Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most memorable concert or live music show

that you have seen, and why?

The one that stands out to me persoanlly is the one that I missed thanks to Mr. Jose, a Metallica solo show... went to the drunk tank instead...
    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

My best memory is an easy one.

I had front row center for John Cougar Mellencamp's Rain on the Scarecrow tour and he pulled me on stage to sing Pink Houses with him in front of 12,000 people at the old McNichols arena. My moment of greatness.

I have also met REO Speedwagon, The Scorpions, Mick Fleetwood and the drummer from Poison Rikki Rocket.

STYX had a stage show that was incredible as well as ELO. So many memories. I have each and every ticket stub since 1978 and I have attended 238 concerts since then.

Another subject that I could go on and on about.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I'd have to say my most memorable one would be when I say Jimmy Page and Robert Plant at the Dump that is Kemper arena. I was simply amazing. Rock legends, they had a mini symphony with them to do Kashmir. It rocked! I'll never forget it.

Comment

THE MTV HALFTIME SHOW 2004 OF COURSE!!!!
        [QUOTE]
        If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Muse Live @ Wembley Arena...they're playing at Lollapalooza this year: look out for them.

sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

The Hysteria tour by Def Leppard when Steve Clark was still their lead guitar.

Rolling Stones Bridges of Babylon: Classic band to see even old.

Amnesty International: Peter Gabriel / Sting / Springsteen

Bowie: Sound & Vision Tour
            The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Bon Jovi, Albany Pepsi center March 3rd last year since it was my first Jovi concert finally! after 20 years!!
              Saratoga August 3rd last year was just as good, I never thought I would get that close to Jon!!!:p

Comment

I have been to shows all over the West, (mostly Reggae) and while some of the shows I have seen regularly exceed 15 to 20,000 people (Reggae on the River), the one that stands out in my mind as an intensely spiritual and vibrant experience and one that I will never forget, happened at a little show in Salt Lake City.

It was Culture. The date was in February after the 9-11 attacks in a small club called The Safari Club.

I was lucky enough to party with the lead guitarist at the time, Robin and Kenyatta Hill, Joseph Hill's son. Joseph Hill is aka "Culture".

The energy in the club was unreal. Everyone was on such an emotional high and dancing at a fevered pace , it was incredible. The music and serenade was up to task. It had every single person literally in a trance....a dancing frenzy.

The roar from the crowd (which could not have exceeded 150 people max) was unbelieveable and was louder than the band!!!! There was a SUSTAINED roar form the crowd for the better part of 10 minutes, until Culture re-took the stage for the encore. I could not even hear people trying to talk to me by shouting directly in my ear. The volume from 150 frenzied people shouting at the top of their lungs was intensely emotional and very soul-touching.

I feel that the people needed this release and that was one of the reasons for the incredible response Culture recieved. I guarantee if you asked Joseph Hill about that night, to this day, he would remember.

An incredible show and a incredible experience, that despite its relatlively small setting, will stay with me forever.

Like I said, I have heard the roar of 20,000 before...hell, 75,000 for that matter, (Invesco)....

For that one night in Salt Lake City...I can't ever remember having my senses completely engulfed in emotion and in volume the way they were on that magical night.
                Last edited by RunByDesign; 02-13-2004, 04:41 PM.
                Originally posted by boltzpride619
                What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

My first concert was very memorable because I got to see Guns n Roses blow Aerosmith off the stage during their first tour. Saw that one at Sandstone in KC.

The funnest concert I ever went to was LA Guns and Gilby Clarke at the Buffalo Rose in Golden, CO. Many beers, babes and craziness. Small place, great crowd.
                  "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Ironically, my most memorable concert is one of which I remember very little! Iron Maiden, with .38 Special opening. All sorts of noxious liquids were passed around between friends and strangers, and then recollection gets spotty. I know that at one point, I was waaaay up there in the mezzanine, and the next thing I knew, I was standing directly in front of the stage. No idea how I got there. No idea how I lost sight of my friends temporarily. No idea how all four of us ended up backstage. No idea how I got home either. But I became acquainted with people with whom I've stayed in contact ever since and hope to see when I go back to London (possibly late summer or fall).

Comment

dhall as usual you have given us a lame answer.

bcollin, I remeber camping out for Van Halen in 1979 i think it was when they made their debut on their first album at Balch Field House on the CU campus. I was literally deaf for days after that.

Stevie Nicks doing her HBO special at Red Rocks. THAT was too cool.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Matchbox Twenty (hands down).

And Michael W. Smith and Third Day.
                        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I have seen over 170 shows ( I lost track)

Mighty Mighty Bosstones at Tink's in Scranton. I got to sing a few lines on stage before stagediving into the crowd.

Metallica on the "And Justice for All Tour" with Queensryche opening in Bethlehem, PA

Barenaked Ladies, New Years' Eve 1999/2000 in Buffalo with Doug Flutie on drums for a bit

Also saw the above mentioned "Permanent Vacation" tour by Aerosmith when GNR were still openers and GNR destroyed Aerosmith.

Soundgarden at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia. They were already big time and they played a club. It was an AWESOME show

Just some highlights off of the top of my head.
                          Last edited by Jared; 02-18-2004, 03:38 PM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

Comment

Shawn Cassidy - I was like 5 and he was my idol, it ruled!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Without question it was Creed on their Weathered Tour....only time I saw them but it was incredible!!! Creed's music and Scott Stapps lyrics in particular really spoke to me at a time that I really needed it. Only three words to describe the experience....Creed Absolutely Rocked!!! Their music was made to be played in an indoor arena and blow the roof off it. I know alot of people didn't care for Creed but their music touched me in a very powerful and positive way. I truly believed God used Scott Stapp's life to reach others who could identify with in the indepth lyrics that came from his struggles. If you ever get a chance to see them live....DO IT!

Comment

Working...
                              X