Who is the Best Director since 1970?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jared
    No...him movies make the most money, but I don't think he has done anything the groundbreaking in a long while. The effects and the stories in Jaws and E.T. and Close Encounters were all top notch, mostly the stories, but other than "Schindler's List", he hasn't really done anything out of the ordinary. "Schindler's List" made me angry and cry and just...it was a good movie.
    I agree, Saving Private Ryan was too commercial, I didn't like it. Thought CATCH ME IF YOU CAN was pretty good though!
    [QUOTE]
    If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

I can't decide. I like Stone, Kubrick, and I'll throw in Scorcese for his direction of Goodfellas.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
        why isn't anyone voting for Speilberg? I thought he was the best!!!!???
        I just DID !

Comment

I like Woody Allen but where is Robert Altman? I loved M*A*S*H and Gosford Park.
          Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
            I like Woody Allen but where is Robert Altman? I loved M*A*S*H and Gosford Park.
            I asked the same thing a while back.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
              I asked the same thing a while back.
              Sorry, sometimes I just skim through threads.
              Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Kubrick...Full Metal Jacket, A Clockwork Orange among others.......
                Originally posted by boltzpride619
                What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Working...
                X