The Song Title Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    So You Want To Be a Rock and Roll Star - The Byrds (1967)
    Some Heads Are Gonna Roll -- Judas Priest from Defenders Of The Faith (1984)

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
      Some Heads Are Gonna Roll -- Judas Priest from Defenders Of The Faith (1984)
      Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight - Spinal Tap (from 1984's, "Smell the Glove")
      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight - Spinal Tap (from 1984's, "Smell the Glove")
        Need You Tonight
        Artist: INXS
        Album: Kick
        Released: 1987

Comment

Need You Tonight
          Artist: INXS
          Album: Kick
          Released: 1987
          No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature - The Guess Who (from their 1970 album, "American Woman")

Comment

No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature - The Guess Who (from their 1970 album, "American Woman")
            Mother's Little Helper
            Artist: The Rolling Stones
            Album: Aftermath
            Released: 1966

Comment

Mother's Little Helper
              Artist: The Rolling Stones
              Album: Aftermath
              Released: 1966
              Great song LM

Little T&A - The Rolling Stones (one of my favorite Keith songs...this one from 1981's "Tattoo You")

Comment

Great song LM

Little T&A - The Rolling Stones (one of my favorite Keith songs...this one from 1981's "Tattoo You")
                I figured you were a Stones fan even though you pick Spinal Tap much much more!

Little Fluffy Clouds
                Artist: The Orb
                Album: The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld
                Released: 1991

Comment

I figured you were a Stones fan even though you pick Spinal Tap much much more!

Little Fluffy Clouds
                  Artist: The Orb
                  Album: The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld
                  Released: 1991
                  Ya, I'm a huge Stones fan...we always had their latest album on the good old Radio Shack turntable when I was a kid in the 60's

I have another strange connection to the Stones...my cousin was a Hells Angels pledge at the infamous Altamont concert in '69. If you've ever seen the Stones film, "Gimme Shelter", before any of the bands start playing at Altamont that day they show a quick shot of a bus with a "Hells Angels Frisco" banner on the side...my cousin was on that bus. He said the pledges were there for back-up in case the Angels guarding the stage needed any help...well...if you know the story of that sad day you know they didn't need any help. My cousin said he and the other pledges never got off the bus.

Obscured by Clouds - Pink Floyd (from the '72 album of the same name)

Comment

Ya, I'm a huge Stones fan...we always had their latest album on the good old Radio Shack turntable when I was a kid in the 60's

I have another strange connection to the Stones...my cousin was a Hells Angels pledge at the infamous Altamont concert in '69. If you've ever seen the Stones film, "Gimme Shelter", before any of the bands start playing at Altamont that day they show a quick shot of a bus with a "Hells Angels Frisco" banner on the side...my cousin was on that bus. He said the pledges were there for back-up in case the Angels guarding the stage needed any help...well...if you know the story of that sad day you know they didn't need any help. My cousin said he and the other pledges never got off the bus.

Obscured by Clouds - Pink Floyd (from the '72 album of the same name)
                    Very interesting. BTW, when you were away, we had a concert thread here:
                    https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...hlight=Concert
                    I bet you've seen some great shows!

ObC is a verrry underrated album IMO -- prime Floyd! :thumb:

By The Way
                    Artist: Red Hot Chili Peppers
                    Album: By the Way
                    Released: 2002

Comment

Very interesting. BTW, when you were away, we had a concert thread here:
                      https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...hlight=Concert
                      I bet you've seen some great shows!

ObC is a verrry underrated album IMO -- prime Floyd! :thumb:

By The Way
                      Artist: Red Hot Chili Peppers
                      Album: By the Way
                      Released: 2002
                      Thanks for the link to the concerts thread...I went to a ton of progressive rock/classic rock shows between '75 and '82 along with some great hardcore punk shows in the mid 80's. I'll give some thought on resurrecting the thread!

Yes, I agree ObC is underrated...I think many people who get into PF start with Dark Side of the Moon and go forward never bothering to check out the great stuff that came before

Down by the Seaside - Led Zep (from 75's, "Physical Graffiti")

Comment

Thanks for the link to the concerts thread...I went to a ton of progressive rock/classic rock shows between '75 and '82 along with some great hardcore punk shows in the mid 80's. I'll give some thought on resurrecting the thread!

Yes, I agree ObC is underrated...I think many people who get into PF start with Dark Side of the Moon and go forward never bothering to check out the great stuff that came before

Down by the Seaside - Led Zep (from 75's, "Physical Graffiti")
                        I can't believe you saw Zeppelin, dude --sooOOo jealous!

I'm Not Down -- The Clash from London Calling (1979)

Comment

I'm Not Down -- The Clash from London Calling (1979)
                          Tie Your Mother Down - Queen, from A Day At The Races (1976)
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I'll tell you...it actually wasn't a great show. First off it was a windy summer Sunday afternoon at the Oakland Coliseum which meant the sound just swirled round and round and wasn't sharp or clear. Second, I'm sure you know the history of that day (here's a link that sums it up pretty well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Ze...ms_experienced). Also the band's heads seemed to be in other places - for many reasons - and it just wasn't a good performance. But...still very cool that I got to see the final show LZ ever played in America, so if nothing else it's historically important
                            Last edited by Dennis.1960; 09-12-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
                              Tie Your Mother Down - Queen, from A Day At The Races (1976)
                              Mathilda Mother - Pink Floyd (from their 1967 debut album - recorded at Abbey Road studios while the Beatles were recording Sgt Peppers - "Piper at the Gates of Dawn")

Comment

Well, I'll tell you...it actually wasn't a great show. First off it was a windy summer Sunday afternoon at the Oakland Coliseum which meant the sound just swirled round and round and wasn't sharp or clear. Second, I'm sure you know the history of that day (here's a link that sums it up pretty well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Ze...ms_experienced). Also the band's heads seemed to be in other places - for many reasons - and it just wasn't a good performance. But...still very cool that I got to see the final show LZ ever played in America, so if nothing else it's historically important
                                I wasn't aware of some of those things, interesting. Too bad that moment of history was kind of a drag at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X