Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap-- AC/DC
    Sleep Dirt - Frank Zappa (from the album of the same name, 1979)
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
      I'm a huge Sabbath w/Ozzy years fan and Technical Ecstasy is definitely a strange album...let's kick it back to VH and what I think is the Roth era's strangest album

Dirty Movies - Van Halen (from the 1981 album Fair Warning)
      Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
      ^^^ Fair Warning was always my favorite with "Unchained" and "Hear about it later"
      Agreed, Sophia, those were the real "hits" off that record, and HAIL in particular is a VH masterpiece, in the top five in terms of his guitar playing (I used to listen to it over and over again), but I have to agree with Dennis that the album overall has a dark, weird tone different from the other records, missing a lighter hit, and what the heck was "Sunday Afternoon in the Park" ?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Sleep Dirt - Frank Zappa (from the album of the same name, 1979)
        Talking In Your Sleep
        Artist: The Romantics
        Album: In Heat
        Released: 1983

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
          Agreed, Sophia, those were the real "hits" off that record, and HAIL in particular is a VH masterpiece, in the top five in terms of his guitar playing (I used to listen to it over and over again), but I have to agree with Dennis that the album overall has a dark, weird tone different from the other records, missing a lighter hit, and what the heck was "Sunday Afternoon in the Park" ?
          My fave track off Fair Warning has always been "So This is Love?". I remember when the album came out (back in the days when MTV actually played music vids) there was a fun live recording of the song recorded at the Oakland Arena that got a lot of play. As far as "Sunday Afternoon in the Park" goes, I think it's cool that they put something so out of their box on the album...they should have released another album under an alias full of tracks like Sunday Afternoon

Comment

Talking In Your Sleep
            Artist: The Romantics
            Album: In Heat
            Released: 1983
            The Talking Drum - King Crimson (off the 1973 album, "Larks Tongues in Aspic")

Comment

The Talking Drum - King Crimson (off the 1973 album, "Larks Tongues in Aspic")
              Some Candy Talking - The Jesus and Mary Chain

@LM and Dennis.1960 you guys have put in the mood to listen to that whole album again. I thought I was the only one who played "Hear about it later" over and over, it's still on a few of my playlists ... "So this is love" was always another favorite of mine, but I remember playing that cassette over and over as a kid...
              sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                Some Candy Talking - The Jesus and Mary Chain

@LM and Dennis.1960 you guys have put in the mood to listen to that whole album again. I thought I was the only one who played "Hear about it later" over and over, it's still on a few of my playlists ... "So this is love" was always another favorite of mine, but I remember playing that cassette over and over as a kid...
                Cassettes.... those were the days, lots of rewinding and fast-forwarding guesswork to get to songs you wanted to hear, accidentally leaving them near a magnet so their sound got warbled (or when they got old), or when they got tangled inside players and then I'd have take the cassette apart with a tiny screwdriver, cut out the badly mangled part and splice the ends with scotch tape. And record stores charged full price for cassette formats of new releases, same as for a vinyl LP ...it's just unfathomable now. But I bought maybe a 100 of those damn things anyway when I should have bought everything on vinyl! Oh well.

Everybody Wants Some!!
                Artist: Van Halen
                Album: Women and Children First (which I had on cassette)
                Released: 1980

Comment

But I bought maybe a 100 of those damn things anyway when I should have bought everything on vinyl! Oh well.

Everybody Wants Some!!
                  Artist: Van Halen
                  Album: Women and Children First (which I had on cassette)
                  Released: 1980
                  Same here! What's worse is I also had an 8 track player at home so bought a few albums on that monstrosity as well :doh: For any who never experienced the wonder of 8 track, rather than cassette or vinyl where the album is planned to be broken up into 2 halves, on 8 track the album is chopped into 4 sections. Most of my buying back then was progressive rock which of course had a lot of 10+ minute songs. I'd be listening to my newest 8 track King Crimson album and all of the sudden in the middle of the song it would quickly fade out...the machine makes this noisy chunking sound...then the song fades back in

Gimme Some Money - Spinal Tap (from the 'Black album', 1984's Smell the Glove )

Comment

Same here! What's worse is I also had an 8 track player at home so bought a few albums on that monstrosity as well :doh: For any who never experienced the wonder of 8 track, rather than cassette or vinyl where the album is planned to be broken up into 2 halves, on 8 track the album is chopped into 4 sections. Most of my buying back then was progressive rock which of course had a lot of 10+ minute songs. I'd be listening to my newest 8 track King Crimson album and all of the sudden in the middle of the song it would quickly fade out...the machine makes this noisy chunking sound...then the song fades back in

Gimme Some Money - Spinal Tap (from the 'Black album', 1984's Smell the Glove )
                    Gimme back my bullets - Lynyrd Skynyrd <3

if we had all just purchased vinyl back in the day, they would still be good today.... have the record player again...
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers

Comment

if we had all just purchased vinyl back in the day, they would still be good today.... have the record player again...
                      Gimme Some Slack - The Cars (from the 1981 album, "Panorama")

Comment

Gimme all your lovin - ZZ Top
                        sigpic

Comment

"Bullets to Spare" - Dokken (1984)
                          sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                          Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                          PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                            Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                            Gimme all your lovin - ZZ Top
                            Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
                            "Bullets to Spare" - Dokken (1984)
                            LOL Try this again... "All that she wants" - Ace of Base (1993)
                            sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                            Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                            PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

• Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
                              LOL Try this again... "All that she wants" - Ace of Base (1993)
                              She Don't Know Me - Bon Jovi
                              sigpic

Comment

She Don't Know Me - Bon Jovi

She Talks to Angels-- Black Crowes
                                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                                X