favorite Scary Movie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorite Scary Movie.

What's your favorite scary movie I know I know I sound like the Killer in Scream but seriously what is your favorite. Mine is all of The Halloweens.
    sigpic
    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

I'm not that into horror movies, because most of them don't have good plots to go along with the scary stuff.

That being said, no question what my favorite horror film is...

The Shining

The characters are all so dull, and it almost lulls you to sleep, but you know something crazy is building up... the cinematogrophy is beautiful, one of my favorite Kubrick movies.

Comment

The book of The Shining is way better than Kubrick's version. Also Christine (the book) way better than the movie.

However

Scream (the 1st one, my BF had huge bruises on his arms from where I kept grabbing him)
      Silence of the Lambs (freaked me out at the cinema)
      Event Horizon (the 1st time I saw this, I couldn't sleep afterwards, not scary the 2nd time though. Interesting theory that everyones idea of hell is their worst situation imaginable)
      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
      I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Thee scariest ever... and my favorite....

The Excorcist

And the latest player to be bought for the right price from Boston....

Johnny Damon

Comment

Not really that scary but the plot is kind of messed up.

Final Destination... the idea of death somehow stalking you to follow a set plan.

Veerrrry Ooooooky!
          The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

I DO NOT like those Clown and possessed doll movies.
            As for a favorite I find it hard to choose just one.

The Body Snatcher's is one that comes into my little mind though.
            (That could realy happen!)
            And many others.

Comment

To be honest the majority of modern 'gore-fest' sfx driven horror movies leave me pretty bored, for emotion I actually prefer the old Lugusi & Cushing B&W jobs that leave the majority oif the fright to the imagination.

However I would have to say that I liked Event Horizon & loved Alien, as for large periods of time the 'horror' is either unseen or only fleetingly glanced at.
              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Nightmare on Elm Street
                "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                  Not really that scary but the plot is kind of messed up.

Final Destination... the idea of death somehow stalking you to follow a set plan.

Veerrrry Ooooooky!
                  Yep, you just watched whole thing (and the 2nd one) saying, "here goes, he's soooo gonna die, no? This time, no? this time? Ouch, That's gonna leave a mark!"
                  President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                  I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBroncoMan
                    Thee scariest ever... and my favorite....

The Excorcist
                    I second that.
                    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

I just watched Saw last night ( the first one ) and was pretty freaked out.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                        I just watched Saw last night ( the first one ) and was pretty freaked out.
                        Man that movie aint scary. its freakin awsome but its not scary. and Land of the Dead isnt scary either but the blood and guts was kick ass. like on most movies it wont actually show somebody like chopping there leg off or something like that. but they do in this movie my favorite part was when one of the guys gets his face ripped off its freakin awsome.
                        the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

We justed watched The Fog last night. Not that scary but I dreamt about it. lol. I don't like those doll ones either. Chucky. Also that Leprechaun one is so stupid it's funny.

But I think my old school favorite is Maniac.

But more recent feardotcom and The Ring one and twO
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Anything with Julia Roberts...ooo, except pretty woman, that's my fav!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
                              The book of The Shining is way better than Kubrick's version. Also Christine (the book) way better than the movie.

However

Scream (the 1st one, my BF had huge bruises on his arms from where I kept grabbing him)
                              Silence of the Lambs (freaked me out at the cinema)
                              Event Horizon (the 1st time I saw this, I couldn't sleep afterwards, not scary the 2nd time though. Interesting theory that everyones idea of hell is their worst situation imaginable)
                              How could you think any of those movies are scary???????????
                              the space that is mine

Comment

Working...
                              X