Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• portisistheman
    replied
    Kubrick...Full Metal Jacket, A Clockwork Orange among others.......

Leave a comment:

• broncosbeast
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    I asked the same thing a while back.
    Sorry, sometimes I just skim through threads.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosbeast
    I like Woody Allen but where is Robert Altman? I loved M*A*S*H and Gosford Park.
    I asked the same thing a while back.

Leave a comment:

• broncosbeast
    replied
    I like Woody Allen but where is Robert Altman? I loved M*A*S*H and Gosford Park.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Originally posted by dhall26
    why isn't anyone voting for Speilberg? I thought he was the best!!!!???
    I just DID !

Leave a comment:

• Nixhex78
    replied
    I can't decide. I like Stone, Kubrick, and I'll throw in Scorcese for his direction of Goodfellas.

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied
    No...him movies make the most money, but I don't think he has done anything the groundbreaking in a long while. The effects and the stories in Jaws and E.T. and Close Encounters were all top notch, mostly the stories, but other than "Schindler's List", he hasn't really done anything out of the ordinary. "Schindler's List" made me angry and cry and just...it was a good movie.
    I agree, Saving Private Ryan was too commercial, I didn't like it. Thought CATCH ME IF YOU CAN was pretty good though!

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    No...him movies make the most money, but I don't think he has done anything the groundbreaking in a long while. The effects and the stories in Jaws and E.T. and Close Encounters were all top notch, mostly the stories, but other than "Schindler's List", he hasn't really done anything out of the ordinary. "Schindler's List" made me angry and cry and just...it was a good movie.

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hoolah
    replied
    hey I loved "The Insider" I'm just saying, most people on this site wouldn't know who Michael Mann is! I do, but then again, I know just about any director you throw at me, including Penelope Spheeris!
    Decline of the Western Civ part II? You old rock chick!

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied
    Well, it made 85 mil, so somebody must have seen it. But not popular doesn't = not good.

He also had an acting part in "Smokey and the Bandit'!!!!!! That counts for something too......or maybe not.
    hey I loved "The Insider" I'm just saying, most people on this site wouldn't know who Michael Mann is! I do, but then again, I know just about any director you throw at me, including Penelope Spheeris!

Leave a comment:

• orangenblue420
    replied
    Ted Demme and Jonathan Demme are two totally different guys.

Ted did BLOW and Airheads!

JONATHAN is the Oscar Winning director of "Something Wild" "Silence of Lambs" and "Philadelphia" he also did "Beloved" which was his worst mistake!

Edward Zwick by the way is the director of "Glory" "Legends of the Fall" and "The Last Samari"

Mike Nichols is the director of "Wolf" and other Comedies

Milos Foreman is the director of "People vs. Larry Flynt", "Man on the Moon" "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" and "Amadeus"
    My bad, damn there dhall, you still in a bad mod, heh?

I guess the reason I dont know that much about the others is cause none of those movies float my boat......

Could be one of the reason why I suck at the game Scene It too, LOL

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Oh come on now Jared, he hasn't done but a few movies and not very man people have seen "The Insider" or Glen Garry Glenn Ross!

Well, it made 85 mil, so somebody must have seen it. But not popular doesn't = not good.

He also had an acting part in "Smokey and the Bandit'!!!!!! That counts for something too......or maybe not.

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied
    This poll is too hard.

But I love every movie from Kubrick, and I can't say that about every director here.

What about Michael Mann?
    Oh come on now Jared, he hasn't done but a few movies and not very man people have seen "The Insider" or Glen Garry Glenn Ross!

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    This poll is too hard.

But I love every movie from Kubrick, and I can't say that about every director here.

What about Michael Mann? Heat, the Insider, Last of the Mohicans, Manhunter, The Thief, Ali, as well as episodes of Cheers, M*A*S*H, All in the Family and others in the 70's? He should at least be on the list, no? Also, so should Ridley Scott and Robert Altman.
    Last edited by Jared; 01-13-2004, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X