. 6,1976- April 23,2004
            Some gave all

Comment

I'm not against religion of any kind ....don't jump on me....but I think he has been overly influence by "Scientology".........I think Ron Hubbard, who was an author at first, once was quoted either in Time or Newsweek, as saying the best way to get rich nowadays(1948?) was to start your own religion, which he did......don't really think it falls under the cat. of religion, more of a following or cult.......
              "Go away kid, you bother me"....W.C. Fields

Comment

Originally posted by PT40
                I agree with the "nut job" opinion. His off screen antics have over shadowed his talent.

This is a more accurate statement of what I was trying to say.

I perhaps was overzealous in my description of him as a nut job.

But I do feel that he is not in the news for being an actor anymore.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

Boy ppl are getting under his skin. First ppl threw water on him, and he *****ed them out on t.v, and now this!

Comment

Cruise is a moron. I am SO sick of seeing his ugly mug all over the T.V. WHO CARES!>>!>!??!!

If you look at him, you'll notice he has one tooth right in the middle. Ever since I noticed that, it's hilarious to look at him. =p

Regardless, he is a ******, a douchimus maximus. A totally out of control jackass.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                      Cruise is a moron. I am SO sick of seeing his ugly mug all over the T.V. WHO CARES!>>!>!??!!

If you look at him, you'll notice he has one tooth right in the middle. Ever since I noticed that, it's hilarious to look at him. =p

Regardless, he is a ******, a douchimus maximus. A totally out of control jackass.
                      But TopGun was sure good..........

Comment

Wow. Cruise is acting like an idiot lately.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                        2. Taxes
                        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
                          Wow. Cruise is acting like an idiot lately.
                          Well if someone sprayed water on you would you be mad? lol prolly not heh

Comment

Yes, Cruise's antics of late have been a bit bizarre; however, I got to agree w/him on the whole Ritalin thing. It's scary how arbitrary the diagnosis of ADD is. ADD is NOT a "disease" just like Alcholism isn't a disease. We live in a society where personal responsibility has gone right out the window. While these diagnoses may soothe the consciences of the "afflicted" (It is, after all, not their fault that they don't pay attention, can't stop drinking, etc.), it also doesn't allow them to ever get "cured" (It's just a condition that they'll have to live with). THAT'S what Cruise was arguing on the "Xtra" interview: "Diseases" w/o cures are for the benefit of the pharmaceutical companies manufacturing drugs that allow you to "cope" but that never really cause the "disease" to go away. Paying attention is a LEARNED behavior. Drinking alcohol is a LEARNED behavior. Put the responibilty back on the individual. They have the power to change their own lives IF they're willing to do so.

Comment

If you guys do the research on ritilan you would be worried.

You know what all of the school shootings in the late 80's and 90's have in common?

Ritilan and antidepressents. It does not take rocket scientest to 1+1=2.

Comment

Working...
                              X