Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Day After Tomorrow (2004)

Has anyone else here seen this movie?

I saw this a couple months ago, it's like a hurricane, with lots of snow instead of water and flooding.

This movie takes a big-budget, special-effects-filled look at what the world would look like if the greenhouse effect and global warming continued at such levels that they resulted in worldwide catastrophe and disaster, including multiple hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, tidal waves, floods and the beginning of the next Ice Age. At the center of the story is a paleoclimatologist (a scientist who studies the ways weather patterns changed in the past), Professor Adrian Hall (Quaid), who tries to save the world from the effects of global warming while also trying to get to his son, Sam (Gyllenhaal), who was in New York City as part of a scholastic competition, when the city was overwhelmed by the chilling beginnings of the new Ice Age. In addition to all of the other challenges Dr. Hall faces, he's also going against the flow as humanity races south to warmer climes, and he's nearly the only one going north.

Genres: Action/Adventure, Science Fiction/Fantasy and Thriller
    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 09-03-2005, 06:31 PM.

It's a great movie....and being a winter person I say bring on the ice age.....I would happily sell my gas hog suv for a snowmobile.
    Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
      It's a great movie....and being a winter person I say bring on the ice age.....I would happily sell my gas hog suv for a snowmobile.
      Yeah but if that snow melts!.......you'll need a boat

Comment

Pretty good movie. I especially like when the cryogenic air hits the city and things are freezing instantly. Don't think anyone would survive that though, but what the heck, that's Hollywood for ya.

Comment

--- Quote from ABF thread "Ancient Mayans" ---

--- the following is an excerpt of the John Moore briefing concerning the movie "Day After Tommorrow"

Reality:
          Global warming is occurring, just as it has numerous times in the history of this planet
          Fiction;
          The last "Ice Age" was 10,000 years ago.
          Reality :
          About 3,600 years ago.
          Fiction;
          A scene in the natural history museum showing a mounted Mastodon that " died 10,000 years ago, flash frozen while eating. It had food in it's mouth and stomach at death."
          Reality:That mastodon died 3,600 years ago, flash frozen while eating tropical plant life. It was flash frozen so fast that it's eyeballs did not have time to deteriorate. Flash frozen so quickly that the meat was fresh enough to be carved up and sold for human consumption in Russian markets. Yes, there were hundreds of these animals frozen in a similar manner.
          In case the above isn't clear: Siberia went from being a tropical climate to what is now in no more than a few hours! No, it wasn't 10,000 years ago. It was 3,600 years ago ( at the same time of Moses passage out of Egypt).
          Oh yes, If you go to Northern Alaska or Canada and dig thru the Permafrost, you find tropical plants.
          I know some well-educated people that are baffled by the concept of "global warming" causing an "ice age".
          _______ --- posted by az snake fan 17 May 2005 --- ABF "Ancient Mayans"

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Great movie Jovi!

I have that one on DVD.

I'll tell ya one thing;

If tordanoes rip L.A. apart next week, I'm gettin ready!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
              --- the following is an excerpt of the John Moore briefing concerning the movie "Day After Tommorrow"

Reality:
              Global warming is occurring, just as it has numerous times in the history of this planet
              Fiction;
              The last "Ice Age" was 10,000 years ago.
              Reality :
              About 3,600 years ago.
              Fiction;
              A scene in the natural history museum showing a mounted Mastodon that " died 10,000 years ago, flash frozen while eating. It had food in it's mouth and stomach at death."
              Reality:That mastodon died 3,600 years ago, flash frozen while eating tropical plant life. It was flash frozen so fast that it's eyeballs did not have time to deteriorate. Flash frozen so quickly that the meat was fresh enough to be carved up and sold for human consumption in Russian markets. Yes, there were hundreds of these animals frozen in a similar manner.
              In case the above isn't clear: Siberia went from being a tropical climate to what is now in no more than a few hours! No, it wasn't 10,000 years ago. It was 3,600 years ago ( at the same time of Moses passage out of Egypt).
              Oh yes, If you go to Northern Alaska or Canada and dig thru the Permafrost, you find tropical plants.
              I know some well-educated people that are baffled by the concept of "global warming" causing an "ice age".
              _______ --- posted by az snake fan 17 May 2005 --- ABF "Ancient Mayans"
              Fantastic movie, and I caught that bit as well. Makes you wonder how much of the climate change is down to mankind, and how much is just part of a natural cycle.
              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Good Movie
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

It was OK.

More science fiction than anything though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                    It was OK.

More science fiction than anything though.
                    I agree. We have this DVD too. I like movies with great special effects and this one has it. The Core, Armegeddon and Deep Impact are favs as well concerning the world ending topic.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X