Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Song Title Game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

    Brass in Pocket - the Pretenders


    Rocket 88 - Ike Turner/Jackie Brenston

    Comment


    • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post



      Rocket 88 - Ike Turner/Jackie Brenston
      "Rocket Man" ~ Elton John (1972) from ***** Chateau
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

      Comment


      • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

        "Rocket Man" ~ Elton John (1972) from ***** Chateau
        "Nowhere Man"~Beatles

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

          "Nowhere Man"~Beatles
          "21st Century Schizoid Man" ~ King Crimson (1969) from In the Court of the Crimson King.
          Last edited by samparnell; 05-29-2022, 09:13 AM.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

          Comment


          • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

            "21st Century Schizoid Man" ~ King Crimson (1969) from In the Court of the Crimson King.
            Ice cream man - VH

            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
            Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

              Ice cream man - VH

              "Mr. Tambourine Man" ~ Bob Dylan (1965) from Bringing It All Back Home
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                "Mr. Tambourine Man" ~ Bob Dylan (1965) from Bringing It All Back Home
                "Man Like That" ~ Gin Wigmore (2011) from Gravel & Wine
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

                  "Man Like That" ~ Gin Wigmore (2011) from Gravel & Wine
                  Don't Do Me Like That
                  Artist: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
                  Album: Damn the Torpedoes
                  Released: 1979

                  Petty wrote the song and recorded a demo version with his previous band Mudcrutch in 1974. At one point he strongly considered giving the song to The J. Geils Band because he thought it had their sound. During the Damn the Torpedoes sessions he was convinced by producer Jimmy Iovine to include it on the album because he sensed it would be a hit. It was released in November 1979 as the album's first single which reached number 10 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the band's only Top 10 hit.


                  Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                    Don't Do Me Like That
                    Artist: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
                    Album: Damn the Torpedoes
                    Released: 1979

                    Petty wrote the song and recorded a demo version with his previous band Mudcrutch in 1974. At one point he strongly considered giving the song to The J. Geils Band because he thought it had their sound. During the Damn the Torpedoes sessions he was convinced by producer Jimmy Iovine to include it on the album because he sensed it would be a hit. It was released in November 1979 as the album's first single which reached number 10 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the band's only Top 10 hit.

                    "Don't You (Forget About Me)"~Simple Minds
                    is a song performed by the Scottish rock band Simple Minds. It was written and composed by producer Keith Forsey and Steve Schiff, a guitarist and songwriter from the Nina Hagen band. Forsey and Schiff wrote it for Simple Minds, and offered it to several acts before Simple Minds agreed to record it. The song was used in the John Hughes film The Breakfast Club.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

                      "Don't You (Forget About Me)"~Simple Minds
                      is a song performed by the Scottish rock band Simple Minds. It was written and composed by producer Keith Forsey and Steve Schiff, a guitarist and songwriter from the Nina Hagen band. Forsey and Schiff wrote it for Simple Minds, and offered it to several acts before Simple Minds agreed to record it. The song was used in the John Hughes film The Breakfast Club.
                      I don't want you now - KT Tunstall
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

                        I don't want you now - KT Tunstall
                        To Love You - Astrid Williamson (from Astrid Williamson, 2003) on Incarnation Records.

                        https://youtu.be/AA_qULpKCJs

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by GMTD View Post

                          To Love You - Astrid Williamson (from Astrid Williamson, 2003) on Incarnation Records.

                          https://youtu.be/AA_qULpKCJs
                          Love the one you're with - Crosby, Stills, and Nash
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                          Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

                            Love the one you're with - Crosby, Stills, and Nash
                            "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" ~ The Beatles (1967) from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                              "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" ~ The Beatles (1967) from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
                              Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) - Kate Bush (1985)



                              I sort of bent the rules a little by only having the word "with' in common, but I am enjoying the resurgence of this song by British singer/songwriter Kate Bush. The song was a hit but apparently its playing in the fourth season opener of Stranger Things has helped newer generations get acquainted.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                                Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) - Kate Bush (1985)



                                I sort of bent the rules a little by only having the word "with' in common, but I am enjoying the resurgence of this song by British singer/songwriter Kate Bush. The song was a hit but apparently its playing in the fourth season opener of Stranger Things has helped newer generations get acquainted.
                                "Runnin' Down a Dream" ~ Tom Petty (1989) from Full Moon Fever
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X