Hands Free Cell Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands Free Cell Phone

According to a proposed new law that would go into effect Jan 1, 2006 you will no longer be able to use a cell phone while driving unless you have a "hands free" adapter. I went to Circuit City and they wanted $50 for a headset with a microphone for my cell phone. Having a friend in the cell phone business, I talked with him and was able to come up with an alternative, working through Office Depot.
    These kits are compatible with any mobile phone and one size fits all. I paid him $0.08 each because he bought in quantity. Then we tried it with Motorola, Sprint, Verizon and Nokia units and they worked perfectly.

A photo is attached so scroll down & take a look and let me know if you want one. Also, forward this to anyone you know, who has a cell phone, and who may want one!

I can hear you laughing. I thought you could use a laugh.

LMAO....

Thanks Snk

Comment

thats funny but I wish more people would use handless ones when they drive, they have a hard enough time controlling their vehicles with two hands let alone one and talking on the phone at the same time
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

LOL,
        Its been law in the Uk to have to use a handsfree kit if driving for quite a while now. fixed fee penalty. repeat offenders get points on their license I believe.
        "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
        Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
          LOL,
          Its been law in the Uk to have to use a handsfree kit if driving for quite a while now. fixed fee penalty. repeat offenders get points on their license I believe.
          Ironically, this law will pass in the US in the next few years I predict. I've already heard talk and rumors about it. A friend of mine is actually getting into the hands-free car kit business just for this reason. It will be mandatory before we know it and I think that's a great idea personally.

Comment

LOL,
            I think it's about £30 ($53), rising to £60 ($106) if it's not paid within a month, and the option for 3 points on your licence (12 pts gets you a ban). Two problems with the law, though.................

1) It doesn't seem to be being enforced, if anything I'd say MORE people are driving around, talking on their phones.

2) Those that are pulling over to take call are doing it in the most dumbass places you can imagine, blind side of bends seems to be a favorite.

Biggest problem that I can see is a faulty surmise by the authorities in the UK, they're over-reliant on speed cameras, whilst removing traffic cops from patrol. Whilst cameras may do a job, they can't detect bad driving, uninsured or unroadworthy cars or drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
            The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
            BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
            You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

I cant argue its not being enforced properly. I was almost knocked down by some moron talking on his phone as I was crossing the road. It was at the traffic lights and they were clearly red. Had it not been for the fact I noticed him, i'd have been roadkill.
              "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
              Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I cant argue its not being enforced properly. I was almost knocked down by some moron talking on his phone as I was crossing the road. It was at the traffic lights and they were clearly red. Had it not been for the fact I noticed him, i'd have been roadkill.
                That's exactly my point though............

There's neither enough traffic cops to enforce the law, and I've seen drivers on the phone drive past cops without them raising so much as an eyebrow.

Too many cameras, and not enough cops.
                The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                  That's exactly my point though............

There's neither enough traffic cops to enforce the law, and I've seen drivers on the phone drive past cops without them raising so much as an eyebrow.

Too many cameras, and not enough cops.
                  This holds true for the seat belt law as well.

But.......... back to the topic at hand. I was dam near nailed by some guy yakking on his phone. He was pulling up to his red light and he made his right turn without even stopping. Without even LOOKING! I have a big red truck and he didn't even look to see I was right there. I chased the guy down and caught him in the Wendy's parking lot. I laid into him like there was no tomorrow and he was baffled looking at me like.....what????

GRRRRRRRRRR.

This is ridiculous and needs to stop.
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Tears from laughing so hard...

ROTFL hard!!!

I needed that laugh. I haven't laughed that hard since........well......Jaws post with the beauty contest and the pic of Emanc, Alan, and Reidman....thanks Invesco

Comment

That is Pimp'n
                      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X