Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starships Troopers (Superior B movie classic!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starships Troopers (Superior B movie classic!)

I haven't watched this movie in a couple years so I thought I'd pop it in.

Yep

Still love it.

It seems to get better with age. At least it does with me.

I love the over-the-top violence and hillarious war propaganda.

Plus Denise Richards is pretty nice to look at.

Also, I think the effects hold up very well. The movie still looks new to me.

Here's to Starship Troopers!

Everyone fights, no one quits. DO YOU GET ME?!

The unisex shower......
    Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Aww man that movie is awesome. I love the battles and when you get to see the boobs and it was pretty violent.
      Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

Plus you gotta love the highschool football scenes where they have recivers that do like 4 flips on their way to the endzone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
          Plus you gotta love the highschool football scenes where they have recivers that do like 4 flips on their way to the endzone.
          Oh yea i remember that part.

And those bugs that shoot the blue plasma out of there butts.

And the only good bug is a dead bug.

Comment

I remember they had a show just like "starship troopers" but they we're little comic people. They had all the same names, guns, bugs and everything. It was pretty tight......

The movie isn't half bad either.

Comment

Did you guys see the 2nd one?

Comment

I really liked that show.

The girl that played Dez ... forgot her name. But she was in Star Trek: Nemesis.

Man she was hot in that movie... Reminds me of Middle School. There was a girl that looked just like her and behaved just like her ... that liked me.
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by KnightOLB53
                  Did you guys see the 2nd one?
                  You mean the one where the Aliens took over their bodies and was really stupid and had like a zombie-alien-body-taker overer?

Also had the lady that played the Captain on the ship in the first one ( the lady ) and in this one she was a Marine or whatever ?

Comment

Originally posted by KnightOLB53
                    And those bugs that shoot the blue plasma out of there butts.

And the only good bug is a dead bug.
                    amen to that. how about the scene where the guy jumps on that bug's back and shoots a hole through it, then uses the hole as a handhold until he can chunk a grenade in it. or when the drill instructor throws a knife through the private's hand. you can't push the button if you can't use your hand. also the commercials where the kids are playing with the guns and where the teacher is laughing while the kids stomp on bugs.

i think i saw the 2nd one in blockbuster, but i've got a bad feeling about it.
                    Last edited by mattos; 08-16-2005, 11:18 AM.
                    sigpic
                    go broncos
                    share the sidewalk
                    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

I never saw it but i heard it was extremely crappy. I was just wondering if it was true.

Comment

Don't worry ... it sucked. You aren't missing anything. In fact I think it was released straight to video...

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                          Don't worry ... it sucked. You aren't missing anything. In fact I think it was released straight to video...
                          lol yea but they were advertiseing it all on TV by me like crazy.

Comment

Now if you want to watch a really good movie.

I highly recommend Blue Velvet. That is my all-time favorite movie. Dennis Hopper is soooooooooo evil in it. Awesome movie... in fact I think I recommended it to a bunch of people in a thread somewhere around here ... it was called like what is your favorite movie or something like that..

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                              I haven't watched this movie in a couple years so I thought I'd pop it in.

Yep

Still love it.

It seems to get better with age. At least it does with me.

I love the over-the-top violence and hillarious war propaganda.

Plus Denise Richards is pretty nice to look at.

Also, I think the effects hold up very well. The movie still looks new to me.

Here's to Starship Troopers!

Everyone fights, no one quits. DO YOU GET ME?!

As you said, its a good B-movie. The problem though was that it wasn't billed as such when it first released. This flick got tons of promotion and at the time had one of the most deep internet website promo programs I ever saw...deeper than the serenity/browncoat point system thing.

The movie was a complete bomb considering all this, and deservedly so, as its one of the worst flops ever.

The redeeming characteristics of this movie was the humorous war propaganda and the massive ground war scenes which are only rivaled by Attack of the Clones as far as sci-fi is concerned.

But non of that makes up for the decision not to follow the book more closely in both the mech (ape) suits and the civilian-citizen philosophy.

The book is one of the alltime greats.

Comment

Working...
                              X