Which Band Could Mark The Y Generation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayhawkBronco
    I agree there. Do you think they are more interested in an artists personality and story rather than actual talent?
    Neither. They are interested if the band can sell CDs in the current marketplace, regardless of talent or story, plain and simple. The labels are not interested in signing career artists, they want hits and buzz, because that sells CDs, and that is how labels make their money.
    If a band has a great story or has soem serious talent, bonus for that band. They will probably be able to play and record as long as they wish.

There are some notable exceptions. Nettwerk in Canada has always been fiercley loyal to their acts, even when not the hot thing. They had Sarah McLachlan and helped her manage her career for a long time before she broke big in the states.

Reprise/Maverick has stayed with Barenaked Ladies and Alanis Morrisette even though they aren't getting radio play lately.

Epitaph is indie and will even allow artists to come back after trying the majors if they want. They are run by the guitarist from Bad Religion, so they are VERY artist oriented.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

THERE ISN'T A BAND OUT THERE THAT IS DIFFERENT AND CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE except for me
      Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

wheres slipknot, korn, ICP, and stained?
        sigpic

Comment

KORN, my friend was out when I was 16, back in 1992, also, Stained is just like the other bands listed and INSANE CLOWN POSSE? Come on man, give me a break, besides they debuted my first year in college, 1995-1996
          [QUOTE]
          If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
            I don't listen to a lot of rock, and I won't act like I'm a huge 311 fan, but I liked their song from a few years ago ("Come Original"). It sounded uniquely different from most rock that I hear or have heard on the radio.
            That is what is great about them. They are uniquely different. They try to seperate themselves from the norm. They "Come Original".

Comment

Linkin Park is LEGENDARY!

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                KORN, my friend was out when I was 16, back in 1992, also, Stained is just like the other bands listed and INSANE CLOWN POSSE? Come on man, give me a break, besides they debuted my first year in college, 1995-1996
                i give you the fact that most of the bands i listed are old and have been around a while. i wasnt thinking when i wrote that reply. and i just looked up slipknot and they came out in 1999 so sorry about that. trapt was a great choise though. i love the song head strong.
                sigpic

Comment

TRAPT is pretty cool, I FORGOT WHITE STRIPES!!! THEY ROCK!!!
                  [QUOTE]
                  If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                    TRAPT is pretty cool, I FORGOT WHITE STRIPES!!! THEY ROCK!!!
                    White Stripes is a horrible horrible band

Comment

Originally posted by Crazie
                      White Stripes is a horrible horrible band
                      Eh..they're ok. I like the minimalist meets punk thing.

Like if AC/DC or Hendrix had somehow been influenced by the garage and punk of the 70's and 80's.

And Meg White is...I dunno. attractive in a very odd way. Can't describe it. maybe its just cause I am a drummer too..........

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                      X