No announcement yet.

Calling All Musicians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhhh....I play guitar, bass, drums, piano, and harmonica. I play them all pretty well too, but guitar is my main instrument. I'm going to music college in the fall, with aspirations to be a producer.

I like all kinds of music....my favorite musician is probably Hendrix.

Claim to fame? Well, I play in a band with a 16 year old who went into a contest for best drummer (any age) in San Francisco, and he got 3rd. He is UNBELIEVABLE. I guess that it's though.....I hope to have more later in life!

Comment

Hah. All you trumpet players' accomplishments means nothing! I got a World Championship for mine!

1st chair (well I should be 1st, he hasn't posted them, yet) trumpet in High school.

Anyway, I'm a 8-year trumpet player, learning to play contra (it's the REAL marching tuba, not that sousaphone junk) for a Drum & Bugle Corps!
      sigpic

Comment

so u march with the cadets then?
        Any coach who listens to fans is going to be sitting with them pretty soon. - Bobby Bowden

Comment

Originally posted by AvsFan26
          Alright folks, im starting a thread to find all the musicians out there. so heres what to do. State ur instrument, favoirte style of music to play, and one claim to fame u have musically. i'll start

I play trumpet

I like Symphony

Im in Colorado All State Orchestra this year.
          Hi !

I play synths & piano and some drums... I played in a Pop-Rock band several years ago

My fav style of music is Pop-rock (especially British one.. Some stuff such as U2, Depeche Mode, Beatles, Queen, etc...)

Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Im learnin guitar and I do vocals as well.
            My favorite music to play is rock, but I love jazz, the blues, and classical music too.
            Its hard to keep a band together on an army base though...

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

I play the piano. I enjoy symphony and clasical but mostly what I play are hymns for my church. My clain to fame would be the fact that I had my picture on the front page of the paper for the third largest city in wyoming after giving a recital. If you know anything about Wyoming you know that the city is Rock Springs and the pop. is only about ten thousand. I lived in a town 45 miles away at the time with a pop. of 365 so it's not much but it's my claim to fame.
              Long live the Broncos
              Member of lagpa.

Thanks Reid!
              My adopt-a-bronco!!! I used to be very proud now that has all changed. Now I am perfect!
              John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

so u march with the cadets then?
                That's DCI. I march with DCA, and my medal says 2005 World Champion.
                sigpic

Comment

Played saxophone (alto and then tenor) for all of my school years, but couldn't keep jazz band in my busy high school schedule. Never knew anything but first chair. Played tenor in the "pep band" in college. A close-up of my mug even made its way on to tv during a nationally televised game between certain rival institutions. (AZ, I'm sure you were watching. ) A measly claim to fame, I know.

My sax playing is ancient history though.

I'm now a guitar man. Mostly rock/bluegrass/folk/reggae fusion stuff that I make up. I prefer my acoustics, but I'll break out the strat when I feel the need to shake the foundation. I jam with a few friends and relatives whenever I can.

I also "play" the piano. Never had a lesson or anything, but I inherited it from my grandparents because I was the only one that played it and I love to mess around on it. Would love to be better though.

AZ, you jammed with Tosh and Marley?!?!? Now, THAT'S cool!!!

Winter is Coming!

Comment

gotta agree. AZ is officialy the most awesome musician on this thread. So who do u march for vulcan?
                    Any coach who listens to fans is going to be sitting with them pretty soon. - Bobby Bowden

Comment

Alright folks, im starting a thread to find all the musicians out there. so heres what to do. State ur instrument, favoirte style of music to play, and one claim to fame u have musically. i'll start

I play trumpet

I like Symphony

Im in Colorado All State Orchestra this year.
                      I PLAY ALL TENOR BRASS but my main INSTR. is the TROMBONE

I like JAZZ, BLUES, ORCHESTRAL, SKA, BIG BAND.

I play in the CALIFORNIA JR PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA (PRINCIPAL CHAIR)
                      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Last time I posted on this thread all I played was the piano. Well today I got a guitar and a harmonica. The harmonica is very simillar to the piano so I picked it up already. No I'm not saying I'm good but I can play the thing well enough to get a tune out. The guitar is another story. The body is good but the strings are junk!!! So when I tuned it the string broke!!!!!!! So I guess I play the harmonica too now!!! Anyway MERRY CHRISTMAS everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Long live the Broncos
                        Member of lagpa.

Thanks Reid!
                        My adopt-a-bronco!!! I used to be very proud now that has all changed. Now I am perfect!
                        John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

Working...
                        X