Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live 8 this weekend, anyone going?

http://www.live8live.com/theconcerts/index.shtml

Just wondering if anyone is attending any of the concerts?

i was thinking of going but being the weekend of 4th of july im going to be working(grocery store)

Comment

I really wish I could go to the London concert. It's got the best line-up in my opinion. And I would go to the Philadelphia concert if I still lived there.
      A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

I am kicking myself in the ass for taking my vactaion already.

I had ORIGINALLY scheduled it to include July 4.

Damn it.

My hometown is 50 miles away from Philly.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Im kickin myself for not getting tickets and missing Jay Z

Comment

Nope. I have Bucs.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeShadow
              Im kickin myself for not getting tickets and missing Jay Z

It's a free concert.

Why do you need tickets?

Comment

I think both VH1 and MTV will be showing it

Comment

Yeah, it's on but i'm not watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                    It's a free concert.

Why do you need tickets?
                    So they dont go over crowd limits. Philly was one of the best, in terms of capacity, as was Berlin. They had tons of space so getting tickets wouldnt have been a problem. But places like Londons Hyde park there isnt much room, so there was a large lottery for the tickets. You would text a number and they did a drawing for tickets, of those who sent in a text message, and those who got messages back won the tickets.
                    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                    Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                      So they dont go over crowd limits. Philly was one of the best, in terms of capacity, as was Berlin. They had tons of space so getting tickets wouldnt have been a problem. But places like Londons Hyde park there isnt much room, so there was a large lottery for the tickets. You would text a number and they did a drawing for tickets, of those who sent in a text message, and those who got messages back won the tickets.

Oh. I just figured an outdoor venue (truly outdoor, not a stadium) would have no need for tickets.

I am not familiar with Hyde Park (I mean, I have heard of it, just as I have hear dof many famous landmarks around the world), I didn't realize it was an enclosed park, or will be for the show.

Comment

....Other than the bazzillion commercials!

I thought it was pretty cool 8 hours of rock and roll!

Comment

MTV's coverage sucked!! They interrupt or talk during good tunes. And the commercials were too much. I have the 85' Live Aid on VHS and the only commercials were during set changes and they played entire sets of the popular bands at the time. How the hell do you cut off Pink Floyd during the solo of Comfortably Numb?!! MTV sucks nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by JoviBronco
                            I thought it was pretty cool 8 hours of rock and roll!

I thought it was horrible.

I got 5 minutes in, and realized they were not going to play whole tunes/set or cover it like Live Aid was covered. I mean, crap, hwo to you cut off Stevie Wonder? Much less in the middle of "Signed, Sealed, Delivered"? He rarely performs nowdays. And to cut to Destiny's Child from "earlier today?"

I mean, half the artists showed 'earlier today.'

One Paul McCartney tune? That's criminal.

Viacom really missed an opportunity here to put their money where their mouth was. But they would rather have all of those commerials and VJ's.

UGH.

If anyone taped or DVR'd their pay per view feed, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51
                              MTV's coverage sucked!! They interrupt or talk during good tunes. And the commercials were too much. I have the 85' Live Aid on VHS and the only commercials were during set changes and they played entire sets of the popular bands at the time. How the hell do you cut off Pink Floyd during the solo of Comfortably Numb?!! MTV sucks nowadays.
                              I agree, wayyy too many interuptions!! But it's the best they have had on MTV in ages. VH1 was showing the same broadcast. I really liked the Madonna part, they had a girl who survived..she was almost dead during the last Live 8.

Comment

Working...
                              X