Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starships Troopers (Superior B movie classic!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NameUsedBefore
    replied
    Would've preferred it with the actual mechs and stuff from the book; besides that it was an okay movie. It was really crappy as an actual movie, but the special effects were PHENOMENAL back then and they still are solid today.

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    With a catch phrase like "Death from Above" how could it go wrong. Haven't seen the 2nd one, and am not to interested.

Leave a comment:

• LawDog
    replied
    Doogie Howser, Military Intelligence...

Leave a comment:

• KlasSick
    replied
    this movie was good, the violence was dope, the aliens, wouldnt call it a classic but its a nice movie to watch if u like action, but the sequel , if i had a nickel for all the tears i shed when i watched that, id have a lotta nickels

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    I always liked the first Starship Troopers. I loved how they made it look like a big advertisement. With the little commercials running throughout the movie.

"They'll fight! And they'll WIN!!"

The second one was terrible. I loaned it to my neighbor, and dont really care if he returns it, lol.

I watched the first one again the other night on one of the Sat. channels. They hacked it to bits!!! They cut out so many lines and scenes I was wondering if it was the same movie almost!

Anyways, good flick!

Leave a comment:

• ProgMatinee
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    I haven't watched this movie in a couple years so I thought I'd pop it in.

Yep

Still love it.

It seems to get better with age. At least it does with me.

I love the over-the-top violence and hillarious war propaganda.

Plus Denise Richards is pretty nice to look at.

Also, I think the effects hold up very well. The movie still looks new to me.

Here's to Starship Troopers!

Everyone fights, no one quits. DO YOU GET ME?!

As you said, its a good B-movie. The problem though was that it wasn't billed as such when it first released. This flick got tons of promotion and at the time had one of the most deep internet website promo programs I ever saw...deeper than the serenity/browncoat point system thing.

The movie was a complete bomb considering all this, and deservedly so, as its one of the worst flops ever.

The redeeming characteristics of this movie was the humorous war propaganda and the massive ground war scenes which are only rivaled by Attack of the Clones as far as sci-fi is concerned.

But non of that makes up for the decision not to follow the book more closely in both the mech (ape) suits and the civilian-citizen philosophy.

The book is one of the alltime greats.

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Now if you want to watch a really good movie.

I highly recommend Blue Velvet. That is my all-time favorite movie. Dennis Hopper is soooooooooo evil in it. Awesome movie... in fact I think I recommended it to a bunch of people in a thread somewhere around here ... it was called like what is your favorite movie or something like that..

Leave a comment:

• KnightOLB53
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawgfan
    Don't worry ... it sucked. You aren't missing anything. In fact I think it was released straight to video...
    lol yea but they were advertiseing it all on TV by me like crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Don't worry ... it sucked. You aren't missing anything. In fact I think it was released straight to video...

Leave a comment:

• KnightOLB53
    replied
    I never saw it but i heard it was extremely crappy. I was just wondering if it was true.

Leave a comment:

• mattos
    replied
    Originally posted by KnightOLB53
    And those bugs that shoot the blue plasma out of there butts.

And the only good bug is a dead bug.
    amen to that. how about the scene where the guy jumps on that bug's back and shoots a hole through it, then uses the hole as a handhold until he can chunk a grenade in it. or when the drill instructor throws a knife through the private's hand. you can't push the button if you can't use your hand. also the commercials where the kids are playing with the guns and where the teacher is laughing while the kids stomp on bugs.

i think i saw the 2nd one in blockbuster, but i've got a bad feeling about it.
    Last edited by mattos; 08-16-2005, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Originally posted by KnightOLB53
    Did you guys see the 2nd one?
    You mean the one where the Aliens took over their bodies and was really stupid and had like a zombie-alien-body-taker overer?

Also had the lady that played the Captain on the ship in the first one ( the lady ) and in this one she was a Marine or whatever ?

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    I really liked that show.

The girl that played Dez ... forgot her name. But she was in Star Trek: Nemesis.

Man she was hot in that movie... Reminds me of Middle School. There was a girl that looked just like her and behaved just like her ... that liked me.

Leave a comment:

• KnightOLB53
    replied
    Did you guys see the 2nd one?

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    I remember they had a show just like "starship troopers" but they we're little comic people. They had all the same names, guns, bugs and everything. It was pretty tight......

The movie isn't half bad either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X