The "Official Music Lover" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Official Music Lover" thread

Let's post some of our favorite types of music, artist's; exchange ideas in music, let one another know about some good tunes.

My favorite music is probably Reggae....the current King of Reggae has to be Lucky Dube.
    Originally posted by boltzpride619
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

I am all over the map

metal, blues, classic rock, new rock, smooth Jazz, classical, country. and Motown. Some R&B some hip-hop.

Don't really know much reggae other than Bob Marley, Bunny Tosh, and Black Ohuru

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

I love 80's new wave and Motorhead !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WoodlandPkPunk
        I love 80's new wave and Motorhead !!!!
        Motorhead! I love "Ace Of Spades" that song is just so rocking.

"I'm so bad, and baby I don't care......" I like that one too.

Comment

I like a little bit of every kind of music except Rap and Opera
          My staple is Bon Jovi who are "like a fine wine........they just keep getting better

Comment

why not rap or opera?

not trying to change your mind, just curious.

I used to hate opera, but seeing it live at least opened my mind to it.

I grew up with really old school rap. Like Power 99 in Philly in the early 80's old school. Kool Moe Dee, Grandmaster Flash, Run-DMC, Kwame, LL Cool J, Doug E. Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew, Erik B & Rakim, EPMD, Slick Rick, #rd Bass, etc etc etc.

yet I like Bon Jovi, so I am curious as to why you dislike these two particular forms?

This should be an interesting thread.

Comment

Jarred, I have Honestly "tried" ...listened and watched and given opera and rap a chance, maybe if I "understood" opera it would be different. As for Rap, every song "sounds " the same even if the words are different.

P.S. I grew up on the Beatles....showing my age, but I am really glad I was a kid when I was a kid, these days too much of the artists end up being a flash in the pan
              Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 11-03-2003, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoviBronco
                Jarred, I have Honestly "tried" ...listened and watched and given opera and rap a chance, maybe if I "understood" opera it would be different. As for Rap, every song "sounds " the same even if the words are different.

P.S. I grew up on the Beatles....showing my age, but I am really glad I was a kid when I was a kid, these days too much of the artists end up being a flash in the pan

Blame the short attention span of your average record buyer. When I managed at Border's, I actually had a conversation with a customer about maybe purchasing the new cd of an artist that I had remembered he purchased previously. He looked at me straight faced and said: "why would another cd from them? I already have one. I want something new and different"

I guess being a completeist is a foreign term these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                  I grew up with really old school rap. Like Power 99 in Philly in the early 80's old school. Kool Moe Dee, Grandmaster Flash, Run-DMC, Kwame, LL Cool J, Doug E. Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew, Erik B & Rakim, EPMD, Slick Rick, #rd Bass, etc etc etc.
                  Jared, youve named some classics. A few weeks ago, ESPN did one of their highlights of the week to Rakim's "Microphone Fiend", I had some kids tell me that song was "cool for an old song."

I listen to everything from Outkast to Mellencamp...from Mozart to Korn...from Donnell Jones to Rob Zombie. I dont listen to Country...thats about it...

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
                  Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
                  Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint

I listen to everything from Outkast to Mellencamp...from Mozart to Korn...from Donnell Jones to Rob Zombie. I dont listen to Country...thats about it...
                    LOL I work at a country station, of all things. I used to hate it, ut then I found, like everything else, there were artists and songs I likes, and artists and songs I disliked.

Comment

Nine Inch Nails
                      Tool
                      A Perfect Circle
                      Weezer
                      Dr. Dre/NWA
                      Outkast
                      Deftones....seeing them this weekend!
                      Radiohead
                      Johny Cash
                      Hank Williams

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Everything except country and opera. My dads a major rock fan ( aerosmith, pearl jam, pink floyd, led zeppelin) so some of that rubbed off on me. the only 'country' I semi-like are a few songs from the eagles. Im also an avid hip hop listener, so stop bashing it!
                        Last edited by Broncofan-13; 11-06-2003, 04:03 AM.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Good Charlotte, The Vines, The White Stripes, Mxpx, The Ataris, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, anything but rap.
                          it was a nice run.

Comment

I like the White Stripes.....took me a while to like them....but they are pretty good.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Ever hear of a band called Hot Hot Heat? I like them.

Comment

Working...
                              X