The Song Title Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Thank God I'm A Country Boy - John Denver (1974)

Timeless, fun, and very much John Denver...written by John Martin Sommers.
    I have a soft spot for old JD, used to watch his show when I was a kid. Very tragic loss when he died so young in that plane crash. RIP John, you were a good soul.

Take Me Home, Country Roads
    Artist: John Denver
    Album: Poems, Prayers & Promises
    Released: 1971

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

I have a soft spot for old JD, used to watch his show when I was a kid. Very tragic loss when he died so young in that plane crash. RIP John, you were a good soul.

Take Me Home, Country Roads
      Artist: John Denver
      Album: Poems, Prayers & Promises
      Released: 1971

JD always had an appealing sound. I am off track a little, but I instantly recall Annie's Song as one of his classics. Beautiful song.

Here's another one of my all time favs...more to the tail end of their fabulous run! Chuck Negron was not involved at this point, but the 3 "dogs" had an amazing amount of talent including wonderful harmonization!

Out In The Country - Three Dog Night (1969)

Last edited by CanDB; 01-13-2022, 11:31 AM.

Comment

JD always had an appealing sound. I am off track a little, but I instantly recall Annie's Song as one of his classics. Beautiful song.

Here's another one of my all time favs...more to the tail end of their fabulous run! Chuck Negron was not involved at this point, but the 3 "dogs" had an amazing amount of talent including wonderful harmonization!

Out In The Country - Three Dog Night (1969)

A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock and Roll_Donny and Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock and Roll_Donny and Marie
          Try A Little Tenderness - Otis Redding (1966)

But wait...this song was first recorded by The Ray Noble Orchestra in 1932. The legendary Otis Redding gave it a whole new flavour in 1966, which gave others the appreciation to follow that styling, including Three Dog Night in 1969.

So I will play their version, given it too is one of my all time favs. Plus it is so coincidental given I just posted Three Dog Night, then watched Cory Wells sing Try A Little Tenderness, followed by 2MW's song, that includes the work Little. Perfect!!

Last edited by CanDB; 01-14-2022, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Try A Little Tenderness - Otis Redding (1966)

But wait...this song was first recorded by The Ray Noble Orchestra in 1932. Otis Redding gave it a whole new flavour in 1966, which gave others the appreciation to follow that styling, including Three Dog Night in 1969.

So I will play their version, given it too is one of my all time favs. Plus it is so coincidental given I just posted Three Dog Night, then watched Cory Wells sing Try A Little Tenderness, followed by 2MW's song, that includes the work Little. Perfect!!

"With a Little Help from My Friends" (originally titled "A Little Help from My Friends") is a song written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, released on The Beatles album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band in 1967. The song was written for and sung by Beatles drummer Ringo Starr as the character "Billy Shears."

Lennon and McCartney finished writing this song in mid-March 1967, written as Starr's song for the album. It was briefly called Bad Finger Boogie (later the inspiration for the band name Badfinger), because Lennon composed the melody on a piano using his middle finger after having hurt his forefinger; but in his 1980 Playboy interview Lennon said: "This is Paul, with a little help from me. 'What do you see when you turn out the light/ I can't tell you, but I know it's mine...' is mine."

Last edited by L.M.; 01-14-2022, 02:49 PM.

Comment

"With a Little Help from My Friends" (originally titled "A Little Help from My Friends") is a song written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, released on The Beatles album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band in 1967. The song was written for and sung by Beatles drummer Ringo Starr as the character "Billy Shears."

Lennon and McCartney finished writing this song in mid-March 1967, written as Starr's song for the album. It was briefly called Bad Finger Boogie (later the inspiration for the band name Badfinger), because Lennon composed the melody on a piano using his middle finger after having hurt his forefinger; but in his 1980 Playboy interview Lennon said: "This is Paul, with a little help from me. 'What do you see when you turn out the light/ I can't tell you, but I know it's mine...' is mine."

Help - The Beatles (1965)

What, The Beatles??!! Haha, and I don't think I ever used a one word song before. Sorry mates!

Comment

Help - The Beatles (1965)

What, The Beatles??!! Haha, and I don't think I ever used a one word song before. Sorry mates!

I Can Help - Billy Swan (1974)

Comment

I Can Help - Billy Swan (1974)
                  Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis (1961)

I still consider this to be one of best songs about love of all time.

Comment

Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis (1961)

I still consider this to be one of best songs about love of all time.
                    Can't Buy Me Love-BEATLES

Comment

Can't Buy Me Love-BEATLES
                      You Can't Do That - The Beatles (1964)

Comment

You Can't Do That - The Beatles (1964)

"Within You Without You" is a song by the English rock band the Beatles from their 1967 album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Written by lead guitarist George Harrison, it was Harrison's second composition in the Indian classical style, after "Love You To", and was inspired by his stay in India in late 1966 with his mentor and sitar teacher, Ravi Shankar. Recorded in London without the other Beatles, the song features Indian instrumentation such as sitar, tambura, dilruba and tabla, and was performed by Harrison and members of the Asian Music Circle. The recording marked a significant departure from the Beatles' previous work; musically, it evokes the Indian devotional tradition, while the overtly spiritual quality of the lyrics reflects Harrison's absorption in Hindu philosophy and the teachings of the Vedas.

Comment

"Within You Without You" is a song by the English rock band the Beatles from their 1967 album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Written by lead guitarist George Harrison, it was Harrison's second composition in the Indian classical style, after "Love You To", and was inspired by his stay in India in late 1966 with his mentor and sitar teacher, Ravi Shankar. Recorded in London without the other Beatles, the song features Indian instrumentation such as sitar, tambura, dilruba and tabla, and was performed by Harrison and members of the Asian Music Circle. The recording marked a significant departure from the Beatles' previous work; musically, it evokes the Indian devotional tradition, while the overtly spiritual quality of the lyrics reflects Harrison's absorption in Hindu philosophy and the teachings of the Vedas.

A World Without Love - Peter and Gordon (1964)

Recorded by the British duo Peter and Gordon and released as their first single in February 1964. It was included on the duo's debut album in the UK, and in the US on an album of the same name. The song was written by Paul McCartney and attributed to Lennon-McCartney.

Comment

A World Without Love - Peter and Gordon (1964)

Recorded by the British duo Peter and Gordon and released as their first single in February 1964. It was included on the duo's debut album in the UK, and in the US on an album of the same name. The song was written by Paul McCartney and attributed to Lennon-McCartney.
                            With or Without You - U2
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                            Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

With or Without You - U2
                              Lost Without Your Love - Bread (1976)

Comment