Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's the end of the world! Which 3 songs do you want to hear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the end of the world! Which 3 songs do you want to hear?

In the October issue of Q magazine there was an interesting feature called "Apocalypse Jukebox" where Sheryl Crow was asked what 10 songs she would want to hear if the world was about to end. Amongst her choices were Amazing Grace by Aretha Franklin, Yesterday by The Beatles, Hurt Johnny Cash (a song about the struggle between temptation and redemption) Every Grain of Sand Bob Dylan,(a song about mortality and the questions we ask ourselves) Willie Nelson's Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain and a few others.

So here's the situation. The end is nigh. The world is about to end in twenty minutes. Which are the final three songs you would want to hear and why?

OK here's my top three:

Heaven Help us All - Ray Charles with Gladys Knight.
    Ever since the movie Ray came out I've rediscovered his music. I've always loved soul and jazz. They sing with such passion and energy. No one does it like Ray and Gladys. Love the album Genius Loves Company from which this is taken. A very apt choice for the situation I think.

Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi. Loved this group as a teenager and especially this song off their album "Slippery when Wet" A natural progression from the 1st song to this selection I think, realising that all I can do is pray.

The Final Countdown - Europe The eighties rivals of Bon Jovi make my picks too. Not a big fan of their music and this is probably one of the few standout songs of theirs but I couldn't think of a more suitable last song to hear and to go out with a bang to!!!

Narrowly missing out on making the top three are some of my favourite songs:
    (and just incase we get a bonus twenty minutes before it's all over )
    Andrae Crouch "I've got confidence", Norah Jones's "Come away with me" and "Don't know Why", London Community Gospel Choir's "Precious Lord" and Bob Marley's "No Woman no Cry".

Oh yes - and it the end of the world happens to occur in the ninth month of the year I shall substitute one of my choices for Green Day's "Wake me up When September Ends!"

Comment

Only 3???

I agree with your..

Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
      and
      Green Day's "Wake me up When September Ends
      and will add....

HELP or Yesterday by the Beatles.

Comment

That's a tough one.

Tears In Heaven- Eric Clapton

Sweet Child of Mine- G'N'R

Stairway to Heaven- Led Zeppelin

Nearly impossible for me to choose.
        Last edited by Invesco; 09-24-2005, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
          OK here's my top three:

Heaven Help us All - Ray Charles with Gladys Knight.
          Ever since the movie Ray came out I've rediscovered his music. I've always loved soul and jazz. They sing with such passion and energy. No one does it like Ray and Gladys. Love the album Genius Loves Company from which this is taken. A very apt choice for the situation I think.

Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi. Loved this group as a teenager and especially this song off their album "Slippery when Wet" A natural progression from the 1st song to this selection I think, realising that all I can do is pray.

The Final Countdown - Europe The eighties rivals of Bon Jovi make my picks too. Not a big fan of their music and this is probably one of the few standout songs of theirs but I couldn't think of a more suitable last song to hear and to go out with a bang to!!!

Narrowly missing out on making the top three are some of my favourite songs:
          (and just incase we get a bonus twenty minutes before it's all over )
          Andrae Crouch "I've got confidence", Norah Jones's "Come away with me" and "Don't know Why", London Community Gospel Choir's "Precious Lord" and Bob Marley's "No Woman no Cry".

Oh yes - and it the end of the world happens to occur in the ninth month of the year I shall substitute one of my choices for Green Day's "Wake me up When September Ends!"

Ditto for both of you with "Wake Me Up When September Ends."

Good song right there.

Comment

Boom - P.O.D.

Amazing Grace

The Dance --- Garth Brooks

Comment

Here are some selections the Optimist might choose!

Life on Mars? - David Bowie

I will Survive - Gloria Gaynor

Back to Life - Soul II Soul

or if you're just in plain denial how about:

What a wonderful world - Louis Armstrong

or

Live Forever - Oasis

Comment

some live version of DMB jamming two step for 30 minutes.

jethro tull's 45 minute version of thick as a brick.

and since i've already got been alive about an hour longer than the rest of you, i'll go out with a nice classic version of it is well with my soul
                sigpic
                go broncos
                share the sidewalk
                liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                  some live version of DMB jamming two step for 30 minutes.

jethro tull's 45 minute version of thick as a brick.

and since i've already got been alive about an hour longer than the rest of you, i'll go out with a nice classic version of it is well with my soul
                  Smart choices. However you might have gotten even more of an "extension" if you'd opted for Wagner's "ring cycle".

On the other hand faced with sitting through all that for 15 hours even an opera lover like myself might welcome death as the easiest option!

Comment

rock and role part2 by the patriots fans cuase they do it the best.

the nfl theme tune

and of course the irish national anthem
                    SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
                    Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

Just a couple oldies.....by Bobby Darin:

Good-bye Cruel World
                      (I'm off to join the circus)

Cry Like A Baby
                      (in the darkness of my room)
                      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X