No announcement yet.

Live 8 this weekend, anyone going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually they ended with Paul McCartney and Hey Jude, seems the commercials eased up abit after about 5 hours........yes it was painful to watch at times due to interuptions, still I was glad to be able to see it.
    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 07-02-2005, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Quote of the day from random fan concerning Velvet Revolver:

How refreshing...A real rock band hidden amongst tons of Pre packaged bull**** and talentless flavors of the day...I can barely believe my eyes...

I did enjoy Bon Jovi and Pink Floyd(eventhough I'm not a fan and they did cut away)

I really didn't watch too much...MTV and the on air talent make me want to PUKE.
      "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkBronco
        I really didn't watch too much...MTV and the on air talent make me want to PUKE.
        You should've watched it on aolmusic.com. There were no commercials, and you could watch each show separately. Then again, I have a cable connection, which makes stuff like that run smooth and sound good.

Pink Floyd was definitely the highlight of the day. It was like they'd never broken up at all.

The best performance goes to Green Day in their rendition of "We are the Champions."
        A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
          You should've watched it on aolmusic.com. There were no commercials, and you could watch each show separately. Then again, I have a cable connection, which makes stuff like that run smooth and sound good.

Pink Floyd was definitely the highlight of the day. It was like they'd never broken up at all.

The best performance goes to Green Day in their rendition of "We are the Champions."
          I really......really enjoyed Green Day!! And Pink Floyd of course was awesome

Comment

Missed it, spent 9 hours driving to the shore for the 4th of July weekend.

thought some of the line up looked good from what I read
            The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

thankfully we just got the sattelite feed from the international shows. No serious interruptions apart from long pauses. I stuck with the philly show mainly, they had one of the best line ups of the day. Was cool to see Jazzy Jeff and the fresh prince back together again, that doesn't happen to often these days. I do feel alot of these concert performers, were a little phoney though. If they really wanted to help, why didn't they get out their check books and sign over 10 grand each, wouldn't have harmed them. I would hate to think how much this cost Geldof to arrange and put on, even assuming he got some breaks in the cost, something like this doesnt come cheap or easy, you could tell by the end of the night he was exhausted. Shame to hear the Stevie Wonder show was cut off for some people, it was pretty awesome. Wasn't impressed when he fell off his chair, and all the guy from maroon 5 could do is stand there looking while also taking cheers from the crowd.
              "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
              Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                --- when i tuned in, Pink Floyd was on stage performing one of my favorites, "Comfortably Numb" --- to my dismay, young "VJs", who weren't even born when these Legends began roaming the Earth, these kids kept yapping and yipping away, stepping all over the ending of "Numb" --- disgusted, i turned off the telly --- az
                Yeah, I heard they actually cut to the commercial break in the middle of David Gilmour's guitar solo. I got to enjoy it since I was watching online. My heart goes out to the millions of Pink Floyd fans who had to endure the wrath of MTV.
                A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                  thankfully we just got the sattelite feed from the international shows. No serious interruptions apart from long pauses.
                  Yes, that's what some people I know overseas said, we in the U.S. were swamped with commercials and interviews The only reason I said before it's the best thing they have had on MTV/VH1 in a long time is that they actually had music for a change .............inbetween interuptions

Comment

http://www.mtv.com

MTV, VH1 To Air Live 8 Performances Uninterrupted

Ten hours will be broadcast commercial-free on Saturday.
                    Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong performs at Berlin's Live 8 concert
                    Photo: JOHANNES EISELE/AFP/Getty Images
                    Your parents might not listen, your teachers might not listen, but MTV, apparently, listens.

Responding to viewers and critics, MTV Networks has announced that it will broadcast 10 hours of Live 8 performance footage — including sets

from Jay-Z, U2, Paul McCartney and others — commercial-free on MTV and VH1.

MTV and VH1 will each offer five hours of uninterrupted performance footage with differing artist lineups on Saturday. VH1 will air its Live 8 highlights from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, while MTV's batch of highlights will roll out from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.

"At MTV and VH1, we're in a constant and candid dialogue with our audience, and in the wake of the live events last Saturday, our viewers have resoundingly told us online they want to see full-set performances from their favorite artists," MTV Networks Music Group President Van Toffler said of the move. "As a result of viewer demand and thanks to the Live 8 organizers and performers, MTV and VH1 will air 10 consecutive hours from one of the most important musical events of our time."

MTV has also announced plans to roll out a half-hour special on the issues behind the Live 8 event on Friday at 9 p.m. ET. "Live 8: Next Steps" will re-air at 8 p.m. on Saturday immediately following the Live 8 highlights.
                    Live 8 London: Madonna, Snoop, U2, Coldplay
                    Live 8 Philadelphia: Destiny's Child, Dave Matthews, Kanye West
                    Live 8 Around The World: Shakira, Audioslave, Good Charlotte, Green Day

Both MTV and VH1 will air performances by U2, Pink Floyd, Orchestra Baobab, Coldplay and Sir Paul McCartney. MTV's coverage will also include performances by Linkin Park, Jay-Z, the Killers, Kanye West and Green Day, while VH1's coverage will add Rob Thomas, Dave Matthews Band, Sting and Maroon 5 to the mix. Viewers can also expect to see performances by Destiny's Child, Madonna, Dido, R.E.M., Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Good Charlotte, Audioslave, Mariah Carey, Robbie Williams and the Who, among others.

Get involved: Learn about the poverty crisis in Africa, the proposed solutions, and how you can help. Plus find all of our coverage of the international Live 8 concerts and more at our thinkMTV Live 8 hub.

— MTV News staff report

Comment

Originally posted by JoviBronco
                      http://www.mtv.com

MTV, VH1 To Air Live 8 Performances Uninterrupted

Ten hours will be broadcast commercial-free on Saturday.
                      Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong performs at Berlin's Live 8 concert
                      Photo: JOHANNES EISELE/AFP/Getty Images
                      Your parents might not listen, your teachers might not listen, but MTV, apparently, listens.

Responding to viewers and critics, MTV Networks has announced that it will broadcast 10 hours of Live 8 performance footage — including sets

from Jay-Z, U2, Paul McCartney and others — commercial-free on MTV and VH1.

MTV and VH1 will each offer five hours of uninterrupted performance footage with differing artist lineups on Saturday. VH1 will air its Live 8 highlights from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, while MTV's batch of highlights will roll out from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.

"At MTV and VH1, we're in a constant and candid dialogue with our audience, and in the wake of the live events last Saturday, our viewers have resoundingly told us online they want to see full-set performances from their favorite artists," MTV Networks Music Group President Van Toffler said of the move. "As a result of viewer demand and thanks to the Live 8 organizers and performers, MTV and VH1 will air 10 consecutive hours from one of the most important musical events of our time."

MTV has also announced plans to roll out a half-hour special on the issues behind the Live 8 event on Friday at 9 p.m. ET. "Live 8: Next Steps" will re-air at 8 p.m. on Saturday immediately following the Live 8 highlights.
                      Live 8 London: Madonna, Snoop, U2, Coldplay
                      Live 8 Philadelphia: Destiny's Child, Dave Matthews, Kanye West
                      Live 8 Around The World: Shakira, Audioslave, Good Charlotte, Green Day

Both MTV and VH1 will air performances by U2, Pink Floyd, Orchestra Baobab, Coldplay and Sir Paul McCartney. MTV's coverage will also include performances by Linkin Park, Jay-Z, the Killers, Kanye West and Green Day, while VH1's coverage will add Rob Thomas, Dave Matthews Band, Sting and Maroon 5 to the mix. Viewers can also expect to see performances by Destiny's Child, Madonna, Dido, R.E.M., Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Good Charlotte, Audioslave, Mariah Carey, Robbie Williams and the Who, among others.

Get involved: Learn about the poverty crisis in Africa, the proposed solutions, and how you can help. Plus find all of our coverage of the international Live 8 concerts and more at our thinkMTV Live 8 hub.

— MTV News staff report

THANK GOODNESS. I am sure they were getting kicked in the teeth in the emails they received. I can't understand how they didn't anticipate that peopel wouldn;t wnat to see the show uninterrupted.

I did notice that they do not say that there will be no VJ banter in between sets. I suppose I can live with that.

Well, time to program the VCR.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                      X