• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name your favorite song from the 80's

White Wedding - Billy Idol
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

This is a tough one. 80's music was my favorite. It was an era with it all. Heavy Metal big hair bands, pop music you could really dance to and country music up and coming with people like Garth Brooks, Alabama and George Strait leading the way. It is hard to pick just one but these songs were favs from the pop/rock scene:

Let's Go All The Way - Sly Fox

She's A Beauty - The Tubes

The Look - Roxette

But then Billy Squier, Pat Benatar, Van Halen, AC/DC on and on and on.... so many rock bands with great music.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Pour some sugar on me-Def Leppard

Comment

The entire soundtack from the Wedding Singer?

I think so
        Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Faithfully..........................Journey

Comment

The Clash "Rock the Casbah"!
            A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Napoleon Dynamite Soundtrack is sweet................

Comment

Anything by a hair band.

Comment

U2 - Desire

Comment

Thrilleeer

:salute:

Comment

Thriller!

Good Call, Dude!

So, whenever THRILLER came out, I was hanging at KNICK'S a lot. Well, they also installed a full length movie screen right about then. Dude, I can not tell you what it was like in 1987, to be out at the bar, stylin', slamming back kamikazes or sex on the beach in a white dress. It was a time of Miami Vice, I did used to sport 2 days of stubble, and a tight sports jacket with the sleeves pushed up above the elbows!

In any case, put yourself back there. No cell phones (other than those huge, expensive, unreliable shoe box sized monsters) before AIDS, Billy Idol, The Australian bands, David Bowie wanted us to wear red shoes and dance, you get it... late 1980's.

I only heard a song or two from Michael's album THRILLER. I was at the club, right at 9:00 PM Friday night, for the first time ever, they lowered that full length wallscreen, and projected Michael jackson's Thriller video! I stood motionless by the bar at first. I was stunned. I had never seen the likes of such a thing in a bar. Right on the far side of the dance floor, there was the new video! And THRILLER! What a video! This was way before there was a hint of child abuse. Michael was like an old friend come home! That was an intense night! I had an apartment nearby on Quincy Ave. We brought a party home that night. I saw her twice more, but I can not now remember her name. What a night! What a memory! A moment in time!
                      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Must have been written for me:&gt

Runaway~BonJovi

When that song came out I was far away from home(Colorado)for stoopid reason's, not very happy and never really had a Father.
                        But I decided some how I will get through all of this and be strong.

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
                          I only heard a song or two from Michael's album THRILLER.
                          I have never listened to a Michael Jackson album in my life. If I ever have listened to any Michael Jackson song from start to finish, it was because I was in a bar or something and had no choice and I have no memory of it. Never have been a Michael Jackson fan.

Comment

Originally posted by tough-guy
                            I have never listened to a Michael Jackson album in my life. If I ever have listened to any Michael Jackson song from start to finish, it was because I was in a bar or something and had no choice and I have no memory of it. Never have been a Michael Jackson fan.

Whether you like MJ or not, Thriller was one of the best album's ever made. Still is to this day.

Comment

Party at Ground Zero-Fishbone

Comment

Working...
                              X