Best Arcade Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Arcade Game?

MY VOTE GOES TO MY FAVORITE: GALAGA!!, GALAGA!!, GALAGA!!
    PAC MAN
    25.00%
    GALAGA
    33.33%
    CENTIPEDE
    0.00%
    DIG DUG
    8.33%
    RAMPAGE
    8.33%
    ASTEROIDS
    0.00%
    SPACE INVADERS
    0.00%
    POLE POSITION
    8.33%
    KANGAROO
    0.00%
    JOUST
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

[QUOTE]
    If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Re: Best Arcade Game?

Originally posted by dhall26
    MY VOTE GOES TO MY FAVORITE: GALAGA!!, GALAGA!!, GALAGA!!
    good choice. I personally favor Robotron. Although Tempest was also very cool.

I used to have an awesome video emulator, mame32 it was called. It was great having all the old arcade games on my PC.

Oh Ya I forgot...Joust.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: Re: Best Arcade Game?

Originally posted by pikman
      good choice. I personally favor Robotron. Although Tempest was also very cool.

I used to have an awesome video emulator, mame32 it was called. It was great having all the old arcade games on my PC.

Oh Ya I forgot...Joust.
      Where can I get the old arcade games to put on my PC? I've downloaded a few, but I still can't find Galaga or Joust to put on my PC!
      [QUOTE]
      If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Best Arcade Game?

Originally posted by dhall26
        Where can I get the old arcade games to put on my PC? I've downloaded a few, but I still can't find Galaga or Joust to put on my PC!
        here is the link to the emulator: http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32/

There is another site where you go get the games but it has been a while. I'll do some digging and get you that link.
        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best Arcade Game?

Originally posted by pikman
          here is the link to the emulator: http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32/

There is another site where you go get the games but it has been a while. I'll do some digging and get you that link.
          Thanks Pik, yeah I've been searching the net for awhile now! Like I said, I got a hold of Pac-Man, Kangaroo, and Food Fight for download on my PC, and just last month I found a download for Castlevania! (loved that game)!
          [QUOTE]

Comment

Well I grew up a poor white girl so I didnt have much access to video games (whoa is me.....) LOL

But I kicked ass in Pole Position ( I wonder if that's why I drive like that in real life today?????) So thats what I voted for, I liked Pac Man to, its fun to go to a bard that has the table top variety of the video games and get blasted and try to beat your friends, its not as easy when youre a little tipsy, but its hella fun.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
              Well I grew up a poor white girl so I didnt have much access to video games (whoa is me.....) LOL

But I kicked ass in Pole Position ( I wonder if that's why I drive like that in real life today?????) So thats what I voted for, I liked Pac Man to, its fun to go to a bard that has the table top variety of the video games and get blasted and try to beat your friends, its not as easy when youre a little tipsy, but its hella fun.
              you'd be a good time to party with.
              mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

Comment

A Vote for Kangaroo would be nice!!! That was one fun game!! I even had the shoes! Lol!
                [QUOTE]

Comment

I always liked dig-dug. The whole concept of blowing the baddies up like balloons until they exploded was cool.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by GoDenver
                    you'd be a good time to party with.

Thanks, I like to think so....

Well I am gonna go to a game next year, no doubt, it has been to long since my last, I wanna have FUN FUN FUN and wanna hook up with some of my favs from here and have the time of my life

To stay on topic, I have asteroids (or generic version thereof) on my cell phone.....my how far we have come.......

Comment

what about sini-STAR?

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Galaga, we just got this thing that you plug into the tv and you can play all the Atari games on it, it even comes with the Atari joystick.

Comment

Joust. Like I mentioned on the other arcade thread, I love games where you cooperate with a friend or younger brother. A couple of years ago my brother rented an arcade compilation game with Joust on it for the Playstation when we were visiting our mother.

Keep in mind that we act strange sometimes (every family is eccentric in one way or another ). When one of us would lose our last life, the other would yell, "BROTHER, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Then we would fly off in a rage a kill the unfortunate jouster who killed me or my brother. After the deed was done, I (or my bro) would pause the game, bow our head, and whisper something like, "Brother, you have been avenged...."

That may have been TMI, but I had to share that. I still laugh pretty hard when I think about it.
                          sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Pacman I liked the cartoon as well.

Comment

Best Arcade Game.......

Because we just can't have enough threads titled the same thing...Geesh!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X