Books you've read recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books you've read recently?

Just wondering what the good people of Broncomania have been reading lately.

I myself just recently read Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince and Eragon.

Both very good books, Eragon kind of reads like a defective clone of The Lord of The Rings books but thats not really a bad thing.

The Grace Awakening by Charles Swindell
    Come Thirsty Max Lucado
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

The prequel to the Wheel of Time series, can't remember the name.

Before that War and Peace.

Before that... I think I went through the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series.

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
        The prequel to the Wheel of Time series, can't remember the name.

Before that War and Peace.

Before that... I think I went through the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series.
        That's funny, I just finished the first book of the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy...

Before that I read A Farewell to Arms.

Comment

I'm currently reading a book from the "Spenser" detective series called "Cold Service"

Comment

I just finished "The Long Dark Tea-time Of The Soul" by Douglas Adams (author of the Hitchhikers guide series)

This is an unrelated story but I have read 7 different books by Adams and I put this one narrowly behind the original Guide.
            I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo_Bronco

Before that I read A Farewell to Arms.
              That might be my favorite all-time book, and at worst it's top 5!
              I just finished reading Oliver Twist about a month ago...
              I started The Idiot by Dostoyevsky a few weeks ago...I'll be reading it for a little while probably.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
                The Grace Awakening by Charles Swindell
                Come Thirsty Max Lucado
                Just read one of Lucado's books too - Travelling Light and about half way through the new Harry Potter books.

Comment

I never end up reading a whole book... I do not have the time or the patience for it...

I read almost all of "Ideas of the Great Philosophers" by Sahakian

and before that "Blood Sisters" by Marilyn Yalon, which is a collection of diaries from women who lived during the French Revolution... It was research for the novel I am writing...

I think the last book I read in it entirity was "Blood and Gold" by Anne Rice...
                  ---IZAAK

Comment

Last 2 weeks:

Tong Lashing by Peter David
                    Harry Potter 6 by JK Rowling
                    Club Dead by Charlaine Harris
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

Man...The last time I read a book was like..2 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                        I started The Idiot by Dostoyevsky a few weeks ago...I'll be reading it for a little while probably.
                        i finished dostoyevsky's "the possessed" a few weeks ago. he's one of my favorites.

after that i started "more guns, less crime" but it was a bit too statistic intensive for me so i abandoned it for now.

currently i'm working on "the odyssey"
                        sigpic
                        go broncos
                        share the sidewalk
                        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                          i finished dostoyevsky's "the possessed" a few weeks ago. he's one of my favorites.

after that i started "more guns, less crime" but it was a bit too statistic intensive for me so i abandoned it for now.

currently i'm working on "the odyssey"
                          I love the Odyssey. I had to read it in high school, and honestly that was one of very few that I have reread since then. I am actually crossing my fingers that they will remake the movie on the heels of Troy's success. But only if Sean Bean gets to play Odysseus again.
                          I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

I recently read Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel.

Last edited by Charlie Brown; 07-28-2005, 03:12 PM.
                            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by delaranta
                              I love the Odyssey. I had to read it in high school, and honestly that was one of very few that I have reread since then. I am actually crossing my fingers that they will remake the movie on the heels of Troy's success. But only if Sean Bean gets to play Odysseus again.
                              i knew the general story, but had never read it. it's great. i'd love to see another movie (i think there already is an old one). but unlike troy, i'd prefer they put the gods into it. taking the gods out ruins the story for me. not that i didn't enjoy the story as presented in troy, its just that i prefer the original.
                              sigpic
                              go broncos
                              share the sidewalk
                              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Working...
                              X