War of the Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War of the Worlds

Just got back from seeing this. It was a pretty good movie. The special effects were incredible. Dakota Fanning, the little girl, is a damn good actress. If you like sci Fi, go see this.

Originally posted by BlueDevilsDB
    Just got back from seeing this. It was a pretty good movie. The special effects were incredible. Dakota Fanning, the little girl, is a damn good actress. If you like sci Fi, go see this.

Dakota Fanning shouldn't even be IN this movie, if you have read the book.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
      I have read the original. Obviously, the movie was very modernized. I was just saying she was really good it in.

Comment

i read the book and i don't remember dakota fanning . . . . . then again it was one of those little tiny (4 in by 4 in) kids versions that has a picture every other page and about 3 lines of text on the others. man those were great. all i remember though is that at some point some dude finds some abandoned alien thingys. at least, thats what it looked like was happening in the picture.
        sigpic
        go broncos
        share the sidewalk
        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
          i read the book and i don't remember dakota fanning . . . . . then again it was one of those little tiny (4 in by 4 in) kids versions that has a picture every other page and about 3 lines of text on the others. man those were great. all i remember though is that at some point some dude finds some abandoned alien thingys. at least, thats what it looked like was happening in the picture.
          No, I mean, there is no daughter for the narrator/protagonist.

I wasn't interested in seeing it anyway, but I'll probably have to rent it when my wife returns. She might like it.

Comment

No, I mean, there is no daughter for the narrator/protagonist.

I wasn't interested in seeing it anyway, but I'll probably have to rent it when my wife returns. She might like it.
            yo jared have u dicided if u sre going to go see may and walsh just wondering

sig made by releasethebeast7
            super bowl here we come

Comment

Originally posted by broncomaniac255
              yo jared have u dicided if u sre going to go see may and walsh just wondering
              Well, I would like to. I have some other thinsg I have to get done first, and my sister in law is supposed to come up in two weekends.

I have to see where they will be. Its busy being a single parent. I'll let you know.

Comment

Well, I would like to. I have some other thinsg I have to get done first, and my sister in law is supposed to come up in two weekends.

I have to see where they will be. Its busy being a single parent. I'll let you know.
                was just wondering when is your wife off duty

super bowl here we come

Comment

was just wondering when is your wife off duty
                  She is supposed to get back in late August.

Comment

well thats coolwhen did she leave

super bowl here we come

Comment

well thats coolwhen did she leave

February.

PM me. We are getting off topic.

Comment

yeah just a little srry guys

super bowl here we come

Comment

I just saw it last night and i thought it was pretty good. Some parts were weird while others dragged on and the end was a bit rushed. I thought Fanning was very annyoing in the movie doing nothing but cry and cry. The son was a good actor i thought. Toms character was good but a bit strange. I loved the military parts. Special Effects were cool. It also made me wonder what if this really were to happen and how people would react. In the movie it was mass panic. Not a bad movie tho.
                          Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilsDB
                            Dakota Fanning is a great actress. I loved her in the one with Denzel Washington and she gets kidnapped(can't remember the title). But I don't think I will see War of the Worlds because the corny Tom Cruise. He is a loser.

Comment

i'd recommend that you take the opportunity to see it in theaters. its pretty amazing

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER BELOW!

i loved the scene where they were walking through the forest after the boat got owned, and clothing was raining down. that was good cinematography

but i didn't much care for the family aspect of the ending - that boy should have been cooked to a crisp.

END SPOILERS
                              sigpic
                              go broncos
                              share the sidewalk
                              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Working...
                              X