dont go see Doom the movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont go see Doom the movie

just saw Doom today thought i'd warn some who might be going to see it.

ive played the game so i new what to expect but without spoiling it, i thought it was very disappointing. theyve changed the plot of what the demons/monsters, whatever you wanna call em, to human made bio-engineered. that ruined it for me.

i was kicking myself for not walking out when it ended.

just a heads up.
    sigpic

Originally posted by silver_black
    just saw Doom today thought i'd warn some who might be going to see it.

ive played the game so i new what to expect but without spoiling it, i thought it was very disappointing. theyve changed the plot of what the demons/monsters, whatever you wanna call em, to human made bio-engineered. that ruined it for me.

i was kicking myself for not walking out when it ended.

just a heads up.
    What about people who have never played the game, would they like it? I mean if they aren't expecting it to be modeled after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Reidman
      What about people who have never played the game, would they like it? I mean if they aren't expecting it to be modeled after the game.
      good question. you definitely dont need to have played the game to follow or "get" whats going on.

i wasnt expecting much but i kept thinking i'd be more into the movie since i have played the game.

my opinion is that if you just see it for the movie it is (and not the bad ass game it was) it might be even worse.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silver_black
        good question. you definitely dont need to have played the game to follow or "get" whats going on.

i wasnt expecting much but i kept thinking i'd be more into the movie since i have played the game.

my opinion is that if you just see it for the movie it is (and not the bad ass game it was) it might be even worse.
        what a disappointment....i really thought it would be good...i'll go see it anyway. Heck, i might like it. But doom was Bad A. especially doom 3. I have that on PC and xbox

not to mention all the old doom games

much thanks to snk16 for the awesome sigs

today that respect is being forgotten because of the modern stuff....we forget that we are all human beings--Arapaho

Comment

I thought Doom was good, just got back a few hours ago from watching it. I enjoyed the movie, the first person part was just bad ass
          Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

Working...
          X