No announcement yet.

Which Band Could Mark The Y Generation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Band Could Mark The Y Generation?

WHICH BAND
    LINKIN PARK
    6.67%
    TRAPT
    6.67%
    FINCH
    0.00%
    STONE SOUR
    6.67%
    NICKELBACK
    13.33%
    THREE DOWRS DOWN
    0.00%
    THE ALL AMERICAN REJECTS
    6.67%
    SUM 41
    6.67%
    HOOBASTANK
    0.00%
    THERE ISN'T A BAND OUT THERE THAT IS DIFFERENT AND CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
    53.33%

The poll is expired.

[QUOTE]
    If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Some overrated talentless hacks.
    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

I voted for the all american wotsits, because I've just about heard of them, and they did a song I quite liked, though it escapes me now...anyone would think I were 79 not 29 with a memory like mine!
      I love Clinton, and I don't mean Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
        Some overrated talentless hacks.
        I agree with you, why didn't you vote for "Doubt they'll make a mark" choice!? Hey beast, there will not be a band like "Nirvana" for this new generation! It just won't happen!
        [QUOTE]
        If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
          I agree with you, why didn't you vote for "Doubt they'll make a mark" choice!? Hey beast, there will not be a band like "Nirvana" for this new generation! It just won't happen!
          UGh...

There all ready too many "Nirvana" bands.

I could go into how it is mostly the fault of the labels and how they do their business, but some of the fault is the deriviative sound of the bands in the last 3-5 years or so. There are some notable exceptions, but again, I don't feel up to writing a book today.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Music is getting progressively worse because people have no message, just a desire to make money. Music is now teaming up with reality TV to drag this society into the gutter.
            Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
              Music is getting progressively worse because people have no message, just a desire to make money. Music is now teaming up with reality TV to drag this society into the gutter.
              Not true. Its just the message is not as important as its vessel.

I mean, Chuck Berry, The Beatles, The Rollimng STones, et al, never had serious political messages in their music.

But when every band detunes their guitars a half or whole step, and had lyrics about how life sucks, it slike, "do any of you have any original ideas?"

So, I say good songwritng is much more important than lyrics.

There is not a whole lot of good songwritng right now.

And most teenagers do start a band because they love music, but also for money and attention from the opposite sex.. I mean, that is a universal truth I have no problems with musicians making money.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

Guess who I voted for

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                  Guess who I voted for
                  Mel Gibson?
                  [QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Jared

But when every band detunes their guitars a half or whole step, and had lyrics about how life sucks, it slike, "do any of you have any original ideas?"
                    This is why I'm a huge 311 fan. They keep their music positive and aren't hugely popular because of their original ideas. They don't sound like the normal band these days. Their live show isn't a fraud and they are incredibly good to their fans. They did a whole tour at small venues just for their fans.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                      Mel Gibson?
                      He wasnt on the list?????? How was I able to vote for him then.......damn he's good....I just wish I knew how good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                        I have no problems with musicians making money.
                        Me either. They can do what they want but their music annoys me. I'm kind of cultured and would usually prefer to listen to Bach or Mozart but I also love Stand Up comedy. Hence the words kind of cultured. When I do listen to more modern music, I would like it to not be about some fairytale romance or hot girls. It only makes people dillusional. The music I dislike the most is where some very rich, pampered people try to act like rebels. I'd prefer people who can actually sing do the singing and those who can just wail and shout to do something else. If this offends anyone, please feel free to share your opinion but don't bash me. It seems anytime anyone makes a point or says something on this board, someone is offended.
                        Last edited by broncosbeast; 01-17-2004, 05:17 PM.

Comment

I could go into how it is mostly the fault of the labels and how they do their business, but some of the fault is the deriviative sound of the bands in the last 3-5 years or so.
                          I agree there. Do you think they are more interested in an artists personality and story rather than actual talent?
                          "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by Nixhex78
                            This is why I'm a huge 311 fan. They keep their music positive and aren't hugely popular because of their original ideas. They don't sound like the normal band these days. Their live show isn't a fraud and they are incredibly good to their fans. They did a whole tour at small venues just for their fans.
                            I don't listen to a lot of rock, and I won't act like I'm a huge 311 fan, but I liked their song from a few years ago ("Come Original"). It sounded uniquely different from most rock that I hear or have heard on the radio.
                            sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

No damn difference.
                              Originally posted by boltzpride619
                              What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                              True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Working...
                              X