Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

The girl from yesterday - Eagles
    Yesterday When I Was Young - Roy Clark (1969)

"Hier encore", whose original French title translates to "Just yesterday" or "Not so long ago", is a song composed by Georges Garvarentz and written by Charles Aznavour and released in September 1964.

It was subsequently released in English as "Yesterday, When I Was Young"

In the United States, the best-known version was recorded by country musician Roy Clark. His version, under the English title "Yesterday When I Was Young," became his biggest hit up to that time on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart, peaking at No. 9 in August 1969, and indeed, it became his only top 40 pop hit, peaking at No. 19. Clark performed the song at Mickey Mantle's funeral in 1995, at Mantle's personal request.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Yesterday When I Was Young - Roy Clark (1969)

"Hier encore", whose original French title translates to "Just yesterday" or "Not so long ago", is a song composed by Georges Garvarentz and written by Charles Aznavour and released in September 1964.

It was subsequently released in English as "Yesterday, When I Was Young"

In the United States, the best-known version was recorded by country musician Roy Clark. His version, under the English title "Yesterday When I Was Young," became his biggest hit up to that time on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart, peaking at No. 9 in August 1969, and indeed, it became his only top 40 pop hit, peaking at No. 19. Clark performed the song at Mickey Mantle's funeral in 1995, at Mantle's personal request.
      "Young Man Blues" ~ Mose Allison (1957) from Back Country Suite covered by The Who (1970) from Live at Leeds, also covered by Joe Bonamassa, Foo Fighters, et al.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

"Young Man Blues" ~ Mose Allison (1957) from Back Country Suite covered by The Who (1970) from Live at Leeds, also covered by Joe Bonamassa, Foo Fighters, et al.

Terraplane Blues - Robert Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Terraplane Blues - Robert Johnson
          Nice work

"Madison Blues" ~ Elmore James (1968) from Tough covered by Fleetwood Mac (w/Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer) and George Thorogood and Peter Green solo (1999) on Destiny Road

Comment

Nice work

"Madison Blues" ~ Elmore James (1968) from Tough covered by Fleetwood Mac (w/Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer) and George Thorogood and Peter Green solo (1999) on Destiny Road
            Wedding Bell Blues~5th Demension

is a song written and recorded by Laura Nyro in 1966. The best known version was a number one hit for the 5th Dimension in 1969.

The lyrics are written from the perspective of a woman whose boyfriend has not yet proposed to her, and who wonders, "am I ever gonna see my wedding day?" The song carries dual themes of adoring love and frustrated lament.

The title subsequently became a popular phrase in American pop culture.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

Wedding Bell Blues~5th Demension

is a song written and recorded by Laura Nyro in 1966. The best known version was a number one hit for the 5th Dimension in 1969.

The lyrics are written from the perspective of a woman whose boyfriend has not yet proposed to her, and who wonders, "am I ever gonna see my wedding day?" The song carries dual themes of adoring love and frustrated lament.

The title subsequently became a popular phrase in American pop culture.
              "Bell Bottom Blues" ~ Derek and the Dominos (1971) from Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs

Comment

"Bell Bottom Blues" ~ Derek and the Dominos (1971) from Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
                Big Bottom - Spinal Tap
                sigpic
                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Big Bottom - Spinal Tap

Big River - Jonny Cash

Comment

Big River - Jonny Cash
                    "Green River" ~ Creedence Clearwater Revival (1969) from Green River

Comment

"Green River" ~ Creedence Clearwater Revival (1969) from Green River
                      The River - KT Tunstall
                      sigpic

Comment

The River - KT Tunstall
                        "Cry Me A River" ~ Joe Cocker (1970) from Mad Dogs & Englishmen

Comment

"Cry Me A River" ~ Joe Cocker (1970) from Mad Dogs & Englishmen
                          "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" is a song written and recorded by American country music singer-songwriter Hank Williams in 1949. The song has been covered by a wide range of musicians.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

"I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" is a song written and recorded by American country music singer-songwriter Hank Williams in 1949. The song has been covered by a wide range of musicians.

To Cry You A Song - Jethro Tull

Comment

To Cry You A Song - Jethro Tull

Can't cry anymore - Sheryl Crow
                              sigpic

Comment