Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Song Title Game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Prairie Rose - Roxy Music (from the '74 album, "Country Life")
    Yankee Rose -- David Lee Roth from Eat 'Em And Smile (1986)

    I love the beginning of this video!


    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

    Comment


    • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
      Yankee Rose -- David Lee Roth from Eat 'Em And Smile (1986)

      I love the beginning of this video!

      Me too...only Diamond Dave would have come up with something like that

      Obscurity in Rose - Orion (from the '79 album, "La Nature Vit, L'Homme Lui Critique")
      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
        Me too...only Diamond Dave would have come up with something like that

        Obscurity in Rose - Orion (from the '79 album, "La Nature Vit, L'Homme Lui Critique")
        In My Dreams -- Dokken from Under Lock And Key (1985)

        Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

        Comment


        • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
          In My Dreams -- Dokken from Under Lock And Key (1985)
          In Every Dream Home a Heartache - Roxy Music (from the '73 album, "For Your Pleasure")
          "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
          PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
          LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
            In Every Dream Home a Heartache - Roxy Music (from the '73 album, "For Your Pleasure")
            Dream On -- Aerosmith (1973)

            Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

            Comment


            • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
              Dream On -- Aerosmith (1973)
              Tomorrow's Dream - Black Sabbath - from my fave Sabbath album, 1972's "Volume IV"
              "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
              PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
              LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                Tomorrow's Dream - Black Sabbath - from my fave Sabbath album, 1972's "Volume IV"
                Flying In A Blue Dream -- Joe Satriani (1989)

                Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                Comment


                • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                  Flying In A Blue Dream -- Joe Satriani (1989)
                  I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night - The Electric Prunes (1966 single)
                  "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                  PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                  LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                    I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night - The Electric Prunes (1966 single)
                    Too Much Time On My Hands
                    Artist: Styx
                    Album: Paradise Theatre
                    Released: 1981

                    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                      Too Much Time On My Hands
                      Artist: Styx
                      Album: Paradise Theatre
                      Released: 1981
                      Not a Styx fan but I loved the video for that song...hilarious

                      Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert - Pink Floyd (from 1983's, "The Final Cut")
                      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                        Not a Styx fan but I loved the video for that song...hilarious

                        Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert - Pink Floyd (from 1983's, "The Final Cut")
                        Get Off My Cloud
                        Artist: The Rolling Stones
                        Album: December's Children (And Everybody's)
                        Released: 1965

                        Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                          Get Off My Cloud
                          Artist: The Rolling Stones
                          Album: December's Children (And Everybody's)
                          Released: 1965
                          House of Clouds - Sad Lovers and Giants (from the 1988 album, "The Mirror Test")
                          "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                          PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                          LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                            House of Clouds - Sad Lovers and Giants (from the 1988 album, "The Mirror Test")
                            "The House of Blue Lights" is a popular song published in 1946, written by Don Raye and Freddie Slack. It was first recorded by Freddie Slack with singer Ella Mae Morse, and was covered the same year by The Andrews Sisters.

                            Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                              "The House of Blue Lights" is a popular song published in 1946, written by Don Raye and Freddie Slack. It was first recorded by Freddie Slack with singer Ella Mae Morse, and was covered the same year by The Andrews Sisters.
                              The Dead Flag Blues - Godspeed You Black Emperor (from the '98 album, "F# A# Infinity")
                              "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                              PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                              LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                                The Dead Flag Blues - Godspeed You Black Emperor (from the '98 album, "F# A# Infinity")
                                "Travelling Riverside Blues" is a blues song written by the bluesman Robert Johnson. He recorded it on June 20, 1937, in Dallas, Texas, during his last recording session. The song was unreleased until its inclusion on the 1961 Johnson compilation album King of the Delta Blues Singers.

                                Led Zeppelin's version of this song was produced by John Walters at the BBC studios in Aeolian Hall on June 24, 1969 during the band's UK Tour of Summer 1969. Jimmy Page dubbed extra guitar tracks onto the track (the main track being played on a 12-string electric guitar) and it was broadcast four days later on John Peel's Top Gear show under the title "Travelling Riverside Blues '69", and repeated on January 11, 1970. Page used an acoustic slide guitar for the entire song, while Bonham played triplets on the bass drum.

                                It is quite different from the original, and it is more a tribute to Robert Johnson than a straight cover. The song showcases a riff by Page (also in open G tuning), and in the lyrics Robert Plant quotes many Robert Johnson songs, such as "She studies evil all the time", from "Kind Hearted Woman Blues", and "Why don't you come on in my kitchen", from "Come on in My Kitchen" (which is heard during the song's solo).

                                "Travelling Riverside Blues" can be found on disc one of the Led Zeppelin Boxed Set (1990), the Led Zeppelin BBC Sessions (1997), the expanded 1993 reissue of Coda from The Complete Studio Recordings and Led Zeppelin Definitive Collection (2008) box sets, and disc one of the two companion discs of the 2015 reissue of Coda.

                                It was interest from US radio interviewers and fans during Page's Outrider tour that originally led him to negotiate with BBC Enterprises for the song's release. A promotional video clip was also released in 1990, with out-take footage from the band's 1976 concert film, The Song Remains the Same inter-spliced with other footage from the band's archive. The clip also features a railroad montage, and underwater shots of the Mississippi River. The song reached number seven on the Billboard Top Rock Tracks Top 50 chart in November 1990, culled from national album rock radio airplay reports.


                                Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X