No announcement yet.

Star wars question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought everyone knew that he had to use the Force to move around the way he does when he fights. It's obvious how worn out and drained he is after every fight...
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

And here all this time, I thought the cane was his broken light saver.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Actually, I read somewhere, that Yoda's cane, was some sort of food? I heard that he carries it around, and can suck or bite on it and it'll give him nutrition and food.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
        2. Taxes
        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
          Actually, I read somewhere, that Yoda's cane, was some sort of food? I heard that he carries it around, and can suck or bite on it and it'll give him nutrition and food.
          I think that was something that didnt make the final script cut for Empire, although I can't find anything official to back it up.

What I've found would suggest that the smaller gimer twigs could be used for nutrition, but not necessarily his cane.

I also wonder how much of his usage of the cane was a bit of kidology,

'Awwww look at the little green alien with his walking stick..................Damn, he kicked my ass!'
          The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
          BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
          You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

since the first question seems answered, i've got another one: how come, despite all sorts of flips and super jumps and climbing etc throughout the whole movie, once obie won (my apologies if i butchered the spelling there) got on ground about 5 feet higher than anakin, anakin couldn't do anything but get his legs cut off? that's despite the fact that throughout the fight one had been higher than the other at various times over and over. i think they should have just left the "give up, i've got the higher ground" line out and just implied that obie won beat him straight up; maybe b/c his anger clouded his judgment or something to that effect.
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk
            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
              since the first question seems answered, i've got another one: how come, despite all sorts of flips and super jumps and climbing etc throughout the whole movie, once obie won (my apologies if i butchered the spelling there) got on ground about 5 feet higher than anakin, anakin couldn't do anything but get his legs cut off? that's despite the fact that throughout the fight one had been higher than the other at various times over and over. i think they should have just left the "give up, i've got the higher ground" line out and just implied that obie won beat him straight up; maybe b/c his anger clouded his judgment or something to that effect.
              I think that, Obi Wan knew he was on the edge of the 'solid' ground. The droid that they'd been fighting on was drifting back into the lava flow and to get over Obi Wan would have pushed Anakin's abilities. Interesting that at that point Obi Wan still didn't really want to kill Anakin, he knew exactly what he would be forced to do (It's called reading his script !)
              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

I think Obi-Wan was speaking tactically but on a couple of different levels.

First, its always advantageous to be on higher ground. He had the higher ground, but he also had more solid footing and was facing both his opponent as well as the extraneous hazard (the lava, as opposed to Anakin who was pretty much in it, but at the very least, having it at his back).

But personally, I also think he meant that he had the upper hand in the fight, man to man. They'd fought to a standstill, but with the light side of the Force flowing through him, he could fight better longer. Anakin, with the dark side flowing through him, would eventually let his aggressiveness and frustration get the better of him and would make a mistake.

Of course, the REAL reason is that the fight had to end somehow and that was the way Lucas decided to end it. Really, there are a half dozen or more ways Anakin could have not attacked as he had, but could have regained some measure of equality in the fight (tactically, I mean) and re-engaged.
                Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
                  My post in this thread, #11?
                  Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch
                    My post in this thread, #11?
                    I feel really stupid now.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                    2. Taxes
                    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by IZAAK
                      Why is it that yoda needs a cane to walk, but he can do flips and kick a$$ on a drop of a dime? I didnt understand that...

PS it was a good movie (the 3rd episode)I watched it last night...
                      It is an old Jedi mine trick.
                      Emancipate your mind!
                      The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                        I think that, Obi Wan knew he was on the edge of the 'solid' ground. The droid that they'd been fighting on was drifting back into the lava flow and to get over Obi Wan would have pushed Anakin's abilities. Interesting that at that point Obi Wan still didn't really want to kill Anakin, he knew exactly what he would be forced to do (It's called reading his script !)
                        Originally posted by Eldritch
                        But personally, I also think he meant that he had the upper hand in the fight, man to man. They'd fought to a standstill, but with the light side of the Force flowing through him, he could fight better longer. Anakin, with the dark side flowing through him, would eventually let his aggressiveness and frustration get the better of him and would make a mistake.

Of course, the REAL reason is that the fight had to end somehow and that was the way Lucas decided to end it. Really, there are a half dozen or more ways Anakin could have not attacked as he had, but could have regained some measure of equality in the fight (tactically, I mean) and re-engaged.
                        right, it seems to me anakin could have just jumped to the side instead of trying to go over obi wan's head. but yeah, it had to end sometime.
                        sigpic
                        go broncos
                        share the sidewalk
                        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Working...
                        X