The "Official Music Lover" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jared
    Ever hear of a band called Hot Hot Heat? I like them.
    Haven't, describe their genre...if you don't mind.
    Originally posted by boltzpride619
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

LOL I work at a country station, of all things. I used to hate it, ut then I found, like everything else, there were artists and songs I likes, and artists and songs I disliked.
      oooh... joke time... you know what happens when you play a county song backwards?... *snickers*... you get your job, truck, and wife back!... *much loud chortling*... ...
      cyabye...
      TT...

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyAsian
        I like the White Stripes.....took me a while to like them....but they are pretty good.
        heard that... I mean, the first great number of times I'd turn to a different channel (have XM, good stuff)... but one day when I was... well, in a 'kinder' state of mind, I caught some of the words to it and I kinda dig it now, too...
        cyabye...
        TT...

Comment

what do most denver fans like?

i like 80s hardcore punk like conflict, black flag, discharge, blitz, crucifix, etc...

also, old school metal like old school metallica (master, justice, kill em all, ride) and old school iron maiden (powerslave, # of the beast, piece of mind, women n uniform, edward) etc...
          In Seal Beach, takedown wins it and take out is king.

Comment

Muse rock and you know it...although it is more English music. It's not really to your sorts of tastes...
            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse
              Muse rock and you know it...although it is more English music. It's not really to your sorts of tastes...
              *raises eyebrow ala Spock*... really?... can ya find 'em on kazaa?...
              cyabye...
              TT...

Comment

Originally posted by breTTus
                *raises eyebrow ala Spock*... really?... can ya find 'em on kazaa?...
                Yep, look for these songs:

Stockholm Syndrome
                Showbiz
                Newborn
                Space Dementia
                Citizen Erased
                Butterflies & Hurricanes

Or just buy one of their albums (although they're imports in the US)...
                Those songs I've mentioned are all gems.
                sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by portisistheman
                  Haven't, describe their genre...if you don't mind.
                  new rock band that seems to take a lot of cues from early 80's pop-rock new wave. Gary Neuman, The Cars, The Knack. Even the production values are retro. But the ironic lyrics and guitars sounds are all kind of post punk (R.E.M., The Replacements, Husker Du). Basically a modern version of a rock meets alternative pop band.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

oooh... joke time... you know what happens when you play a county song backwards?... *snickers*... you get your job, truck, and wife back!... *much loud chortling*... ...
                    Actually, country has come a long way in terms of production, and lyrical content. It is still way too earnest for my tastes usually, but at least it isn't so hokey anymore. A lot of it sounds like late 70's/early 80's pop rock with steel and slide guitars. I hear lots of the Eagles, Poco, America, James Taylor, along with some Bruce Springsteen, Journey. Then they just throw some country influences into that. Its better than that tinny sounding tear in my beer stuff. in my opinion.

I have also done sports talk, Classic Rock, new rock, and news talk.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

Actually, country has come a long way in terms of production, and lyrical content. It is still way too earnest for my tastes usually, but at least it isn't so hokey anymore. A lot of it sounds like late 70's/early 80's pop rock with steel and slide guitars. I hear lots of the Eagles, Poco, America, James Taylor, along with some Bruce Springsteen, Journey. Then they just throw some country influences into that. Its better than that tinny sounding tear in my beer stuff. in my opinion.

I hear ya, just can't help but tell that joke whenever I can... I'm a student of music (once seriously), and what you say is true... all forms have evolved, some into lesser entities... country has the small distinction of being able to move on without completely losing it's roots... it is, tho, a 'meatmarket' in the sense that just about anyone who can carry a tune with some conviction can get notice in the C&W world alot faster than just about anything else... R&B/Rap is really close in that matter, but it seems that it's usually $$$ or fame that pre-exists before you get into the 'herd' that gets heard in that genre.... when you say new rock, just what would you put in there?... or 'who' might be easier... I'll look for the above tunes and give 'em a listen as well, thanx... *rubs hands together*... gonna start talkin' tuneage... ...
                      cyabye...
                      TT...

Comment

I htink everyone can tell from my user name but other then that just about anything...
                        Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

actually the only good thing about country is that their republican and patriotic
                          In Seal Beach, takedown wins it and take out is king.

Comment

Lol too true, I cant stand country. And thankfully, nobody in my family likes it either.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan-13
                              Lol too true, I cant stand country. And thankfully, nobody in my family likes it either.
                              *chortles*... it's even funny after I read it... ... I'm a fan of the 'heavier' stuff really... been digging the hell outa Stone Sour... and Black Label Society's 'Blessed Hellride' has become kinda my personal anthem...
                              cyabye...
                              TT...

Comment

Working...
                              X