• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

Best of both worlds - VH

RIP Eddie Van Halen
    The Best - Tina Turner (1989)

"The Best" is a song by Bonnie Tyler for her seventh studio album, Hide Your Heart (1988). In the following year, the song was covered by Tina Turner for her seventh studio album, Foreign Affair. The song was written by Holly Knight and Mike Chapman.

Here's Bonnie's original version...

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

So you are from London? Cool! Let me tell, I was a pretty big fan of the guy. Do you know that song I was mentioning "Foreigner Suite", which lasted over 18 minutes? It was such a unique song, with several variations. It took up the entire side of the album (you know, those big round spinning things!

I was going to University (know you know how old I am), working the summer and managing a football team. I would listen to that song a lot.

I loved so many of his songs - Morning Has Broken, Peace Train, Father and Son, Oh Very Young, Can't Keep It In, The Hurt.....and more. A special voice and a special musical talent.

I just listened to Foreigner Suite yesterday for the first time. Very impressed. I only know a few of his songs as his heyday was well before my time (sorry Can!). I didn't even know he played the piano!

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

I just listened to Foreigner Suite yesterday for the first time. Very impressed. I only know a few of his songs as his heyday was well before my time (sorry Can!). I didn't even know he played the piano!
        Because I was a fan of Cat back then, I bought that album without ever hearing the song Foreigner Suite. I think I knew one song on that album, and trusted my gut. So when I came home to play it, I was wondering if I had made a mistake. One song that I never heard, filling up one side of the record! As I listened I realized I liked it right away. The twists and turns, the musical skill, the interesting song construction. After that I was hooked on the song, and listened to it daily for a month or two. You know, one of those summers as a teenager, not fully knowing where life would go, and also not knowing who I really was. But life was good that year, as I was doing well in my Commerce studies, and liking the summer vibe. Still very unsure, but looking forward.

Comment

The Best - Tina Turner (1989)

"The Best" is a song by Bonnie Tyler for her seventh studio album, Hide Your Heart (1988). In the following year, the song was covered by Tina Turner for her seventh studio album, Foreign Affair. The song was written by Holly Knight and Mike Chapman.

Here's Bonnie's original version...

The best man in the world - Ann Wilson
          sigpic
          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
          Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

The best man in the world - Ann Wilson
            Nowhere Man - The Beatles (1965)

The performance starts at about 48 seconds in, after the guys talk a little, which is kinda cool in itself. This was fairly vintage Beatles in black and white.

Comment

Nowhere Man - The Beatles (1965)

The performance starts at about 48 seconds in, after the guys talk a little, which is kinda cool in itself. This was fairly vintage Beatles in black and white.
              The man who sold the world - David Bowie
              sigpic

Comment

The man who sold the world - David Bowie
                Mr. Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan (1965)

This is classic Dylan way back, and it's not til about the 1:14 minute mark he starts to play. Great song and there's a long list of those who sang it.

Comment

• KatMANdu - Bob Seger

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                    KatMANdu - Bob Seger
                    Man On The Moon - R.E.M. (1992)

The song was a tribute to comedian/performer Andy Kaufman.

Comment

Man On The Moon - R.E.M. (1992)

The song was a tribute to comedian/performer Andy Kaufman.
                      Man in a box - Alice in Chains
                      sigpic

Comment

Man in a box - Alice in Chains
                        Piano Man - Billy Joel (1973)

Piano Man was Billy Joel's first major hit, and related his real life experiences as a young musician in LA.

Comment

Piano Man - Billy Joel (1973)

Piano Man was Billy Joel's first major hit, and related his real life experiences as a young musician in LA.
                          Forever Man - Eric Clapton
                          sigpic

Comment

Forever Man - Eric Clapton
                            Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles (1967)

Comment

Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles (1967)
                              ^One of their best.

"Who Wants to Live Forever" is a song by the British rock band Queen. A power ballad, it is the sixth track on the album A Kind of Magic, which was released in June 1986, and was written by lead guitarist Brian May for the soundtrack to the film Highlander. The song is used to frame the scenes in the film where Connor MacLeod must endure his beloved wife Heather MacLeod growing old and dying while he, as an Immortal, remains forever young.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

^One of their best.

"Who Wants to Live Forever" is a song by the British rock band Queen. A power ballad, it is the sixth track on the album A Kind of Magic, which was released in June 1986, and was written by lead guitarist Brian May for the soundtrack to the film Highlander. The song is used to frame the scenes in the film where Connor MacLeod must endure his beloved wife Heather MacLeod growing old and dying while he, as an Immortal, remains forever young.

Forever Young - Rod Stewart (1988)

HOWEVER....It's a song by Bob Dylan, recorded in November 1973. The song first appeared (in two different versions, one slow and one fast) on Dylan's fourteenth studio album Planet Waves (1974).

Rod Stewart recorded a song titled "Forever Young" that was released as a single and included on his 1988 album Out of Order. Stewart's manager, Arnold Stiefel, said, "[I]t would be fair to say that while the melody and the music is not at all the same [as Dylan's song], the idea of the song is similar. The architecture of the lyrics of the song is very much from Dylan–there are definite similarities." The similarities were enough to cause Stiefel to contact Dylan, who requested a share of the royalties, and Stewart agreed.

Here's Bob's song:

CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                Last edited by CanDB; 12-16-2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X