• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Sports Movie?

Mine is Field Of Dreams...

What's yours?

"Hoosiers"--- ("I love you guys"....)

Comment

friday night lights-becuase unlike most football movies this one has alot more football then talking.and its a true story which is cool.

i also really like remember the titans,becuase it tells a great story
      SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
      Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

I loved the cinematography in Any Given Sunday, and Titans was a damn fine film!
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Are you kidding me Alan. Remember the Titans blows Friday night lights clean out of the water. With both being based on true stories it came down to who could tell the story better. And in my opinion there is no better actor in that sort of role than Denzel Washington. Plus the general acting it remember the titans was alot better, with a stronger cast. Dont get me wrong I liked FNL but its just not in the same class. Coach Carter was another good sports movie.
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I believe when it comes to sports movies, baseball blows football out of the water. I have no football movies among my top 10 films of alltime, but at least 2 baseball movies (Field of Dreams and Bull Durham.) Heck, I even have a few boxing movies rated high (Raging Bull and Rocky) and I can't stand that sport.

Now, back to the original point of the thread...

Field of Dreams

Comment

Mine is Any Given Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                Are you kidding me Alan. Remember the Titans blows Friday night lights clean out of the water. With both being based on true stories it came down to who could tell the story better. And in my opinion there is no better actor in that sort of role than Denzel Washington. Plus the general acting it remember the titans was alot better, with a stronger cast. Dont get me wrong I liked FNL but its just not in the same class. Coach Carter was another good sports movie.
                i agree titans tells a much better story and has much better acting,its just FNL shows alot more football
                SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
                Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

You know what another good one is...
                  The Sandlot.

Comment

Oh man, without a doubt it's The Program. Latimer is a beast!!

Comment

Alright I'm going to get more specific....

Best Football Movie: Any Given Sunday

Best Baseball Movie: Field of Dreams

Best Basketball Movie: Hoosiers

Best Hockey Movie: Miracle

Best Billiards Movie: The Color Of Money

Best Poker Movie: Rounders

Comment

I'd have to say it's a toss up between Titans and Friday Night Lights. Being a player myself they both showed a truer side to football. Any Given Sunday and Varisty Blues are the movies I watch to get pumped before a game, but some of the things in them aren't very real. Texas football is that intense though.
                        Miricle would have to be a close second to Titans and FNL. I got excited when i watched it and I've never even played hockey.
                        sigpic
                        What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

while I didn't hold out much hope for it (as I'm not to big on Ben Stiller movies)

DODGEBALL
                          President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                          I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

What no Major League or Wildcats fans?
                            The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos04Champs
                              Best Hockey Movie: Miracle
                              Better than Slap Shot? I never saw Miracle so I'm honestly asking more than critiquing. Also, in your list your forgot best golf movie: Caddyshack

Comment

Working...
                              X