War of the Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattos
    i'd recommend that you take the opportunity to see it in theaters. its pretty amazing

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER BELOW!

i loved the scene where they were walking through the forest after the boat got owned, and clothing was raining down. that was good cinematography

but i didn't much care for the family aspect of the ending - that boy should have been cooked to a crisp.

END SPOILERS
    I just saw it today and boy was I amazed.

Spielberg did an awesome rendition of the book and original film. It stayed true to it in many aspect. I really lied the way that Spielberg's Alien looked. That arm it had was freaky. I also like how they had Morgan Freeman as Narrator. Just the way he narrates .... WOW.

My favorite scene is in the basement were the Aliens are hopping around the basement checking it out. Another favorite is at the end where the Aliens' hand comes out of the spaceship as it dies.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

The best scene in the entire movie, and just a freaking awesome scene in filming in general, is the one where *spoilers*

They're all at the docks trying to get on the boat when suddenly trees start snapping and cracking in half. They all look behind them and you can see the tripods coming over the hill. Their huge beam-lights turn on and then horrible, scary-ass horn begins to blare. Then people just start to go crazy.

*** End ***

One of the best scenes in filming in general, IMO. That scene actually scared the crap out of me.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
      - Carl Sagan

Comment

BTW, if there is one reason to see this movie in theatres is the SOUND. Holy crap the sound is so amazing you'll feel like you're actually there. I just wish I had some awesome speaker-setup at my house so I could get the same feeling.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
        - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by mattos

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER BELOW!

i loved the scene where they were walking through the forest after the boat got owned, and clothing was raining down. that was good cinematography

but i didn't much care for the family aspect of the ending - that boy should have been cooked to a crisp.

END SPOILERS

whoever reads this and hasnt seen the movie yet you just ruined it.

this movie was awsome. alot of action and amazing special affects. lol I want to see it again.

if anyone is planning of renting this movie......... I recomend you see it in theaters.

the sound is kinda loud and stuff and may only be good in theaters. plus theaters are cool.
          sigpic

Comment

Me, the wife and 12 yr old saw it today.
            None of us were exactly thrilled with it.
            Plus the ending sucked.
            It's almost like they started running out of film, so they decided "OK, that's a wrap!"

I would rather have spent the $25 elsewhere......
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Well, I must agree with whoever said it wasn't all that great.

I mean, I liked it and all, but Spielburg really hasn't dazzled me since Minority Report or Saving Private Ryan.

There weren't enough shots of battle action, the entire movie is just one big "let's all run and then run some more...and then they just die by themselves"

I haven't read the book or anything so I don't know the original story, but if what you guys say is true then why the hell is H.G. Wells original such an awesome peice of work in the first place? Probably just because he wrote it in 1897....

Dakota Fanning is a phenomenal actress, and while she was a tad bit annoying at parts, she can handle pretty much any role given to her...

The movie would have been like 10 times better if there was more scenes that actually showed us fighting back, instead of just the ONE on the hill where Robbie should have died but some how he amazingly escaped the massive fireball.

And then....for the ending and how they were destroyed, I just say: What the f...?

It felt like they just said: "you know what? i don't want to make this anymore, lets have this be how they die off...."

And I liked Spielburg's alian too, the way it looked and stuff....the first time I saw it back in the late 90s in Independence Day....

Sheesh...

Yeah, but it was still okay...
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
              X