Star wars question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star wars question...

Why is it that yoda needs a cane to walk, but he can do flips and kick a$$ on a drop of a dime? I didnt understand that...

PS it was a good movie (the 3rd episode)I watched it last night...
    ---IZAAK

Originally posted by IZAAK
    Why is it that yoda needs a cane to walk, but he can do flips and kick a$$ on a drop of a dime? I didnt understand that...

He uses the Force to power his moves. It takes a lot of his energy, however. Thus, he uses the cane to walk physically, but when he needs to call upon the Force, he is so close to it, that he can do all those flips because he is so experianced and "intimate" with the force.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

It's all about misleading the opponent! You come across some short green dude with a cane and you have to be thinking "I am soooooo gonna kick his arse!", and what happens?
      Yoda spanks you from here to next Christmas!

Yoda be the 'man'!
      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
      I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

*Walking is a lot more difficult than doing a triple backflip with a light sabre rocking back and forth at Mach 3 speeds.................
        *Yoda is just faking his true abilities with the cane to sucker the Dark Side fools into thinking he is slow and old...................

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
          He uses the Force to power his moves. It takes a lot of his energy, however. Thus, he uses the cane to walk physically, but when he needs to call upon the Force, he is so close to it, that he can do all those flips because he is so experianced and "intimate" with the force.
          This is what I was going to say. Walking without the force is difficult for him, but when he uses the force he has no need to use a cane and can kick just about anybody's a$$. If he used the force 24/7 he wouldn't need the cane.

Comment

I guess that all makes sense...

PS Yoda is by far the coolest "thing" in any universe
            ---IZAAK

Comment

That one's easy vitimans
              Long live the Broncos
              Member of lagpa.

Thanks Reid!
              My adopt-a-bronco!!! I used to be very proud now that has all changed. Now I am perfect!
              John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

I guess that all makes sense...

PS Yoda is by far the coolest "thing" in any universe
                lol I like Yoda in the IV-VI, they used a puppet thing not computer animation and IMO looked more realistic in IV-VI just because he fit in.....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
                  lol I like Yoda in the IV-VI, they used a puppet thing not computer animation and IMO looked more realistic in IV-VI just because he fit in.....
                  Same here; I definitely preferred the puppet. But to be fair, there was no way in hell they were getting a puppet to do all those scenes.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by broncolitis
                    That one's easy vitimans
                    If it's so easy, why don't you answer the question?

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                    2. Taxes
                    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

His cane is known as a gimmer stick. In many of the books there are mentions he would chew on it (thoughtfully, if I remember correctly). I looked around and there's a premise that the stick or the nutrients inside it are medicinal.

It's a source of sustenance, after a fashion, that he also uses as a cane.

I do also think he uses it as such and even appears to (or does) rely on it as a way of allowing everyone to underestimate him.
                      Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

I think he has a torn ACL.

And the latest player to be bought for the right price from Boston....

Johnny Damon

Comment

hahaha....nice.......it's soul purpose is to keep his street cred....he's a pimp baby...check out his latest rap ....
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...26365200963792

Comment

Originally posted by kcjrfan
                            hahaha....nice.......it's soul purpose is to keep his street cred....he's a pimp baby...check out his latest rap ....
                            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...26365200963792
                            Yoda rocks

If the films are a little too long for available time you can always try this:

Star Dudes: Episode I The Phantom Dude
                            The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                            BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                            You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Remember it is not the size of the cane, but the size of the weilder.

"Hmmm Cane will I not need, for your butt will I still kick!"
                              The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X